Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

newcastle away

edited August 2006 in Match Day Travel
have booked the train now for this weekend away, but it appears there are problems with hotels?

anyone had trouble? thankfully i've got a mate who lives 10 mins from town, but it'll be a bit of a shame if we're the only charlton lot up there for a couple of days and everyone else is on a day trip!?!

Comments

• Problem with hotels? So what's the stort tobamorry!!!!
  • I'm thinking of making a weekend of it Suze.

Its a week after my birthday so i really want to make it a laugh, maybe even spend the Friday and Saturday night. What problems with hotels have you heard about?

I'm going up with a few non-Charlton guys taking them to the game and then hitting the town later.
  • well, got the train home with bexley DA5 last week and he said he'd rung round the majority of the standard hotels in newcastle (the usual travelodge, holiday inn etc by the quayside) and they've got nothing available!

haven't tried looking myself as I don't need to, but just concerned about other charlton fans!

if you haven't booked your train yet, i'd do it asap as the cheap tickets have gone.
  • I need to sort this out, hopefully can stay at a friends up there.
  • im going! :D
  • Welcome Jimmy...
  • i'll be flying up as i did last year but got big problems if there's no places to stay up there.
  • Just booking my train ticket now (£20 bargain!), is anyone staying up for Sunday night too?
  • I always stay at the airport for Newcastle or Sunderland. Plenty of good quality and cheapish rooms and the metro is only £2 for St James's.
  • Sponsored links:

• riscardo, are you going up for the weekend as usual?
  • The next time this happens it will be at the Sports Direct Arena

BBC report

• I found a hotel for that weekend !
  • What an awful name for a football stadium, I'd hate The Valley being named something like that. 
  • Whatever it's called it will still be known as The Valley to us. Shame that this move isn't bringing any extra revenue to the club.
  • as a confirmed tight arse tramp i quite like sports direct... in fact im wearing head to toe lonsdale in the office today ;-)
  • Whatever it's called it will still be known as The Valley to us. Shame that this move isn't bringing any extra revenue to the club.
    It is to highlight to other companies that they can sponsor it. it was the SportsDirect @ St James park Stadium the other year.
    It is to highlight to other companies that they can sponsor it. it was the SportsDirect @ St James park Stadium the other year.
    Apparently the deal is worth £8m - £10m a year!