Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stockport County - a lesson from recent history

2»

Comments

• Options
    Checked the play off final programme, Forest and Boro automatic promotion, Sunderland, Charlton, Ipswich, Sheffield United play offs, Birmingham 7th , Stockport 8th. Can't trust the old grey matter completely anymore, my memory told me Stockport were 7th but they were actually 8th 9 points behind Birmingham who lost out to Sheffield United on goal difference.
  • Options
    Today's result Stockport 0 AFC Fylde 4
  • Options

Today's result Stockport 0 AFC Fylde 4

AFC Fylde are my local team and I would expect them to be a football league team in the next 5 years.
  • Options
    A reminder of what the future may hold unless we change the path we are on. Roland out
  • Options
    I wonder if we will start to see other sports using the Valley , like London Broncos did some time ago?
  • Options
    How low is rock bottom under RD ? Stockport low ?
  • Options

I wonder if we will start to see other sports using the Valley , like London Broncos did some time ago?

A football team maybe?
  • Options
    Daddy_Pig said:

In that 97/98 season they finished 8th and 9 points behind Birmingham who were 7th. Had to look it up because I was sure we had played Brum on the last day, drawing 0-0 and that kept them out of the play offs on goals scored.

Point still remains though. That County team were very good. That season they scores 71 goals, 11 more than Birmingham who were the second highest scoring side outside the playoffs.

County had also done the double over Charlton. Interestingly Charlton's home record that season... P23 W17 D5 L1

We did and they weren't best pleased after!!
  • Options
    After Charltons relegation last night feeling a mixture of emotions - mostly anger and frustration at RD and the utter crooks he sold to - and last night felt like the culmination of all their actions exploding in one complete disaster of a relegation. 

It has been annoying that recently on Charlton Life someone has been posting that CARD is in some way to blame for our current situation - probably click bait, but the fact it is being posted is not right  and dangerously to someone without knowledge of the recent history of the club reading it could give the impression to the uninitiated that it has some basis in fact. So, the only positive thing I could think of doing was to look back at this thread - proof that CARD and those protesting against Roland were right and have always been right.

Since this thread started Bury can now be added to the list of casualties of bad owners - and they had just been promoted when dumped out of the league and a reformed Bury is about to start the new season in the 10th tier of non league.

For Charlton the protest needs to be re-energised and re focused - all our feelings of anger, despair and frustration harnessed for the good of the club in lawful, effective and productive action - ideas and suggestions welcome !   The whole future of the club is at stake.

I’ve got a felling that dennis’s like count will increase a lot this morning
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Mate, you've got some willpower or shit at remembering passwords. 

23 visits to this site in 8 years!!!

Brilliant. 
  • Options
    Nug said:
    I have no idea if it's possible or feasible but my biggest fear is he somehow gets rid of the football club but keeps ownership of the valley and training ground and rents it to Charlton. Unless he sells in 2016 I can't ever see him recouping anything close to his outlay.
    Mystic Nug completely correct here, sadly for all of us
  • Options
    Nug said:
    I have no idea if it's possible or feasible but my biggest fear is he somehow gets rid of the football club but keeps ownership of the valley and training ground and rents it to Charlton. Unless he sells in 2016 I can't ever see him recouping anything close to his outlay.
    Is @Nug short for Nostradamus?
  • Options
    Nug said:
    Yup.
  • Options
    Nug said:
    Give this man a prize. How prophetic is this
  • Options
    jamescafc said:
    Still remember AH's hattrick.
    At their place wasn't it 4-0. Remember the open terrace and it being sunny but bloody cold. Proper lower league ground. Sadly in the shadows of football gods of Manchester. Respect to them for continuing.

In original post it mentions North Ferriby. I have seen them play at Hallam F.C as a kid in the Northern Counties East League Premier Division circa 1983-4. Indeed this is as far from League football as it gets. Hallam F.C play at Sanygate, world's oldest ground and when I went the first team. Got average crowds of 100. Yes that the first team, their second string for lower crowds in the County Senior League. Also used to see games against Stocksbridge Park Steels F.C, from where Jamie Vardy hails. 
  • Options
    World's oldest ground???

Surely that's Selhurst Park?