Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

First Fixture Sweepstake - The Draw

2»

Comments

• rina said:

SDAddick said:

se9addick said:

SDAddick said:

Swindon away, GET IN! As it looks almost certain that I'll be around for the opening weekend, it'd be great if it's Swindon away as I can say that I've been to the place where The Office was set, can then watch the football, and promptly go home.

Thanks so much for setting this all up TMA, absolutely fantastic work.

I think you're the first ever person to get excited for a trip to Swindon !

* PS I think the office was set in Slough
    What?!?! My whole life has been a lie. Nevermind then, I've been through Slough on the train, I hope I lose
    the other branch was in Swindon and some of their staff came to Slough I think
    They amalgamated the Slough & Swindon Branches, with Brent staying as manager, but Neil who was the boss at Swindon becoming area manager above Brent.
  • I know we are nearly always at home first game, but I wonder if the club have asked given the protests to be away first game?
  • Rumour on Twitter that it's Northampton at home first up. Beach balls at the ready.
  • That would be nice but let's wait and see.
  • You just know it is going to be a big let down.The ones you really would like to attend will of course be played in midweek or be on a FA Cup date.Once you have booked time off for agame the fixture will be moved to another date.
    Have a feeling Bristol Rovers away first game or Walsall away.
  • Of course, as organiser of this competition, I am in direct contact with the Football League, but I'm not going to spoil the surprise for everyone.
  • Not in the sweepstake but getting really nervous.

If we're away from Home on the Opening Day I'll miss our first game of the season due to Honeymoon.
    If we're at home on Tuesday 18th October I'll finally see a Charlton game ON my Birthday
    If we're at home on Tuesday 7th March I'll potentially miss two Charlton games as going to see Lukas Graham!!
  • Not in the sweepstake but getting really nervous.

If we're away from Home on the Opening Day I'll miss our first game of the season due to Honeymoon.
    If we're at home on Tuesday 18th October I'll finally see a Charlton game ON my Birthday
    If we're at home on Tuesday 7th March I'll potentially miss two Charlton games as going to see Lukas Graham!!

Its all gone against me!!... Missing the game against Northampton!! :(
  • edited June 2016
    @sam3110 wins! Congratulations.
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

Thanks! Like I said, happy that I won, but Jesus Christ is there ever was a first game that just sums up how shite it is to be back at this level, then Bury away just about tops it

The good thing is none of the months look overly difficult
  • @CostaFortune wins consolation prize for last fixture v Swindon Town at home.

I'll inbox winners.
  • southend away on new years eve is a bit of a shitter

and probably our 2 biggest away games of the season within 2 weeks of each other is a bit crap.

and probably our 2 biggest away games of the season within 2 weeks of each other is a bit crap.

If you know anyone with a decent sized boat it could turn out to be an epic day!
  • Well done Sam3110

Oldham and Shrewsbury?
  • sam3110 said:

Thanks! Like I said, happy that I won, but Jesus Christ is there ever was a first game that just sums up how shite it is to be back at this level, then Bury away just about tops it

Well done - on the plus side you get a great pie in Bury Market
  • sam3110 said:

More like to be burying our head in our hands rather than eating pies.
  • sam3110 said:

More like to be burying our head in our hands rather than eating pies.
    Like the play on words - can see the match report headline already. Do you think the term Cobblers might apply to the home team as well as the opponents on the first home match?
  • Sponsored links:

• I've received an email from Carl Krauhaus from the Charlton Athletic Community Trust who has thanked Charlton Lifers for their continued support of The Upbeats. We managed to raise £495 plus gift aid, so thanks everyone for their support.

Also, thanks to @CostaFortune who donated his last fixture prize of £25 to The Upbeats (i've only just remembered to put this money to the JustGiving page - https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/charltonlife-sweepstake2016).