Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Help With Loading Account Icon

edited June 2008 in Troubleshooting
I've had a nightmare trying to load a new icon. Has anyone got any words of wisdom. Filetypes? I've tried .jpeg .gif .png .ico and others can't get anything to work.

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Harvey Gardens[/cite]I've had a nightmare trying to load a new icon. Has anyone got any words of wisdom. Filetypes? I've tried .jpeg .gif .png .ico and others can't get anything to work.

Me too, tried it a few times with jpeg, never worked.
  • me to even tried wearing me flip flops, but it didnt work.
  • Anyone?
  • In all likelihood, you probably changed your pic, but your browser cache stopped you from seeing it. Follow the steps of uploading the new pic and then make sure your page is loading directly from the server by pressing F5 + ctrl (IE) on any given page. More here. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll dig deeper.
  • Thanks LoOkOuT, but it just doest seem to be loading in the first place. Here's a sample of the sort of messages I get when I try to load something.

Some problems were encountered
    You are not allowed to upload (2008-05-25fad.ico) the requested file type: image/x-icon

Failed to upload the file: fadgif.gif

You are not allowed to upload (fadpng.png) the requested file type: image/x-png
  • Sorry for your troubles HG. Send me the image to admin@ and I'll look into it. Right now tho, I'm off out ;-)
  • another question when im logged in i cant see the icons

When im logged out i can see account icon's

Is that right?
  • No, shouldn't be like that. Sounds like a browser issue, or you have selected Text only mode ON from your control panel on the left hand side.
  • yeah it was on LOL
  • Thanks very much for that LoOkOuT. Much appreciated.
  • Sponsored links:

• Any ideas on this other than letting admin upload it?