Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Andy jacobs

Talk sports Andy Jacobs. Wot a div. grumpy. Unfunny Chelsea idiot. Sorry just had to say

Comments

• that's the whole T Sports schtick .. good cop/bad cop .. one chatterer makes a point and the other moans and disagrees about it .. get's VERY tedious after about 5 minutes .. the 2 Mikes, Durham/Gough, Murphy and anyone unfortunate enough to be on air with him .. etc. etc.
  • edited August 2017

that's the whole T Sports schtick .. good cop/bad cop .. one chatterer makes a point and the other moans and disagrees about it .. get's VERY tedious after about 5 minutes .. the 2 Mikes, Durham/Gough, Murphy and anyone unfortunate enough to be on air with him .. etc. etc.

Agree entirely, the trouble is most of the Beebs radio football coverage consists of much the same thing. Get in one self satisfied journo, but someone who at least has some knowledge of the game, add one poorly informed argumentative Welsh ponce (Robbie Savage if you hadn't already guessed), and then either sprinkle in a David Pleat or John Motson who are good broadcasters and nice blokes but think football is still the same as it was in 1985, or a grumpy ex player like Sutton/Mills/Murphy/Claridge and then let them argue completely pointlessly and constantly speakover each other so as a listener half the time you don't know what is even being said.

So much better coverage of the game is available through podcasts these days.
  • Unless he has Paul Hawksbee there to cheer him up I find him extremely tedious.

Used to listen to TS all day long but only tune in now when Arsenal have taken a spanking and Durham is baiting them.
  • edited August 2017
    The problem is they get arses of journalists or footballers who think that being opiniated is essential.
    I wish they'd try a programme with proper football/sports journalists actually talking in depth about the issues. After all they are unbiased and trained to go after the real issues.
  • Hawksbee carries him and the show massively, but it may well be you need someone like Jacobs to act as the foil for Hawksbee
  • Listen to the press pack on TS if you want to hear a bunch of aloof football correspondents cock waving their knowledge of the game and bemusing real fans as not having a Scooby.
  • There's not enough public interest in a variety of sports to justify a dedicated sports talk channel. They should revert to being Talk Radio. Whatever next, websites dedicated to individual football clubs?
  • bbob said:

I quite like the show, they have a good partnership.
    Shame that this is their last year on talksport.

I like their show, didn't realise it was their last year. Like The Warm Up on Sundays as well, thing those two are virtually the only programmes that aren't solely aimed at angry white van man-types.
  • Sponsored links:

• Really good show. As is the 2 Mikes for light hearted humour and a giggle. DerHam and Goff useless and quite awful.
  • MrLargo said:

bbob said:

I quite like the show, they have a good partnership.
    Shame that this is their last year on talksport.

I like their show, didn't realise it was their last year. Like The Warm Up on Sundays as well, thing those two are virtually the only programmes that aren't solely aimed at angry white van man-types.
    I do like the Warm Up with Max and Barry, certainly doesn't take itself too seriously!
  • Enjoyed it when the 2 Mikes Sat in on the 10.00 AM slot for a couple of weeks recently. Could listen to Parry all day.
  • Parry is a grade A loon.

"When will man run the 100m in less than one second?"
  • Party is brilliant and Mike Graham highlights beautifully without overtly ridiculing.

There will always be a place on radio for idiots
  • The sports bar and the two mikes are the best on the station
  • I can't stand him either . Paul Hawksbee is the driving force on that show . Andy Jacobs acts like he's Paul's pathetic grandad.
  • The two Mikes is class, Parry has me in stitches some weeks. There would be hardly any clips of the week without him (and Brazil of course)
  • I like H & J but Mike Parry is a god
  • I like Talk Sport in general and Hawksbee and Jacobs is a good afternoon show that doesn't take itself too seriously. The guys clearly bounce off each other pretty well. I'll also listen to anything with Mike Parry. Whilst he obviously acts up on purpose at times, I do find some of it pretty hilarious.
  • Sponsored links:

• Talk Sport is the ITV of radio.
  • My favorite listen is Georgie Bingham, especially when she was with Quinny. Personally cannot stand Mike Parry
  • Funny old world aint it. I gave up listening to TS a while ago as they all really Talkshite however I enjoy the H & J show.

The two Mike's make my teeth itch, can't stand the wankers!!