Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup and Nicky Bailey

Just watched the draw and Nicky Bailey was there representing Sutton.
I am surprised he has dropped out of the football league. Still young at thirty two.

Comments

• pettgra said:

I am surprised he has dropped out of the football league. Still young at thirty two.

Penalty coach evidently
    Good work Blackpool, Nicky Bailey penalty reference is part of the CL bingo, and you got it in one post ;).
  • SDAddick said:

pettgra said:

Penalty coach evidently
    Good work Blackpool, Nicky Bailey penalty reference is part of the CL bingo, and you got it in one post ;).
    Good ain't i
  • edited January 2017

pettgra said:

Penalty coach evidently
    Well they are at Park View Road tomorrow, so if anyone is walking past, hard hats could be the order of the day.
  • pettgra said:

I saw him when Sutton played Dartford in the 1st round. He didn't stand out as someone who had been a very decent Championship level player...and moaned to the ref a lot!
  • pettgra said:

I saw him when Sutton played Dartford in the 1st round. He didn't stand out as someone who had been a very decent Championship level player...and moaned to the ref a lot!
    Same old then!
  • pettgra said:

pettgra said:

Penalty coach evidently
    Well they are at Park View Road tomorrow, so if anyone is walking past hard hats could be the order of the day.
    Am I missing something here?
  • pettgra said:

pettgra said:

Penalty coach evidently
    Well they are at Park View Road tomorrow, so if anyone is walking past hard hats could be the order of the day.
    Am I missing something here?
    Sorry, more punctuation would have been helpful. Just watch out for a Bailey special, thats all.
  • edited January 2017
    Who's at PVR tomorrow was what I was referring to. Or am I really thick?
  • Who's at PVR tomorrow was what I was referring to. Or am I really thick?

No, its me with a lack of info. Erith and Belvedere are hosting Sutton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Plays at right back for Sutton. Makes Grant Basey look like Usain Bolt.
  • Erith and Belvedere are hosting Sutton Athletic at PVR tomorrow. Sutton United are at Braintree Town. I don't think even a Bailey special could reach PVR from there. At least he saved us the pain of losing to Millwall in the final with that miss.
  • Plays at right back for Sutton. Makes Grant Basey look like Usain Bolt.

This.

Saw him play against Bromley on boxing day. It was like he was harvesting a whole turkey in his belly.
  • Scored a shit load of goals for us.

Captained the side for a while.

No complaints.
  • pettgra said:

pettgra said:

Penalty coach evidently
    Well they are at Park View Road tomorrow, so if anyone is walking past, hard hats could be the order of the day.
    Best not sit on the top deck of a passsing bus.
  • Dave2l said:

Scored a shit load of goals for us.

Captained the side for a while.

No complaints.

In some ways, was a bit like JJ - stealing in at the far post to head a goal, liable to lose the ball when trying to beat someone, possibility of a penalty miss.
  • A graph of Bailey's senior career would form an almost perfect curve. Sutton - Barnet - Southend - Charlton - Middlesbrough - Millwall - Barnet - Sutton.

He played 89 games for us scoring 25 goals whereas he only scored once for Millwall in 36 games - that was good of him.
  • Jackson's a much better all round footballer than Bailey. Bailey served us well but he was all hustle and bustle and not much else. Not sure Jacko's missed a pen, has he?
  • I saw him play for Sutton recently. Unfortunately, an injury to Sutton's left back meant that he switched to left back as cover. He looked comfortable at left back, made a few good long range passes but looked slow. He was on Sutton's better players but no more than that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Erith and Belvedere are hosting Sutton Athletic at PVR tomorrow. Sutton United are at Braintree Town. I don't think even a Bailey special could reach PVR from there. At least he saved us the pain of losing to Millwall in the final with that miss.

Ah I see. I should pay more attention to detail. Grr!!!!
  • Valley11 said:

Jackson's a much better all round footballer than Bailey. Bailey served us well but he was all hustle and bustle and not much else. Not sure Jacko's missed a pen, has he?

just the 12.
  • Well no game for Charlton, so I took a trip to see Cray Wanderers take on Sutton Common Rovers in the FA Cup.  An was shocked to see our very own Nicky Bailey make his debut for the Cray. Also playing for Cray was Joey Taylor who is Lyle Taylor’s younger brother. Unfortunately he suffered a bad injury yesterday, and may be out for some time.  Although favourites for the game Cray lost to Sutton who had yet to win a league game this season and hail from a league lower. 
  • He appears to be looking up at the sky... Was his Swindon penalty due to re-enter the atmosphere?
  • Gets a lot of stick for that one penalty miss, but he was superb for us throughout his time here. Shame so many seem to criticise him retrospectively really. Don’t understand it 
  • cafctom said:
    Gets a lot of stick for that one penalty miss, but he was superb for us throughout his time here. Shame so many seem to criticise him retrospectively really. Don’t understand it 
    Never read much criticism, there’s certainly a lot of sarcasm/humour aimed at him about the penalty, and to be fair that happens with almost all footballers. They are reminded more about a certain ‘famous’ moment than anything else. 
  • Well no game for Charlton, so I took a trip to see Cray Wanderers take on Sutton Common Rovers in the FA Cup.  An was shocked to see our very own Nicky Bailey make his debut for the Cray. Also playing for Cray was Joey Taylor who is Lyle Taylor’s younger brother. Unfortunately he suffered a bad injury yesterday, and may be out for some time.  Although favourites for the game Cray lost to Sutton who had yet to win a league game this season and hail from a league lower. 
    Old school black boots or did he forget them and is being made to play in his shoes?
  • Good to see he's still playing. Don't think anyone really criticises him, he was great for us for a couple of years. Just so happens that his last kick and defining moment was one of the worst penalties in living memory, with many still speculating when the ball will finally return to earth!
    Old school black boots or did he forget them and is being made to play in his shoes?
    Was just going to post the same, extremely rare these days you see player in all black boots. Looks like something from the 60s, made worse by the black socks. He looks like he's wearing plimsolls
  • cafctom said:
    Gets a lot of stick for that one penalty miss, but he was superb for us throughout his time here. Shame so many seem to criticise him retrospectively really. Don’t understand it 
    Hmm, he was good to start with but his final season - certainly the latter part - he really declined. I remember he seemed to spend more time rolling around on the floor than actually doing anything productive.