Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Options
    Under curbs we never had a creative midfielder, Jones and kinsella were ball winners with reliance on Robinson and Newton to create. I'm guessing homes and harriot will provide width with the centre mids breaking up play and retaining possession without bombing forward
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    FAVADDICK said:

Redhenry said:

FAVADDICK said:

Redhenry said:

Was told talks ongoing with a midfielder. Don't know who but could be Thompson

Could it be finalised today redhenry do you know ???
    No, was told yesterday that talks are ongoing with a midfielder. Was told weeks ago that Louis was on our radar.
    Have you got any news on Jason Pearce joking at all redhenry???
    Wigan contract is an issue. Apparently they wrote big promotion increases into them last summer, which means he's set to earn a lot more than Charlton would want to pay. So I imagine they would want Teixeira out or comfort that he is going first, even if a deal can be reached.
  • Options
    We desperately need 2 strikers still
  • Options

Under curbs we never had a creative midfielder, Jones and kinsella were ball winners with reliance on Robinson and Newton to create. I'm guessing homes and harriot will provide width with the centre mids breaking up play and retaining possession without bombing forward

True but we're two divisions lower with, theoretically, a different desire: promotion. Sitting deep, breaking up play, and hitting teams on the counter won't be enough.

In the title winning season, as has been pointed out ad nauseam, we had Stephens and Hollands, both of who were good on the ball, plus Green, Wagstaff Pritchard, etc. out wide. Even then, we often struggled to break teams down at times (especially when Stephens was injured). Playing it wide and trying to get crosses in for Nowak, or playing long balls for Nowak to knock down for Ajose isn't going to be enough I don't think.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

I think we only need one more, provided Lookman stays
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

cafc4life said:

Another target man providing lookman stays
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

sam3110 said:

cafc4life said:

One that can jump and head please, God help Preston this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

CAFCsayer said:

sam3110 said:

cafc4life said:

10 goals and 15 assists this year
  • Options

FAVADDICK said:

Redhenry said:

FAVADDICK said:

Redhenry said:

Was told talks ongoing with a midfielder. Don't know who but could be Thompson

Could it be finalised today redhenry do you know ???
    No, was told yesterday that talks are ongoing with a midfielder. Was told weeks ago that Louis was on our radar.
    Have you got any news on Jason Pearce joking at all redhenry???
    Wigan contract is an issue. Apparently they wrote big promotion increases into them last summer, which means he's set to earn a lot more than Charlton would want to pay. So I imagine they would want Teixeira out or comfort that he is going first, even if a deal can be reached.
    Airman could well be right. I know Pearce was on the list and I'm pretty sure the club has had some contact but don't know any more at the moment.
  • Options

CAFCsayer said:

sam3110 said:

cafc4life said:

At least there still in the Championship
  • Options
    vff said:

Kinsella scored some cracking crucial goals from midfield & knew how to pick a pass. Brilliant player at his peak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxUaTMLaVjg
    He also had a hell of a lot of energy and was s proper box to box midfielder. We don't have anyone near that level.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Too many people see 6'7" and assume we should lump it to him and he leapsa further 3 feet in the air to power a header at goal.

Makienok needed balls to feet or chest, facing away from goal, before passing out to a winger and then waiting for the ball back in, Rotherham away style

But anyway, I agree we need another strong centre forward, though if he continues to progress like he is, Umerah is that man

You know how chants catch on I wonder if Preston will continue sarcastic wahey should he finally win a header.
  • Options

Chris Bart Williams?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCDAZ said:

Claus jensen?

Chris Bart Williams?
    I think he means 97/98.
  • Options
    Unless we're signing Jensen, Bart-Williams or Brenden O'Connell. This is not the thread !!
  • Options
    Jason Pearce will be signing tomorrow.
  • Options
    barstool said:

Jason Pearce will be signing tomorrow.

How do you know this ?????
  • Options
    News shopper reporting it's unlikely that Thompson from Norwich will be joining
  • Options
    Redhenry get on to your contacts I wonder who this new midfielder is ??
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

News shopper reporting it's unlikely that Thompson from Norwich will be joining

Remember now, you're Mr Thompson