Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Notifications for Private Messages?

I'm just wondering if I'm missing a setting for notifications of new Private Messages? The one bugbear I have with this forum is that if I get a Private Message, sometimes I don't notice it for a few weeks.. which is awkward.

A simple little alert/dialog when you visit and theres a new PM would be awesome! Does VanillaForums support anything like this that I've overlooked in the settings?

Comments

• edited October 2016
    You have only one bugbear with this place? I have one for each poster :lol:

Luckily I know I am probably a bugbear for many myself... or just an inconvenience :disappointed:
  • It's there.

Account/Edit Profile/Notifications Preferences (choose email, or popup, or both).
  • Click on your name top-right
    Click Edit Profile on the right
    Click Notification Preferences on the left
    Make sure Notify me of Private Messages has ticks by the ways you want to be notified.

If you have these set already...then I don't know!
  • My inbox quite clearly states i have messages in my inboix.. ie. 1 2 or 10 etc.

The only time you don't get notified is when some incorrectly leaves it on your wall - where the whole world can see. Time and time again people are leaving messages on there. silly.
  • There is so much more to this forum than I knew of. I have a wall, and I've discovered the mysterious group link! What's that all about?
  • LoOkOuT said:

It's there.

Account/Edit Profile/Notifications Preferences (choose email, or popup, or both).

Well someone now feels like a dick...
  • I get a non reply email when I receive a private message.

I would imagine that must be standard as my IT skills are even less proficient than Charlton's midfield so far this season.
  • edited October 2016
    LuckyReds said:

LoOkOuT said:

It's there.

Oooer Misses!
  • LuckyReds said:

LoOkOuT said:

It's there.

It's often mentioned in the clique forum.

• Sponsored links:

• LuckyReds said:

I'm just wondering if I'm missing a setting for notifications of new Private Messages? The one bugbear I have with this forum is that if I get a Private Message, sometimes I don't notice it for a few weeks.. which is awkward.

A simple little alert/dialog when you visit and theres a new PM would be awesome! Does VanillaForums support anything like this that I've overlooked in the settings?

Will look into it
    Where've you been whilst the sh*t was hitting the fan? :wink:
  • LenGlover said:

I get a non reply email when I receive a private message.

I would imagine that must be standard as my IT skills are even less proficient than Charlton's midfield so far this season.

If you don't want that (i don't!), go to your account as set out in the steps in one of the posts above and unclick the email notification for private messages on the grid shown.

• Don't listen to him Len - if you drill down into that box, you will see it leads to giving automatic assent to EU monitoring of your posts.
  • edited October 2016
    LoOkOuT said:

There's a new option on the roadmap to have your messages printed out and hand delivered by @i_b_b_o_r_g on a Lambretta as part of his initiation.

Getting out of France dressed as an Afghan schoolboy is proving harder done than said..
  • RedChaser said:

LuckyReds said:

Will look into it
    Where've you been whilst the sh*t was hitting the fan? :wink:
    Out washing his new CL admin company car. ;)
  • AFKA has someone to wash his.
  • There is so much more to this forum than I knew of. I have a wall, and I've discovered the mysterious group link! What's that all about?

Nobody has confirmed what that Groups link is all about and now I'm suspicious.

Has anyone ever seen @LoOkOuT and Sue Parkes in the same room?
  • LenGlover said:

I get a non reply email when I receive a private message.

If you don't want that (i don't!), go to your account as set out in the steps in one of the posts above and unclick the email notification for private messages on the grid shown.

I actually find it quite useful thanks.

Just making the point that the option is there for those who miss their PMs.
  • Sponsored links:

• LuckyReds said:

LoOkOuT said:

It's there.

Probably is that time of day after all.
  • LuckyReds said:

LoOkOuT said:

It's there.

I've felt like a Dick all of my life ...
  • LoOkOuT said:

There's a new option on the roadmap to have your messages printed out and hand delivered by @i_b_b_o_r_g on a Lambretta as part of his initiation.

Getting out of France dressed as an Afghan schoolboy is proving harder done than said..
    shaved me bollocks an all sorts, that's gonna itch for a while. Still, I now know what the liberal dogooders are moaning about it being undignified.....
  • Mind boggles on the allsorts point.

Top tip I had from a top brass was never shave, always trim.

• Mind boggles on the allsorts point.

Top tip I had from a top brass was never shave, always trim.

Beard trimmer every time.

Ive got a mate who claims veet is good for the other side, never tried that though.. thats some deep shit.