Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

neymar £198 million

ludicrous money that could be spent, the Arab money takeover continues, football is going in such a bad direction, the qatar world cup being one look at the amount of people that have died giving them a tournament they should never have had, the english clubs outside the premier league being passed around, our own club being a assett to someone that doesn't even give a shit etc.

Comments

• And to top it off... PSG are going to avoid FFP because Neymar will sign a £200m commercial deal out in Qatar which technically means that it'll be HIM rather than the CLUB paying the crazy fee!!
  • edited August 2017
    I don't actually mind this transfer fee as it is just the ridiculous Spanish buy out clause that is being met for the 3rd best player in the world, 50m for Sigurdsson etc still seems more mental to me.

Does make a mockery of FFP though.
  • Crazy to think that a year ago the world record fee was set at 89m and now we have a fee that's going to break the record by over 100m!

PSG are crazy to pay it and i think Neymar is crazy to leave as leaving Barca for the French league has to be a step down. Can't help but feel Barca come out of this stronger by spending the money on 2-3 world class players. Interested to see if this triggers off a transfer merry go round.

Be funny if he gets injured early in the season though.
  • How much will his agent (dad) get..

Madness really - at some point the bubble will burst I feel but not anytime soon.
  • Crazy to think that a year ago the world record fee was set at 89m and now we have a fee that's going to break the record by over 100m!

PSG are crazy to pay it and i think Neymar is crazy to leave as leaving Barca for the French league has to be a step down. Can't help but feel Barca come out of this stronger by spending the money on 2-3 world class players. Interested to see if this triggers off a transfer merry go round.

It's a buyout clause in his contract. Doesn't this mean neymar doesn't actually get a choice?

It's a buyout clause in his contract. Doesn't this mean neymar doesn't actually get a choice?
    He can't be forced to join, I think there could be a few legal issues with that! It just allows PSG to talk to him.

Of course he gets a choice, you can't force a player to sign for anyone

He can't be forced to join, I think there could be a few legal issues with that! It just allows PSG to talk to him.

Crazy to think that a year ago the world record fee was set at 89m and now we have a fee that's going to break the record by over 100m!

Of course he gets a choice, you can't force a player to sign for anyone
    oh okay haha
  • Sponsored links:

• And to top it off... PSG are going to avoid FFP because Neymar will sign a £200m commercial deal out in Qatar which technically means that it'll be HIM rather than the CLUB paying the crazy fee!!

Not sure this is true. If Qatar pay him that then surely he has to declare it as an income and pay 50% tax on it? Although admittedly footballers aren't too clever at paying their taxes!!
  • edited August 2017

Wow. That's a lot of xenophobia in one post!

me?

xenophobia meaning;

dislike of or prejudice against people from other countries.

arab meaning;

Arabs are a group of diverse peoples inhabiting what is today known as the Arab world. Most Arab groups share a common linguistic, cultural, and sometimes ancestral, heritage with each other.

psg owners;

Oryx Qatar Sports Investments

wrong with what i said? nothing.

the qatar world cup is corrupt everyone knows that, unless youve been living under a rock. have you?

so care to explain your comment? or was it aimed at someone else?

and of course the usual crowd have reacted to it, very sad, not everything on here has to be glossed over by the pc brigade, getting offended on behalf of everyone.

Not sure this is true. If Qatar pay him that then surely he has to declare it as an income and pay 50% tax on it? Although admittedly footballers aren't too clever at paying their taxes!!
    That may be the tax rate here but is that the tax rate in Qatar?
  • Pedro45 said:

And to top it off... PSG are going to avoid FFP because Neymar will sign a £200m commercial deal out in Qatar which technically means that it'll be HIM rather than the CLUB paying the crazy fee!!

He doesn't live in Qatar though, so won't he pay tax based on him living/working in Paris?
  • La Liga not accepting the bid. Not sure they have that authority....?

• PSG are crazy to pay it and i think Neymar is crazy to leave as leaving Barca for the French league has to be a step down. Can't help but feel Barca come out of this stronger by spending the money on 2-3 world class players. Interested to see if this triggers off a transfer merry go round.

Can't reveal my source, but Lee Novak has just been seen getting out of a taxi at Gatwick Airport and heading for the Iberia check-in desks.
  • WSS said:

La Liga not accepting the bid. Not sure they have that authority....?

Interesting
  • Wow. That's a lot of xenophobia in one post!

and of course the usual crowd have reacted to it, very sad, not everything on here has to be glossed over by the pc brigade, getting offended on behalf of everyone.
    Even a Charlton fan should know that one person isn't a crowd.
  • WSS said:

La Liga not accepting the bid. Not sure they have that authority....?

UEFA have already reacted saying that La Liga dont have the authority and it is between the two clubs.

Could see the Court of Arbitration getting involved in this one
  • Sponsored links:

• @Uboat reacted as in like/lol

leuth, chizz, sdaddick

the usual lot when it comes to anything thats not offensive
  • shine166 said:

Mental money that usually only gets spent when I cheat at Football Manager

My biggest issue with these fees it is that I liked Football Manager when you could dip and dive around, £3/4m here and there on a few players - £8m blowout on a 30y.o. Wesley Schneider.

Don't really care in real life, it's stupid - but it's kind of interesting. 'Real' football, the kind where you'd catch Derek Hales in the pub after the game died a long long time ago, we're just watching people kick around the corpse - it's sad but oddly entertaining.
  • WTF do La Liga have to do with it? Weird.
  • Pedro45 said:

And to top it off... PSG are going to avoid FFP because Neymar will sign a £200m commercial deal out in Qatar which technically means that it'll be HIM rather than the CLUB paying the crazy fee!!

He doesn't live in Qatar though, so won't he pay tax based on him living/working in Paris?
    Not difficult to get around though.

You set up Neymar Public Appearances Ltd in Qatar
    They charge the Qatari owners of PSG £200million for misc services, maybe a public appearance by Neymar
    Neymar is paid an appearance fee for some press party in Qatar, say £2million, by NPA Limited
    NPA Limited pay Barcelona £198 million to free him from his contract
    Neymar signs for PSG on a "free transfer"
    NPA have made 0 profits, no tax there
    Neymar has made £2million for working an evening in Qatar, possibly no tax there, minimal if there is any
    Transfer is all paid in full, nobody's paid any tax and it's all technically legal and above board
  • Pedro45 said:

Not difficult to get around though.

You set up Neymar Public Appearances Ltd in Qatar
    They charge the Qatari owners of PSG £200million for misc services, maybe a public appearance by Neymar
    Neymar is paid an appearance fee for some press party in Qatar, say £2million, by NPA Limited
    NPA Limited pay Barcelona £198 million to free him from his contract
    Neymar signs for PSG on a "free transfer"
    NPA have made 0 profits, no tax there
    Neymar has made £2million for working an evening in Qatar, possibly no tax there, minimal if there is any
    Transfer is all paid in full, nobody's paid any tax and it's all technically legal and above board
    But if it's that simple to get around then why aren't the likes of Abramovich and Sheikh Mansour or any other multi billionaire owner doing the same and building super teams with £100m+ players in every position
  • What if Barcelona say they'll only accept a bid from an actual football club?
  • @Uboat reacted as in like/lol

leuth, chizz, sdaddick

the usual lot when it comes to anything thats not offensive

They're also a bright bunch of guys, I wonder if there's a connection...

Although I didn't find your post to be particularly xenophobic in this instance (which is unusual!). The Emirate states are using football as a tool to help improve the perception of their lands (they're hoping we don't think about the ill-effects of Sharia law when we're marveling at Neymar in a 'Fly Emirates' shirt), as they look to a long-term future post-oil. They don't particularly care about football, they certainly don't care about the long-term economic harm they might be causing the sport, and certainly don't care about affecting the pyramid structure that we get to enjoy.

Sheikh Mansour, who basically owns Abu Dhabi, has at least done a lot of good for Manchester, set up a world class academy and I believe has had a positive impact in the community as a result, so it's not all bad.

But I believe he, along with the others, will eventually change the structure of the current footballing league set-up, and that's why I wish they'd fuck off.
  • Report now say that Barcelona confirm Neymar has asked to leave the club.

This really is crazy.. and a complete joke at that too. Almost £200million, no wonder some people despise football.