Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

T20 Quarters and Finals day 2017

First up in the quarters it's Hampshire at Derbyshire. Derbyshire chasing 249 and 58 for 7 at the moment. Boom Boom Afridi with a ton off 46 balls. Looks like the Falcons are getting their wings clipped.

Comments

• Hampshire win by 101 runs.
  • They made it look easy on the end, always good to watch boom boom when he's in the mood.

Hants are a good T20 side, last year was the only time they haven't made finals day since it changed to the blast.
  • Mason Crane for Hampshire looks good but Parkinson for Lancs also looks like a good spin prospect for the future.
  • edited August 2017
    I'm going Surrey Warwickshire on friday
  • Taking my daughter to her first ever T20 game at the Oval on Friday night, really looking forward to it.
    Perhaps might inspire her to take the little bit of cricket talent she's picked up on to a cricket club somewhere, rather than our back garden where she smacks tennis ball after tennis ball over the fence at long on!
  • 1StevieG said:

Mason Crane for Hampshire looks good but Parkinson for Lancs also looks like a good spin prospect for the future.

Wears a nice line in v necked sweaters too :wink:
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Taking my daughter to her first ever T20 game at the Oval on Friday night, really looking forward to it.
    Perhaps might inspire her to take the little bit of cricket talent she's picked up on to a cricket club somewhere, rather than our back garden where she smacks tennis ball after tennis ball over the fence at long on!

Honestly t20 Friday night at the oval.. you're not going to have people going there to watch the cricket. I went to a Surrey Kent game there and it was unwatchable because everyone around me kept getting up to get drinks. SID'AAANNN
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Taking my daughter to her first ever T20 game at the Oval on Friday night, really looking forward to it.

Honestly t20 Friday night at the oval.. you're not going to have people going there to watch the cricket. I went to a Surrey Kent game there and it was unwatchable because everyone around me kept getting up to get drinks. SID'AAANNN
    Ha, we're in the family section in the OCs stand so hopefully all the drunken antics will be elsewhere in the ground. Booked a parking space 5 min walk away so should be home at a reasonable time too.
  • I'm going Surrey Warwickshire Birmingham Bears on friday

Ahem :smile:
  • Cmon Surrey !
    I didn't see, are Kent in the quarters ???
  • Sponsored links:

• Canters, I was down the Black Sheep last night , back to Lux tomorrow night but back again in 2 weeks for all week.
    We're off to Na Village tonight - never been there, but sounds interesting !
  • Cmon Surrey !

Concentrating on proper cricket, and not this 20 over slogathon nonsense :smiley:
  • Cmon Surrey !

Concentrating on proper cricket, and not this 20 over slogathon nonsense :smiley:
    I'll take that as a no then: )
  • Leicester Foxes at Glamorgan tonight. Foxes 73 for 3 and fat boy fat Mark Cosgrove at the crease with Eckersley.
  • And Cosgrove bowled as I typed. Dragged on to his stumps.
  • Gonna be a southern dominated finals day me thinks
  • Glamorgan chasing 124 and 1 down for 5.

Refuse to call them that as it simply gives credence to the whole city franchise bollocks which will destroy cricket to line the ECBs pockets.
  • Canters, I was down the Black Sheep last night , back to Lux tomorrow night but back again in 2 weeks for all week.
    We're off to Na Village tonight - never been there, but sounds interesting !

Good stuff! Enjoy. Make sure you find somewhere to watch the game.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

I'm with you on this. They're free to do what they want but sort out your drink order before you stand up so you don't ruin the actual sport for those who actually want to watch it.

Come on the rey.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cmon Surrey !

Yep, let the Crystal Palace Surrey lot do their slogging ;)
  • When I was at the Sunday Oval game it was full of kids who didn't know what was going on, all you could hear were dad's trying to explain what was happening to kids who didn't really want to be there.
    After about 5 overs they were then just running about the concourse shouting and slapping the freebie clapper things the kids get.

I think the OCS stand is definitely where the after work drinkers go.
  • Glamorgan gallop to 124 and win by 9 wickets.
  • When I was at the Sunday Oval game it was full of kids who didn't know what was going on, all you could hear were dad's trying to explain what was happening to kids who didn't really want to be there.
    After about 5 overs they were then just running about the concourse shouting and slapping the freebie clapper things the kids get.

I think the OCS stand is definitely where the after work drinkers go.

That's one advantage of the less developed grounds like Canterbury, the bored children can run around the grass freely away from the spectators
  • Notts need 152 to beat Somerset, should do it easily - par at Trent Bridge this year is 208.
    Looks like being another really one sided game
  • I take it back about Notts doing this easily, need 29 from 24 balls here
  • The north have a team at finals day, Notts win by 5 wickets

Refuse to call them that as it simply gives credence to the whole city franchise bollocks which will destroy cricket to line the ECBs pockets.
    Interesting how all the Warwickshire fans all called themselves Warwickshire both in conversation and in their chants. Not once did I hear Birmingham or bears other than via the tannoy.
  • gotta fancy the Brum Bears (a k a the Bare Bums) on their home turf
  • I know the Surrey fans wont agree with me but that was a cracking game Friday night. Thats the closest T20 finish I've experienced in person and not on the TV.

So the family stand. We was up in section D of the OCS. For a family stand, there was an awful lot of bloody adults in there without children! Was surprised how much stuff Surrey put on for the kids, don't know whether they was down to the club or sponsors tbh but a decent effort. No football club would go to efforts like that.

Had a group of 11 in front of us, including 3 teenage boys and their parents. The boys spent the first half of the game trying to beat the crap out of each other with the inflatable clappy things. Then they got bored of that and spent the first 2 overs of the second half trying to clap the clappy things as hard as they could. A fella sitting in front of them kept turning around to look at the parents yet they carried on going. My daughter could see I was getting wound up and she begged me not to cause a scene as it would be so embarrassing. Then she confiscated my water bottle from me as she thought I was going to spray them. When the very posh Dad actually turned towards his kids for the first time in almost 2 hours, I asked him politely if he could ask them to behave themselves. They shut up for about 10 minutes before they started belting the living daylights out of each other again. Oh well, they kept my daughter entertained. No idea who won the bloody cricket lol.

The catch/no catch decision turned the game.