Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fans\Supporters Football Match German Addicks v local football team

2»

Comments

• I could be tempted to play. I'm not great at football but still love playing.

Are you Roger Johnson? ;)
  • Was sent a couple of photos of the 'German Addicks shirt', a specially printed for the occassion one, very stylish.
    I see that they have 'assigned ' us the city of London coat of arms, which is slightly more stylish than the Wet Spam's 'London club'.
    The crest has: The Latin motto of the City is "Domine dirige nos", which translates as "Lord, direct (guide) us"
    I hope it is a case of "Lord God, help us" on Saturday....... we play in red and white......
  • SC Altenrheine...1 year ago
  • Looks like German addick is going to win the shirt!...... going,
  • T.C.E said:

I could be tempted to play. I'm not great at football but still love playing.

Are you Roger Johnson? ;)
    No swearing during the game please Nick :wink:
  • The match organisers have very kindly allowed me to put up a signed Patrick Bauer 2015/2016 home shirt for auction on CL, all proceeds for the Upbeats. Shirt size L.

All bids on this thread, closing on Friday 29 July at 17.00 BST. With such a worthy cause,

going, for the second time with a bid of £80.........
  • Looks as though it is your's GA.
    Hopefully, Alan can bring this along tommorow at the game.

• Looks as though it is your's GA.
    Hopefully, Alan can bring this along tommorow at the game.

Yes, I will indeed. Congratulations @GermanAddick !!
  • Who won?
  • Sponsored links:

• 1966 reversed - 4-2 to the visitors
  • Team line up, Germans in Blue.
    Team line up, After match photo,
    Teams and officials, Auction of Shirt with winner, and Alan (GHF)
    A good game of football, and a lot of enjoyment, to mark a special day in football, between 2 great footballing countries.
    Hope people enjoyed it.

That's me top right in the first photo before I put my cafc GK kit on....itchy chin in the other photo by the looks of it....

Was a great day and quite fitting the Germans won 4-2 on the anniversary of 66!

Brilliantly organised by Ken!
  • edited July 2016

I didn't realise that Hugh Dennis was German.
  • In 50 years time i'll remember exactly where I was on that evening..

• Was indeed a splendid evening, and a credit to the spirit of real football. Congratulations to the respective organisers Marc and Ken, and to the excellent hospitality of Eltham Town. Well played to all involved.

Hopefully the proposed return leg will take place in due course - not to be missed !!
  • Was a very good event. Well done to everyone. Hoping for a return leg, that would be great fun.