Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Is it gamesmanship, bigging up the oppo manager, does it add more pressure on them.
  • http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/15621064.Robinson_on_Ajose___s_Bury_struggles_and_playing_Charlton_trialist_in_U23_game/

"Former Newcastle and Blackburn striker Leon Best has been on trial with the Addicks for nearly a month.

And Robinson hopes to play Best in an Under-23s game.

He said: “He’s trained really well. We’re trying to get round the rules and see if we can play him in an U23s game.

“We’ve got to see from a legality perspective whether that’s an option or not for him.”

When asked if the club were any closer to offering Best a short-term deal, Robinson added: “No. He’s quite a cool lad and doesn't really get too fussed about it.

“He's come in and he's enjoying it. He’s certainly still quick. It’s all about building up his strength to be able to be explosive in his movement.”
  • Surprised there are rules that state whether Leon Best can play or not.

Roger Johnson was allowed to play in a Kent Senior Cup game after all...
  • Surprised there are rules that state whether Leon Best can play or not.

Roger Johnson was allowed to play in a Kent Senior Cup game after all...

I thought the same but it might be about insurance in case he gets injured.

Pretty sure we've played trailists in U23 games before but would have to check that and as you say @ForeverAddickted Johnson played in the Kent Cup.
  • http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/15620970.Charlton_boss_makes_admission_about_striker_search/

Karl Robinson says Charlton have contacted clubs about signing strikers in January.

The Valley boss knows his side are short in the number nine department, with Josh Magennis being the Addicks' only senior forward on a permanent deal.

Charlton have strikers Igor Vetokele and Nicky Ajose on loan at Sint Truiden and Bury, respectively, and Robinson is unsure whether the club can call them back before the end of the season.
  • http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/15620970.Charlton_boss_makes_admission_about_striker_search/

Karl Robinson says Charlton have contacted clubs about signing strikers in January.

The Valley boss knows his side are short in the number nine department, with Josh Magennis being the Addicks' only senior forward on a permanent deal.

Charlton have strikers Igor Vetokele and Nicky Ajose on loan at Sint Truiden and Bury, respectively, and Robinson is unsure whether the club can call them back before the end of the season.

All sounds a bit odd, the manager doesn't know if he can recall the players on loan. Also unknown about something fairly simple like whether Leon Best can play U23 match, i thought we had a legal person on our books? ....
  • http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/15621167.Frosty_reception_from_AFC_Wimbledon_fans_won___t_bother_me__says_Charlton_manager_Robinson/

“If they want to sing about me, that's their prerogative. The fact I said things in the past about the club I work for, I’m not going to take them back.
  • Sponsored links:

• As a football league/premier league sanctioned competition there are eligibility requirements for players in U23 matches, some over age players are permitted but perhaps they have to be formally contracted/signed? Leon Best isn't signed, yet.
    The Kent Senior Cup is administered by the Kent FA - the despicable johnson's appearance in that competition was a matter for their rules. The eligibility need not be the same. Why would anyone assume that KR knows much about either? As usual gobby uses many words but says little or nothing of depth. His vagueness on the January availability of Charlton's loaned out bodies will be the result of his having had no effective input on them getting loaned out in the first place, which stinks strongly of roly's ignorant careless penny pinching. In much the same way that gobby will have no significant input on player retention or recruitment in January if roly is still directing his toxic charlton pantomime. Let's hope not, eh?
  • Karl robinson is doing a very good job and that upsets some people on here
  • AFCW - record so far = scored 9 goals
    CAFC - record so far = unbeaten in last 5, scoring 8 conceding 4
    KR record in London derbies = ...........er.......let's move on.
  • If we beat Wimbledon Saturday that will be 30 points from 15 games.

Whatever we think of the regime and I think they are a bunch of cnuts you have to admit Robinson is doing ok

Yes, apart from leaving us woefully short upfront. If Josh gets injured, or just needs a rest, we then have no other option. Novaks replacement (Dodoo) hasn't set foot on the pitch for around a month, which is something I'm going to take up with KR next Thursday at the Bromley meeting

Whatever we think of the regime and I think they are a bunch of cnuts you have to admit Robinson is doing ok

Yes, apart from leaving us woefully short upfront. If Josh gets injured, or just needs a rest, we then have no other option. Novaks replacement (Dodoo) hasn't set foot on the pitch for around a month, which is something I'm going to take up with KR next Thursday at the Bromley meeting
    Well that is patently not down to Robinson, unless you believe he asked Meire to get rid of all his strikers except Magennis and not replace them.

I agree. He's got the team winning games and 30 from 15, if it happens, is promotion form.

If only there was somewhere fans could have a Q & A with him locally, free and on 2 November.

I don't think he's done everything right, but given all the rubbish he's had to put up with, he's done a good job, results have improved and we are playing good football. I'm in favour
  • Sponsored links:

• Karl robinson is doing a very good job and that upsets some people on here

I don't believe people on here get upset, when Charlton are winning

He is doing better than okay and it was never his choice for Novak to leave but he wanted to, it’s best when he was on a big wage. We tried to sign someone better than Dodoo but we didn’t manage it, so we ended up with Dodoo who Robinson didn’t really want or know much of, but what can he do when the people above him messed around for too long?

The reason why he hasn’t been playing is because he is not good enough, because he doesn’t fancy him and because other than scoring on his debuts, has done absolutely nothing to say he is actually a good footballer.

Why do you think they’re putting a lot of time and resources into Leon Best? I assure you it’s not just because we lack strikers, it’s because if we can get him fit and signed before the Shrewsbury game if it goes ahead without Magennis, Best is the one to start, not Dodoo.

So there we have it, that’s saved you one question next Thursday evening that Karl wouldn’t really want to be answering.