Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Website

Chairman AFKA Bartram made a statement earlier today saying that Charlton life could of gone into administration but for the recent sale of site facilities. Manager Adam Lookie claimed no knowledge of the sale of the quote and link facilities or the reduction of comments per page to 40 from 50.

"We'll just have to get on with it" he said from his Bermudan base. We have some very promising young hamsters and later this week you might see just how good they are.

:-)

Chins up chaps. These problems are a tribute to the tremendous work you've done although it obviously doesn't seem that way at the moment.

Comments

• But what happens if the Hamsters are no good?

Down to 30 comments a page and no more sticky's.

Why couldn't the board be honest with us and admit that the quotes and link facitlites had to be sold. I thought when the "who's on line" bit went that would cover all the debts but now this.

The sooner this board is taken over by fansonline or Breamtime the better.
  • LoL! I can see the funny side!
  • edited August 2008
    Breamteam...

Feeeeeeeesh

Lol - makes me chuckle that
  • Id like to complain that hamsters are bein allowed access while other minority small rodents with pointy noses are not.
  • CommentAuthorHenry Irving CommentTime13 minutes ago
    But what happens if the Hamsters are no good?

Down to 30 comments a page and no more sticky's.

Why couldn't the board be honest with us and admit that the quotes and link facitlites had to be sold. I thought when the "who's on line" bit went that would cover all the debts but now this.

The sooner this board is taken over by fansonline or Breamtime the better.

Henry, now I know what an asset stripper is ;-)
  • In response to speculation, joint mangers AFKA Bartram and Lookout were keen to make clear...

"We feel we've got a good site and we've got posters who know these forums much better than last year. We think we can improve on last year, despite losing four or five key posters.

"We certainly are not happy with the current situation. Mediocrity is not something I like, and we'll be striving to do better this year."
  • I think the real problem was that when we were in the premiership we had premiership standard hamsters. In those days they had state of the art wheels, fresh water and the sunflower seeds were specially imported. Relegation meant that those hamsters had to be sold and we had to buy in hamsters from the lower leagues, and even non-league hamsters, plus we've had to borrow a few from our neighbours with mixed results. It was a brave experiment to borrow a three legged hamster and I think we've all learnt from that mistake and we won't be going down that route again.

I have every faith and confidence in the management team of AFKA and Lookie to train those hamsters into being championship winning standard hamsters.
  • "At the end of last year I was asked to achieve a figure for getting money in and reducing the wage bill, and I've tried to do that. At the minute we've still got a bit to do in terms of bringing some nous into this team," said AFKA.

"There are some decisions that I can't dictate. I'm never going to interfere with finances as the bottom line is the security of this site and if I'm told a poster has to go for that reason, then he has to go.

"It's not a situation that daunts me; I'm looking forward to the new season. We'll give it a good old go, try and do a bit of business at the end of the week and I think we can be judged where we are at the end of September."

"Posters might not have seen it, but we are paddling like mad under the water.

"We will certainly be as committed, if not more committed. We just need to add a bit of quality and this is really what the focus is on now."

He joked: "LoOKie is now wearing the right jeans, the right shirt and right watch and so on, and is a bit more confident.

"Without a shadow of a doubt this season he is going to have to be our main man. He had that pressure on him last season and I think he'll be better for it.

"He got accepted by Charlton Lifers as giving everything but one thing I feel he didn't show last year was how good he is. I think we need to see a little bit more than that.

"I want to see that je ne sais quoi from him.

He concluded: "The agenda's tough but there will be no less ambition from myself, my staff or my hamsters. We'll aim for the top and hopefully we'll be somewhere near it."
  • Well my dad was involved in running a website years ago and i have forgotten more than any of you will ever learn,

Sack AFKA now and anyone who disagrees i will continually post how shite this mob are and that the need for change is imperitive also there is a more sucessful outfit that have the mgmt we require so move this lot on now
  • Lookie said

"I knocked on the door of the server room and demanded more speed from the flip flop wearing IT fops. I didn't do it for me but for the posters.

We've got some new Hamsters in the drainpipe and if they can survive a flash flood then we think we can get them in.

We've already got Hamster Bouazza in and we hope to sign Ratty Bailey, Adrian Mole, Glenn Rodent and someone you've never heard of from Shrewsbury."
  • Sponsored links:

• Surely someone from non-League Cornish side Mousehole?
  • Surely someone from non-League Cornish side Mousehole?

Or even a West Hamster?
  • I'd did find it amusing that all these Pardew-isms keep getting linked with Hamsters....
  • You're all deluded,Take off you're rose tinted glasses you're all idiots. for years we've lacked proper admin and decent posters, it all started to go wrong in the last couple of years of netaddicks Trever got stale, then we get Lookout and AfKA with their spin and hyberbole, and their fancy ways of doing things. Telling us that it's all fine well it was better in the old days with Tonto and two sheds.

This place is doomed
  • I blame Andrew Mills.
  • Where's Golfie when you need him ......?

;o)
  • Harsh T very harsh but true ; - )