Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Viewing the desktop site

Having trouble switching from mobile site to desktop.
Any ideas on how to fix this if it's a problem my end.

Comments

• Had this problem from a while. Gave up trying to see who had liked or loled my posts.
  • Nothing to do with that.
    I usually draft the beat the bookie thread of an evening on my pic, then post it the following morning from my phone.
    Can't view drafts in mobile mode (unless I'm being thick).
  • edited April 2017
    You not getting the 'Full Site' option on the bottom row?

• the full site button is whats not working (on a mobile anyway)
  • edited April 2017
    I am but went you click on it, it says 'something's gone wrong'
  • Thought it might just be me or my old phone but if the young guns are having problems it is a common problem.

I have every faith in you AFKA (or Lookie) to sort it :wink:
  • You not getting the 'Full Site' option on the bottom row?

Yeah the button is there but I get the sad face chrome page that says something isn't working whenever I try. Would post a screenshot but never managed to post a picture on here.
  • edited April 2017
    It's been playing up for a week or so but not being a vociferous sort of chap, I didn't want to cause a stir :wink:
  • Same issue here. Been like it for 3-4 days.

Yes. But when click on it I get this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ok, understand. I'm not going to be able to this morning but I'll report this afternoon and hopefully get it resolved. Will update tonight
  • Ok, understand. I'm not going to be able to this morning but I'll report this afternoon and hopefully get it resolved. Will update tonight

:+1: Much more convincing response than that usually received from one of your disciples who just promises to 'look into it' :wink:
  • no wonder our subscriptions are going up.
  • edited April 2017
    On iPhone I am using the safari option to view desktop site, I get the error message then go back to previous page and it works. For a short while anyway.

Yes. But when click on it I get this.
    I think the site has become self-aware and it's now providing sarcastic commentary on Charlton
    Proper lol, made me laugh out loud :smile:
  • I'm looking into it.
  • LoOkOuT said:

I'm looking into it.

Having built you up don't let me down :wink: .
  • edited April 2017
    Any news on this?

Like to know who's liked and loled what. Helps you know who's on your side in a debate! :p
  • Much prefer the desktop version on my phone
  • Sponsored links:

• Much prefer the desktop version on my phone

Nah the mobile site is great. The only downside is you can't stalk who has done the liking and loling.

And you don't have the activity button. Other than that I prefer the mobile site
  • edited April 2017

Much prefer the desktop version on my phone

Nah the mobile site is great. The only downside is you can't stalk who has done the liking and loling.

And you don't have the activity button. Other than that I prefer the mobile site
    Let's not fall out about this mate ;-)
  • Should have an answer on this soon.
  • Yes guys, WE ARE, looking into it
  • edited May 2020
    Bump.

When I click the “full site” button, the website reloads but stays in mobile version. I have no way of accessing desktop view on my phone.

PS this could all be resolved and I wouldn’t need to access the full site on my phone if it was possible to embed tweets and YouTube links while using the mobile site. Please and thank you. :-)
  • When I’m on the mobile site...

• edited May 2020
    When I’m on the “full” site which now looks exactly like the mobile site.

• Started a thread about it the other day, it's being looked into. 
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/88959/full-site-not-working#latest
  • Thanks. Looks like it’s been sorted now.