Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bolton away 28/1/2017 advanced train tickets

Comments

• Forget what Bolton or Charlton should or shouldn't do regarding tickets. We the fans are all aware that it could be postponed so we cannot blame the clubs

Yes we can.

• Forget what Bolton or Charlton should or shouldn't do regarding tickets. We the fans are all aware that it could be postponed so we cannot blame the clubs

Yes we can.

Next thing you know your be blaming the club for you booking your Bolton train ticket
  • clb74 said:

Forget what Bolton or Charlton should or shouldn't do regarding tickets. We the fans are all aware that it could be postponed so we cannot blame the clubs

Yes we can.

Next thing you know your be blaming the club for you booking your Bolton train ticket
    I'm hoping the game is off so I can go on a non-league ground hop.
  • Bolton v Palace goes to a replay.
    Have to wait another week or so before we find out if our match with Bolton will be moved.
  • Bolton v Palace goes to a replay.
    Have to wait another week or so before we find out if our match with Bolton will be moved.

Less than 400 for that one as people will have to make hurried arrangements.
  • edited January 2017
    Still don't book train tickets yet until after Palace v Bolton replay. That is of course of Bolton lose it. No trains through Horwich Parkway bus only. Bus all the way to Preston. But you can a bus to Bolton then a train to Manchester. Choach journey between Horwich Parkway and Preston is about aan hour. That is to take into consideration pulling off the motorway and driving to each intermediate station and then driving back to the motorway again. Not to mention driving to the motorway from Horwich Parkway station and from the the motorway to Preston Station.
  • edited January 2017

Still don't book train tickets yet until after Palace v Bolton replay. That is of course of Bolton lose it. No trains through Horwich Parkway bus only. Bus all the way to Preston. But you can a bus to Bolton then a train to Manchester.

Wigan is easier.
  • Still don't book train tickets yet until after Palace v Bolton replay. That is of course of Bolton lose it. No trains through Horwich Parkway bus only. Bus all the way to Preston. But you can a bus to Bolton then a train to Manchester.

Wigan is easier.
    Bus to Bolton, train to Salford Crescent then another train to Wigan Wallgate before just crossing the road to Wigan North Western.
  • Still don't book train tickets yet until after Palace v Bolton replay. That is of course of Bolton lose it. No trains through Horwich Parkway bus only. Bus all the way to Preston. But you can a bus to Bolton then a train to Manchester.

Wigan is easier.
    Bus to Bolton, train to Salford Crescent then another train to Wigan Wallgate before just crossing the road to Wigan North Western.
    Please see original post.
  • If our game goes tits up with Bolton beating palice I will be going to Widnes v AFC Blackpool.

Get off at Warrington Bank Quay and go from Warrington Central to Widnes, 8 minutes by train.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bolton have gone 1-0 up after 50 minutes!

Does anybody know if Widnes v AFC Blackpool will be all ticket?!
  • Bolton have put a strong team out, but then the winners are at home to Man City. I can see Bolton getting a big crowd for that match and making some serious money
  • Might be handy to not play Bolton with Magennis out for a few weeks
  • edited January 2017
    Palace equalised 1-1 Benteke. 68m.
  • 2-1 Palace. Game on.
  • Benteke again 77m.
  • Not many times I want palice to win, but I do not want to go to Widnes!
  • Palace win 2-1.
  • The Anvil pub is next to Wigan bus station, is an excellent boozer with a wide selection for both lager and drinkers of the 'flat stuff'.

Aside from this, it is very cheap!
  • Sponsored links:

• Not many times I want palice to win, but I do not want to go to Widnes!

Elfs I've had to flag for that
  • clb74 said:

Not many times I want palice to win, but I do not want to go to Widnes!

Elfs I've had to flag for that
    I give you that one mate, I deserved it!

No hard feelings.........until tomorrow.
  • The cheapest direct route still available i can see is,by splitting your ticket but staying on same trains,for example i have booked
    07.43 Euston to Birmingham New St arrive 09.08- £11.00
    09.15 Birmingham New St to Wigan North Western arrive 10.37 -£11.00

18.30 Wigan North Western to Birmingham New St arrive 20.05 -£9.00
    20.10 Birmingham New St to Euston arrive 21.57-£11.00
    The cheapest fare from Euston to Horwich return is £54.00,so by splitting your tickets you save £12.00.
    Also travelling from Wigan to Horwich by bus/cab should be a lot easier than using rail replacement buses between Preston/Wigan & Horwich Parkway.
    These fares do not include railcard discounts.
  • clive said:

The cheapest direct route still available i can see is,by splitting your ticket but staying on same trains,for example i have booked

The cheapest fare from Euston to Horwich return is £54.00,so by splitting your tickets you save £12.00.
    Also travelling from Wigan to Horwich by bus/cab should be a lot easier than using rail replacement buses between Preston/Wigan & Horwich Parkway.

7:43am from Euston for a 3pm kick off, Jesus.

Glad we gambled on Palace winning and booked our train tickets a couple of weeks, you can always rely on the Nigels to help Charlton out.
  • clive said:

The cheapest direct route still available i can see is,by splitting your ticket but staying on same trains,for example i have booked

We'll see you in The Anvil.

Cab both ways methinks.
  • Can anyone direct me to an authoritative website for information about the engineering works at Horwich Parkway and a replacement bus service on Saturday. Neither of the clubs' websites mention it nor does Trainline or National Rail Enquiries (even when using their engineering works alert). I've tried Google and that also draws a complete blank. Where has this come from?
  • edited January 2017

Can anyone direct me to an authoritative website for information about the engineering works at Horwich Parkway and a replacement bus service on Saturday. Neither of the clubs' websites mention it nor does Trainline or National Rail Enquiries (even when using their engineering works alert). I've tried Google and that also draws a complete blank. Where has this come from?

Go on nationalrail.co.uk and London Euston to Horwich Parkway will give you the options.

Alternatively read the opening post of this thread.

An eight seater cab from Wigan is a good option as well.

• Thanks Elfsborg. I've looked it up on nationalrail.co.uk and there's no mention of engineering works. In fact it says "there are currently no reported service disruptions" for Saturday. Am I living in a parallel universe?
  • Thanks Elfsborg. I've looked it up on nationalrail.co.uk and there's no mention of engineering works. In fact it says "there are currently no reported service disruptions" for Saturday. Am I living in a parallel universe?

Replacement bus services.
  • ............. Am I living in a parallel universe?

Thanks Elfsborg. I've looked it up on nationalrail.co.uk and there's no mention of engineering works. In fact it says "there are currently no reported service disruptions" for Saturday. Am I living in a parallel universe?

Replacement bus services.
    Seems like it Biil, how did we get on v Scunny on Saturday? :wink: