Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• sam3110 said:

We also look to stream academy games live from The Valley when we can and did so last season which was received brilliantly by supporters, so look out for more of that this season!

Hire me to follow the under 23's all season, I'll update Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, WhatsApp, Instagram, all that jazz, all you gotta pay is the traveling fees, the data plan for the phone, a beefy emergency charger and a modest salary of 26-28k a year or so! Put a word in Olly, I'll even travel to Checkatrade games
    It was all looking good until you asked for wages!
  • Redrobo said:

sam3110 said:

We also look to stream academy games live from The Valley when we can and did so last season which was received brilliantly by supporters, so look out for more of that this season!

Hire me to follow the under 23's all season, I'll update Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, WhatsApp, Instagram, all that jazz, all you gotta pay is the traveling fees, the data plan for the phone, a beefy emergency charger and a modest salary of 26-28k a year or so! Put a word in Olly, I'll even travel to Checkatrade games
    Well I need to be compensated handsomely for having to attend Checkatrade games, especially away to Colchester on a Tuesday night in November!

I'm waiting for an inbox Olly, give the fans what they want
  • We also look to stream academy games live from The Valley when we can and did so last season which was received brilliantly by supporters, so look out for more of that this season!

Yes, that was absolutely brilliant and if that were to happen again this year it would be much appreciated.

Regarding the rest of your comments @Ollywozere, I certainly find it to be the case that by-and-large our coverage of the youth teams is quite good.
  • We also look to stream academy games live from The Valley when we can and did so last season which was received brilliantly by supporters, so look out for more of that this season!

Olly than you for the reply and explanation - The Valley stream for the academy game last season was superb by the way. I don't get to the first team games, so unfortunately I don't see the programme notes. Would it be possible to update the squad lists on the website they are still showing last years academy squads and post your programme notes from time to time?
    I fully understand about Saturday morning games where you are needed elsewhere, but the academy team always video and maybe they could help with updates? Appreciate they have enough on their plate, or even a volunteer - some on here also provide updates on occasions....
  • I hi I we need some more double barrelled players in the youth teams.

Two names for the price of one:

Hackett-Fairchild
    Aherne-grant
    Charles-cook

Mind you as my then wife insisted on Barsham-Rolfe for my son, I'll get back into my glass house and out the stones away.

Given he was born in Woolwich hospital and has supported Charlton since old enough to go to a game, but his parents are ex-mid landers and didn't know much about Charlton when he was named, he's ended up pretty Charlton. Rufus being his first name (it's not just a dogs name @rufusisadogsname)

• I hi I we need some more double barrelled players in the youth teams.

Hackett-Fairchild
    Aherne-grant
    Charles-cook

Mind you as my then wife insisted on Barsham-Rolfe for my son, I'll get back into my glass house and out the stones away.

Given he was born in Woolwich hospital and has supported Charlton since old enough to go to a game, but his parents are ex-mid landers and didn't know much about Charlton when he was named, he's ended up pretty Charlton. Rufus being his first name (it's not just a dogs name @rufusisadogsname)

Rufus Barsham-Rolfe is a pretty badass name.
  • sam3110 said:

Redrobo said:

sam3110 said:

Well I need to be compensated handsomely for having to attend Checkatrade games, especially away to Colchester on a Tuesday night in November!

I'm waiting for an inbox Olly, give the fans what they want
    Yup, fair enough. I would need a shed load to turn up at a home tie, let alone an away game.
  • I know its resources, but we don't get much content or reporting consistency on both the 23's and the 18's matches and progress - other clubs seem much more able/ willing to do this - tried to ask club before about this, but no feedback. 23's seems better but even so, no idea from the club official site on the game is always disappointing.

We report where we can. Today, as an example, was away in Leeds so there's no feasible way we can fully report on the game. We have the kitman on the phone giving us updates when possible and we will eventually receive video footage from the analyst at which point we would be able to put together a report.
    In comparison, we give fairly in-depth coverage of our home games including multi-angle highlights and minute-by-minute reports on Twitter as well as a match report soon after the final whistle.

We're never able to report the U18s live other than Youth Cup/play-offs as they play all their games on a Saturday morning and we're needed elsewhere. Again, we will put together reports based on video footage when/if we get it, otherwise it's a case of catching up with the coaches and getting reports directly from them.

There are full reports, results and an updated league table for both U18s and U23s in the matchday programme and I like to think that, compared with most other clubs, our academy coverage is fairly decent with the resources we have.

Send Katy, she's got nothing better to do.

Oh forgot she don't do aways further than Oxford.
  • seth plum said:

Nearer to me in Lee, but as I don't now have a season ticket I won't be allowed in.

You can by a season ticket for my garage and watch it from there for £300, will even chuck in a cup of tea occasionally.
    Do you do vegetarian cheese slices?
  • SDAddick said:

I hi I we need some more double barrelled players in the youth teams.

Hackett-Fairchild
    Aherne-grant
    Charles-cook

Rufus Barsham-Rolfe is a pretty badass name.
    Yeah, he's been to his first taekwondo class today and I reckon he'd better get pretty good pretty quickly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sign up the Leeds goalie? With a name like Peacock-Farrell, he'd fit right in.

Seriously, though, what will happen to the next generation? Will we be looking at the likes of Ahearne-Grant-Hackett-Fairchild?
  • Only in the forthcoming first draft of my Charlton slashfic epic, 'Strike Partners'
  • Leuth said:

Only in the forthcoming first draft of my Charlton slashfic epic, 'Strike Partners'

Have you been reading renowned sport/crime crossover writer Steve Bruce?
  • They weren't even written by Bruce apparently!
  • I believe we have the first U23 fixture at Beckenham Town today against Bolton. Does anybody know for sure, and what the kick off time is?
  • https://t.co/kmecm5aINe
    The o/s is saying it's down the Valley 2pm ko
  • Tex starts today...

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 52s53 seconds ago
    U23 starting XI | Beeney; Barnes, Teixeira, Thomas, Edwards; Dijksteel, Charles-Cook, Aribo; Ahearne-Grant, Hackett-Fairchild, Umerah. #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 29s30 seconds ago
    Subs | Mitov, Bowry, Lapslie, Kennedy, Yamfam. #cafc
  • More importantly Hackett-Fairchild getting the start his abilities demand.

Is this Lapsie's first U23 game of the season? @dickplumb @bolloxbolder ?

No Hanlan - in the 1st team squad?
  • Great to see Tex in the squad! Wish Ba were in it too (though he may be returning from injury or illness still). Also pleased RCC is starting, hope he will push for involvement with the first team at some point this season.

Henry, I expect Hanlan isn't involved as he's likely to travel to Scunthorpe tomorrow.
  • I know Phillips is part of our first team squad, and needed on Tuesday, but it must be quite hard for reserve keepers, not playing in the first team and not playing in the U23s either.

In the old days, anyone not playing in the first team would play for the "stiffs", but now Dillon may go weeks without any form of proper match action.
  • Sponsored links:

• I know Phillips is part of our first team squad, and needed on Tuesday, but it must be quite hard for reserve keepers, not playing in the first team and not playing in the U23s either.

In the old days, anyone not playing in the first team would play for the "stiffs", but now Dillon may go weeks without any form of proper match action.

Woah lets all calm down... He's got a CheckaTrade Trophy game coming up in a few weeks against Crawley

No need to spoil the lad!!
  • More importantly Hackett-Fairchild getting the start his abilities demand.

He came on as sub in the last game at the Valley.
  • dickplumb said:

More importantly Hackett-Fairchild getting the start his abilities demand.

He came on as sub in the last game at the Valley.
    I thought it was only Novak who came on as sub in the last game at the Valley? ;)

Woah lets all calm down... He's got a CheckaTrade Trophy game coming up in a few weeks against Crawley

No need to spoil the lad!!
    No need to spoil him?!?! Don't forget we need him fit and ready for our push to Wembley/a knock-out away defeat to Blackburn U-23s.

Any reason why he can't play for the U23s today and then sit on the bench for the first team tomorrow? An outfield player i'd understand as he'd be pretty tired, but keepers don't run about much and there must only be a 1% chance he'll be needed tomorrow night

Any reason why he can't play for the U23s today and then sit on the bench for the first team tomorrow? An outfield player i'd understand as he'd be pretty tired, but keepers don't run about much and there must only be a 1% chance he'll be needed tomorrow night
    The reason will be chance of injury, as opposed to fatigue

Could be they don't want to risk an injury. Minimal chance of that but he he is injured then you only have Mitov as back up.

Could be the first team is travelling today so he can't play and be on the coach.
  • No Muldoon either, with the first team or injured?
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 9m9 minutes ago
    U23S | Bolton get the action under way here at The Valley. #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 6m6 minutes ago
    2' The Addicks fire the first shot of the afternoon as Charles-Cook forces Jaaskelainen into a save at his near post. #cafc
  • Blimey! Juicy is playing!