Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jon Lucas RIP

Many of you will have known Jon from his days on RTM and Millennium FM. Jon also took over from Brian Cole when he was sacked and then acted as DJ at the valley on matchdays too. Jon was a big Charlton fan and made sure that the coverage RTM and Millennium carried was vehemently pro Charlton. Others on here, Clive Richardson for one, could tell you much much more

I've just been told that he passed away today.

I can't tell you how shocked it's left many of us who worked on the station.

Jon gave me my chance and let me and the boys loose on the Saturday morning show, he was a good man. He loved his soul and his 'Old Skool', if I recall Jon was one of the pirate pioneers in South London that helped free up the airwaves back in the 80's.

RIP big man.

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2017
    RIP. Only met Jon briefly but he was well known as a committed fan and soul DJ
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Rip jon
  • Options
    Sorry to hear of this. Never met him in person but always enjoyed his stuff on RTM.
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP Jon. Used to enjoy his shows.
  • Options
    This is very sad news. Jon's show used to immediately follow my Charlton Chat show on RTM and I always looked forward to the bit of banter that Clive Richardson and I had with him every Sunday night. Later, I asked him to take over as pitch announcer at The Valley and he became an important member of the match day team. RIP Jon
  • Options
    Christ, taken me aback just a bit. Loved working on Charlton Live with various people, Jon made it look so easy holding a live broadcast together, especially after a bad defeat when people were a bit annoyed. Absolutely top man, RIP mate.
  • Options
    Always enjoyed the Charlton bias on RTM.
    Watch over us from The Valley in the Sky
    RIP
  • Options
    Know the name from halftimes and other announcements at The Valley.

RIP
  • Options
    RIP Jon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

RIP
  • Options
    Sad to read that this morning. I always thought he had a really good radio voice.
    Met him a couple of times he always seemed to be a good guy.
    RIP
  • Options
    Rip. Remember him as a very decent pitchside announcer
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Seemed a real dedicated local radio stalwart. RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    R.I.P. Jon
  • Options
    I remember talking to Jon on the phone back in about 2000 regarding a prize a won on the original Charlton Live.

RIP JON!
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I did pirate radio with him in Plumstead back in the late 80s. A proper DJ, I had a lot of respect for him. Very sad news.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP John, enjoyed the Charlton Live shows, the phone in's were good fun, had a couple of exchanges of views with him, be good if the current show mention him in the new season.
  • Options
    RIP John. Very sad news.
  • Options
    RIP Jon
  • Options
    Met him twice, nice guy, always seemed professional.
  • Options
    RIP