Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• How did Kennedy play?
  • Any news on where Sam Bone is now?

I have a feeling he's left the club.
  • edited September 2016
    7-2 was the final score. Dull game really
  • Attendance was 132.
  • How did Kennedy play?

Very well I thought.
  • How did Kennedy play?

Very well I thought.
    Thank you for that, and thanks for the updates
  • Kag off injured. Gutted for him hope not too serious

New contract syndrome
  • Attendance was 132.

Not far off the Check a Trade trophy then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks for the updates.

Some one else there said KAG was sitting on the sidelines after going off so I hope no too serious.

Kennedy seems to be growing into a very effective Attacking Centre Midfielder. Shame it is too late for a loan now but maybe he'll be on the bench soon.

How good was Hacket-Field? Brilliant or just very good?

• Hackett-Fairchild showed a decent touch and turn of pace, but his goal was the giftiest gift a dodgy keeper ever gifted. And he nearly missed
  • Nice to see we are still leading on the double barreled names front!
  • Are there really two Maycocks, one on each bench?
  • Very good game, stand outs for me were Aribo, Charles- Cook, Ahearne- Grant and Kennedy. I left the ground thinking it was 6-2. But I added up the scorers and made it 7. It was that sort of game.

I hear Latrien has offered a bonus to our scout(s) if we are the first club to sign a player whose name has a double hyphen and a umlaut!

She's good. She is very good!
  • Your welcome, Lancashire. We are short of midfield players I really think that one of Aribo and Charles- Cook would not look out of place in the first team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Coventry's best player was their number 7, the same height as Munns if not shorter

I hear Latrien has offered a bonus to our scout(s) if we are the first club to sign a player whose name has a double hyphen and a umlaut!

She's good. She is very good!
    The word “umlaut” comes from one of the Brothers Grimm.
    Jacob Grimm was not only a collector of fairy tales (along with his brother Wilhelm), but also one of the most famous linguists ever. In 1819 he described a sound-change process that affected the historical development of German. He called it umlaut from um (around) + laut (sound).

Not a lot of people know that soapy.
  • dickplumb said:

Very good game, stand outs for me were Aribo, Charles- Cook, Ahearne- Grant and Kennedy. I left the ground thinking it was 6-2. But I added up the scorers and made it 7. It was that sort of game.

Agree with Dick. Aribo is a very skillful lad, not sure if he has the engine (he looks very slight) but has the talent. Charles Cook is a very tidy operator.
  • "Edwards - Not seen him play in a while. Played well when he came on. Picked up a yellow for a strong challenge, even though he won the ball. Was a bit harsh"

The yellow card actually went to RCC, who committed a foul just before the tackle by Edwards. The referee signed that is was for a cumulative number of fouls. RCC was looking particularly pi55ed off at the time...
  • Thanks for the updates everyone.

Out of curiosity, do we play a midfield diamond with Dijksteel at the base, Aribo and RCC either side, and Kennedy in the No. 10 role? I think someone has mentioned us doing that before.

Also, even though we're awash with defensive midfielders (though one lighter in our hearts with Alou Diarra leaving, RIP), does anyone think Dijksteel could make the step up this year if required? He seems to get the same rating every game: solid, doesn't give the ball away, breaks up play.
  • Yeah Dijksteel would be fine in L1 based on that
  • SDAddick said:

Thanks for the updates everyone.

Out of curiosity, do we play a midfield diamond with Dijksteel at the base, Aribo and RCC either side, and Kennedy in the No. 10 role? I think someone has mentioned us doing that before.

Also, even though we're awash with defensive midfielders (though one lighter in our hearts with Alou Diarra leaving, RIP), does anyone think Dijksteel could make the step up this year if required? He seems to get the same rating every game: solid, doesn't give the ball away, breaks up play.

Kennedy seems to given a free role. He's a smart cookie, and fills in the spaces where required. A couple of assists today, and pops up on the wings to make the extra man. Makes so much happen.

You have to really pay attention and watch Djiksteel, otherwise you might wonder what he's in the team for. But he does so much of the dirty work in a tidy, but unspectacular, way. It is probably down to the hard yards that he does, that allows Kennedy the free rein in midfield.
  • Both Kennedy and RCC made brief appearances a year ago. One year older, I imagine both will be hoping to feature, bearing in mind our lack of depth in midfield and that both are older than Konsa