Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Upbeats Day - Saturday 8th April 2017

Upbeats Day on Saturday 8th April

This guys needs a MASSIVE push in the build up to help try and make this the success we all want it to be.

Firstly, the Upbeats is completely self funded. Our members have made a massive contribution since 2009 in ensuring this fantastic programme remains viable, so please please if you are able to make a contribution, or generally sponsor the Lifers participation, then please do so via the link below and clicking on Donate:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Charlton-Life1

We will also be auctioning some great prizes through next week

Secondly, and just as importantly, we need to boost the number of Lifers participating in the walk.

Details

- It's a 9-mile stroll from the Training Ground in New Eltham to The Valley
- A number of club legends such as Derek Hales and Mike Flanagan will be walking and chatting to fans throughout the walk
- You get free breakfast pastries, tea/ coffee, Upbeats T-Shirt at the start of the walk, and drinks / snacks at the pit stop on route
- At The Valley you'll get a complimentary hot meal and the opportunity from either the lounge or the stands to watch the Upbeats take on Brighton
- By walking, you qualify for discounted tickets for the Charlton v Southend game that afternoon

It's COMPLETELY FREE TO ENTER, its fantastic fun, its nowhere near as challenging as you may think it is, and i will guarantee by the end of it you will be so glad you gave up your morning for it.

You can register on this link and by clicking on 'BOOK NOW':

http://www.cact.org.uk/courses/upbeats-walk

We need to significantly boost the List of walkers participating, so who is going to join the list below:

@AFKABartram
@T.C.E
@Swisdom
@Onlyme
@CAFCBourne
@blackpool72
@Dansk_Red
@3blokes
@suzisausage
@les_says
@AddicksAddict
@Cardinal Sin
@Curb_It
@Tavern
@DA9
@Dippenhall
@AshBurton
@MartinCAFC
@DaveStorry
@HantsAddick
@LargeAddick
@DaveMehmet (hopefully the big girl)
@kimbo (hopefully)
@ozaddick
@Tracey
@cabbles
@Alwaysneil
@StubleyAddick
@big in Brasov

Its a great start but can we double it?

Who is in? I've heard @Swisdom is going to buy everyone a drink at the end.....

Will is in, are you?

Comments

• thanks @cabbles for the first sponsorship contribution.

can we talk you into the walk??

• just confirmed and donated. looking forward to it and see you all at the training ground
  • nice one @tables

I quit, you can find someone else to moderate the article 50 thread
  • @TEL you in the UK for this? Fancy joining us for a stroll mate?
  • I'm not sure your list is 100% accurate. Admittedly I did have some issues registering but I'm fairly sure I have.

Seem to remember some others who have done the same who aren't on your list.

• edited March 2017
    A few on here have kindly already donated for my attempt at the walk. They know with my health problems I won't make anything like nine miles, but going to try a few.

I thought it was going to be until RD sells!
  • I'm not sure your list is 100% accurate. Admittedly I did have some issues registering but I'm fairly sure I have.

Seem to remember some others who have done the same who aren't on your list.

No idea who has registered @Alwaysneil , i'm just going from the last thread of people who said they were doing it.

Welcome aboard captain, i'll keep that list updated at the top.
  • I'm another one on the list. Doing the walk for the first time and throughly looking forward to it
  • I'm hoping to make it mate. I'm going to try the drinking lots of cider cure while we're in the New Forest next week to see if that helps my foot. Even if it doesn't, it should addle my brain enough so I won't feel the pain.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nice one @StubleyAddick look forward to seeing you there
  • nice one @tables

Yesssss so happy I'm not the only one.
  • I like the fact we have our own JustGiving page for it. Nice one.

Id like an old fashion form to stick in my local. Ill ask Tina if they have one.
  • I never like to miss out on something good so I'm in
  • On a serious note, I'd be happy to kick in to a little "drinks at the end of the walk/during a break in the walk/before the walk" fund. Is that something we could throw together, maybe for those of us who can't go as a thank to those who can?
  • wish I'd known we'd have our own page, set up my own but would have been good to add it to the CL total
  • good man BiB, see you there!

quite a few debuts this year (very Charlton!).
  • good man BiB, see you there!

quite a few debuts this year (very Charlton!).

Just like the close of the last 5 transfer windows
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2017

wish I'd known we'd have our own page, set up my own but would have been good to add it to the CL total

No problem Large, we'll informally include your efforts with ours mate (great effort btw). It all goes to the same cause, I set up a CL one as the way JustGiving configure it now, the main CACT page for this isn't clear if you are donating or becoming a fundraiser

Anyway, here you go peeps. Thanks to Cabbles and Anon so far

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Charlton-Life1
  • Curb_It said:

Got the form.

Cheers. That looks nicer than the one on my reception so I'll be nabbing that too

• Wishing everyone the very best with the walk. I will manage to get along to it one of these years!

I'd already paid in my winnings from our family Six Nations rugby forecaster on the CACT Upbeats link - didn't realise there would be a CL specific one...
  • I ask every year but not having friends no ones ever taken me up on it! I need someone to drive my van from Sparrows lane to Charlton and park it up, ideally somewhere where it will still be there when I arrive in SE7.
    Pretty please. :smile:
  • T.C.E said:

I ask every year but not having friends no ones ever taken me up on it! I need someone to drive my van from Sparrows lane to Charlton and park it up, ideally somewhere where it will still be there when I arrive in SE7.

If you ask the club nicely they will probably let you park in the main stand car park beforehand.

• Swisdom said:

T.C.E said:

I ask every year but not having friends no ones ever taken me up on it! I need someone to drive my van from Sparrows lane to Charlton and park it up, ideally somewhere where it will still be there when I arrive in SE7.

If you ask the club nicely they will probably let you park in the main stand car park beforehand.

anyone help TCE with a lift from the West Stand car park to Sparrows Lane? ;-))
  • Swisdom said:

T.C.E said:

Somehow I very much doubt that @Swisdom. ;)
  • T.C.E said:

Swisdom said:

T.C.E said:

Somehow I very much doubt that @Swisdom. ;)
    Ah...maybe not you.

But that's what I'll be doing so if you are in the vicinity I am sure I can shoehorn you in to my car.
  • When is the latest time you can enter! Want to do this but I am having an injection in my foot next week so depends if I am able
    Thanks
    Kim