Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players Marks: Rotherham v Charlton

Your marks please:

Amos:
Solly:
DaSilva:
Bauer:
Pearce:
Fosu:
Kashi:
Forster-Caskey
Holmes:
Clarke:
Maginnes:
Ahearne-Grant: n/a
Novak: n/a
Konsa: n/a

Comments

• edited August 2017
    (Views of someone from iFollow rather than being at the match)

Amos: 9 - Great job today, think that Plymouth performance was just a one off...
    Solly: 9 - Excellent performance, you'll always get a dedicated shift from him if anything else
    Dasilva: 7.5 - Went on some good runs, once again targeted down his side because of his height... I wonder which game teams will give up?
    Bauer: 9.5 (MOTM) - Kieffer Moore is one of the top-scorers in the Division yet was made to look shite by our Centre-Backs today
    Pearce: 9 - Same as Bauer yet doesnt get scored the same because he didnt score himself
    Fosu: 7 - Didnt work out for him today, guess there will be days like that and maybe should have been swapped for KAG or Novak earlier
    Kashi: 8 - Good effort, would love to know how he injured himself by hitting his face on the goal netting after that clearance
    Forster-Caskey: 8.5 - Good performance but for those in the middle of Midfield it didnt work out as well today, was more a game for the wide-men
    Holmes: 8 - Caused the Rotherham defence all kind of issues, deserved to get an assist as he deserved something from the game
    Clarke: 7.5 - Have been a huge fan so far but barely noticed him today... Two awesome finishes though for the offside goals
    Magennis: 8 - Took his goal well but drifted in and out of the game a bit today.
  • Amos: 8 - I've been critical of him at the other games, he looked good and commanded his area well. We were rarely under threat from crosses.

Solly: 8 - solid game and killed their number 9 which caused all the injury time.

DaSilva: 8 - attacks really well and defends just as well for someone so small.

Bauer: 9 - got a goal and defended very well, was dominant in the air too.

Pearce: 8.5 - ditto Bauer but without the goal, Konsa will have a hard time getting in ahead of them at the moment.

Fosu: 8 - he's like Harriot (speedwise) but with a brain and a better touch. His sensible pass helped keep up the pressure which led to our second. He also switches wings well with Holmes.

Kashi: 7.5 the master of timewasting. Is a decent shield for the defence. Didn't play as well as he has in recent weeks though.

Forster-Caskey: 8 played well, passed it around nicely and got stuck in when need be.

Holmes: 8.5 - key man, keeps us ticking all game long.

Clarke: 7 - he has been a star recently but the stronger opposition didn't give him the chance to shine as brightly. Still managed a few clever passes through.

Magennis: 8.5 - worked hard, scared the defenders and scored, can't ask for much more.
  • SDAddick said:

Amos: 9 - claimed or punched everything close to him, including coming through a crowd a fair few times. Had one spill at the end but was probably fouled. He is very clever with how he uses the ball, as well as how long he takes with it. He's starting to look like a really, really good signing.

Solly: 9.5 - MOTM He was everywhere. He won headers, got tackles and interceptions in, defended 1-v-1 well. Sometimes I think he gets a bit of a pass because he's Solly, but he was truly outstanding today.

DaSilva: 7.5 - Very solid. Tidy in possession which was an improvement on last week. Has really good recovery pace. He still has one thing that sometimes annoys me in that he doesn't close the crosser down as quickly or effectively as he should. But another good game from him.

Bauer: 9 - Immense. Like the Bauer of two season ago, maybe better. Cut out crosses, won headers, was overall excellent at the back. Scored a goal

Pearce: 8.5 - Very solid and dealt with their forwards well. If Solly and Bauer hadn't had such excellent games we'd be talking more about him.

Fosu: 7 - Worked hard. Ran at them. Lacked an end product. But he was quietly effective in what he did, including releasing pressure at times with his ability to run 40 yards with the ball then hold it up until others joined him

Kashi: 8.5 - What's left to say, really? Watching him and Forster-Caskey hunt in a pack is beautiful.

Forster-Caskey 8.5 - Not as spectacular as last week but just as effective. His workrate was excellent. He got tackles and blocks in. Won his headers. Got his foot on the ball at times and dictated play. Won't make the headlines like he did last week but these are the types of games that put players with talent over the edge--ones where they're effective even if they're not in a staring role. Got an assist.

Holmes: 8.5 - Great cross for the goal. Looked dangerous throughout.

Clarke: 7.5 - Drifted in and out a bit. At times dictated play without anything quite coming off for him. Same story, worked hard, pressured well, dropped deep when needed.

Maginnes: 8.5 - 2 goal in 2 league games. Worked incredibly hard as usual. He occupied two central defenders on his own

Beautiful. Thanks.
  • edited August 2017
    Amos: 8.5 MOM on this performance can't see what's not to like
    Solly: 8
    DaSilva: 8
    Bauer: 8.5 extra half point for the goal
    Pearce: 8
    Fosu: 7.5
    Kashi: 7
    Forster-Caskey 7
    Holmes: 8
    Clarke: 7
    Maginnes: 7.5 extra half point for the goal
  • Amos: 7.5
    Solly: 7
    DaSilva: 7
    Bauer: 7.5
    Pearce: 7
    Fosu: 7
    Kashi: 7.5
    Forster-Caskey 7
    Holmes: 7.5
    Clarke: 7.5
    Maginnes: 7.5
  • Amos: 7.5
    Solly: 7.5
    Bauer: 8
    Pearce: 7.5
    Forster-Caskey: 7
    Clarke: 7
    Maginnes: 6.5
  • Amos 7.5
    Solly 7.5
    DaSilva 8
    Bauer 8
    Pearce 8
    kashi needs no mark, just keep him fit
    F. Caskey 8
    Holmes 8
    Fosu 8
    Clarke 7.5
    Maginnes 8

*ifollow 9
  • Sponsored links:

• Amos 8 - don't feel he was really tested, our defense done a great job but he looked active, dealt with corners well and I like how he takes his time on the ball

Solly 8.5 - although I think he isn't as good going forward, you can't help but feel safe when he is one on one with someone and he played clever as always

Bauer 9 MotM - won every header, bullied their 9 and 24, good partnership with Pearce, scored a goal. BFG.

Pearce 8.5 - Leader, vital player and when we go up I hope he stays with us, knows the game, puts the effort in and puts our defense in shape, also handled their big centre forwards well

DaSilva 8 - Let their winger? Have too much time on the ball at times imo other than that good game, first half really took the mick down his side and got the ball forward well at times, when we go up I know it's unlikely but I hope we buy him.

JFC 7.5 - some class about him, controls the ball well, looked our best passer today

Kashi 8.5 - there isn't a better mid in the league, don't even need to see the rest, too good for this division.

Holmes 7.5 - some good runs, good link up with Jay, shooting boots weren't on today for sure. Few great whip ins, set up the winner

Fosu 7 - didn't do much, I thought everyone played well today but if I really had to pick I would say he had the weakest game, had some decent runs but no end product, either way very surprised Reading let him go and I'm glad he's our player now, will improve

Clarke 7 - some real good runs at times, had one or two bad passes but he runs around a lot, in a good intelligent way though not like spongefoot. What were Bradford thinking letting him go, likewise with Fosu glad he is our player now

Mag 8.5 - given him the extra .5 for the crucial second goal, I think for a big lad he has some silky feet on him and made some really dangerous runs, also had a very hard job of being 1v2 the whole game more or less against another two big blokes, could have easily faded but he persisted and got a deserved goal
  • Amos: 8
    Solly: 7
    Pearce: 7
    Forster-Caskey 7
    Holmes: 8
    Clarke: 8
    Maginnes: 7

Every man did their bit solid away performance.
  • Amos: 8.0 Had my doubts but very assured yesterday
    Solly: 8.0 back to being the Solly we all know
    DaSilva: 7.5 another good performance
    Bauer: 8.5 What happened last season?
    Pearce: 8.0 commanding
    Fosu: 7.5 Lots of promise
    Kashi: 9.0 MOM how we have missed him
    Forster-Caskey 8.0 works so well with Kashi
    Holmes: 8.0 put some great crosses in.
    Clarke: 8.0 very skilful great work ethic
    Maginnes: 8.0 Really put a shift in deserved his goal.
  • Amos: 8.5
    Bauer: 8.5 (MoM)
    Kashi: 8
    Forster-Caskey: 7
    Clarke: 8
    Maginnes: 7.5
  • Amos: 8.0 Had my doubts but very assured yesterday
    Solly: 8.0 back to being the Solly we all know
    DaSilva: 7.5 another good performance
    Bauer: 8.5 What happened last season?
    Pearce: 8.0 commanding
    Fosu: 7.5 Lots of promise
    Kashi: 9.0 MOM how we have missed him
    Forster-Caskey 8.0 works so well with Kashi
    Holmes: 8.0 put some great crosses in.
    Clarke: 8.0 very skilful great work ethic
    Maginnes: 8.0 Really put a shift in deserved his goal.

He played a fair bit of the season on left of defence where he clearly wasn't comfortable. Had a different partner nearly every week and the squad had a poor pre-season.
  • Amos: 8.5
    Fosu: 6
    Kashi: 7.5
    Forster-Caskey 6.5
    Clarke: 6.5
    Maginnes: 7
  • Amos: 7 He looked strong & commanding from the off. He made a few good saves and caught or punched clear crosses.
    Solly: 8 His best game for Charlton for a long time.
    DaSilva: 8 A typical excellent performance.
    Bauer: 8.5 MOM, back to his best, extra half for the goal.
    Pearce: 8.5 Brilliant, best performance for Charlton ?
    Fosu: 6 Ok, but quietish.
    Kashi: 7 Played wellish. Amos saved him when he gave the ball away for what looked a certain goal.
    Forster-Caskey 7.5 Good game and took the corner for the 1st goal.
    Holmes: 7.5 Good game, typical Holmes performance.
    Clarke: 6 He worked hard, but his passes and flicks kept going astray (complete opposite of last game, when all came off)
    Magennis 7.5 Good strong performance and an extra half for the goal.
  • Amos: 8 Have always felt he would be a good signing . Like all keepers he needed a few games to be match sharp and get to know his back four .
    Solly: 8 Looking more effective again . he even went forward a couple of times
    DaSilva: 8 I really like him . Can see him having a career at Chelsea despite his height .
    Bauer: 9 The BFG . Extra mark for the goal
    Pearce: 8 Compliments the BFG so well it keeps Konsa on the bench .
    Fosu: 6 not quite as exciting today
    Kashi: 8 Loses a mark for giving the ball away a couple of times . Still an 8 because he helped boss the midfield so well against Darren Potter one of the best midfielders in L1
    Forster-Caskey 8.5 Brilliant corner assist .
    Holmes: 8 Really looking the part now .So glad he stayed in the summer
    Clarke: 7 . Not as tidy as today . He gave the ball away a few times . He was still very effective and he works really hard .
    Magennis 8 Perfect striker for this formation