Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Options

It was designed to make clubs give youngsters more opportunities instead of bringing in stop gaps.

So...you're saying that Roland is a visionary...hmmm :wink:
  • Options
    Bristol City’s Kieran Agard has been linked with a move to recently relegated Charlton Athletic, according to sources in South London via the Bristol Post.

In what has already been a busy summer for the Addicks, it is apparent that Russell Slade is keen on strengthening Charlton’s attacking options.

Following Northampton Town’s Ricky Holmes and former Birmingham City striker Lee Novak joining Charlton and a deal being agreed for Swindon Town’s Nicky Ajose, Charlton have now been linked with Kieran Agard.

The former Rotherham United striker only made two appearances for Bristol City last season, and reports suggest that Lee Johnson is willing to listen to offers for the 26 year old striker.

As news filters through that Agard is available, a number of League 1 sides will surely be interested in signing the striker.

Agard’s reputation remains intact after his prolific season for Rotherham United in League 1 fired the Millers to promotion.

It is clear that Russell Slade and Charlton Atheltic are attempting to show a statement of intent with the transfer business they have carried out so far, and they are quickly becoming one of the favourites to bounce back up.
  • Options
    Interesting if were attempting to sign both Ajose and Agard now, especially as I read the other day that we'd only sign one or the other
  • Options
    Would surely mean lookmans definitely going though?
  • Options
    Really rate Agard. I'd probably have him over Ajose if it was one or the other.
  • Options

As sure as night folows day.
  • Options

I think Lookman is gone regardless of who does or doesn't come in. They are purely getting players in to soften the sting in the tail that's coming. In a few weeks it will BAU and a lies about why we only got pittance for them.
  • Options
    How much are we likely to get for JBG/how much is he worth? Now that the premier league money has ratcheted up to beyond ridiculous, surely we should be looking at an inflated price? He has 3/4 years left on his contract doesn't he?
  • Options

Nothing to add other than the fact that a couple of us convinced a particularly drunk and annoying Charlton fan who latched onto us in the pub last night, that we'd signed Eammon Holmes and Novak Djokovic.

Can't have been me, wasn't in town.
  • Options
    Reckon Agard would be available for about 300k. Very good in league 1 but poor in the Championship.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I doubt we've turned down 2 mill, told he has to be sold because of his salary. This won't help his sell on value.
  • Options
    I don't think he's worth more than £2 million. If that.
  • Options
    Agard has only been mentioned as an alternative to Novak. More than likely won't happen now.
  • Options
    JBG will go for €3-4m to a European club
  • Options
    Personally think £2m - £2.3m is about right for JBG.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

How much are we likely to get for JBG/how much is he worth? Now that the premier league money has ratcheted up to beyond ridiculous, surely we should be looking at an inflated price? He has 3/4 years left on his contract doesn't he?

Problem is I doudt a prem side will come in for him ,,, best he can hope for is Leeds or Wolves who have both been linked with him , my guess he will go back abroad.
    We turned down 2 mill so hopefully we can hold out for a deal worth 4/5 mill that figure I would suggest will include add ons .
    £4/£5m - no chance Colin. Be nice but I just can't see him commanding that sort of fee.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

JBG will go for €3-4m to a European club

No chance.

European Clubs dont have the beauty of the television money that English clubs do... Only way we'll get a good figure is if he goes to the Championship
  • Options
    cant see him getting many premiership starts. He has a decent amount of quality but hasn't shown enough for us ( not his fault) or for Iceland (great assist, sometimes looked behind the pace admittedly against better than premiership). I'd e surprised if a real championship challenger wasn't in for him after the Euros and maybe a premiership also ran for the bench.
  • Options
    1.5 - 2 million tops
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Agard has only been mentioned as an alternative to Novak. More than likely won't happen now.

Thought alternative to Ajose.
  • Options
    That was my reading of it, Agard second choice to Ajose.
  • Options
    Ajose and Agard are different sorts of player though aren't they? Can't understand why Agard would be the alternative
  • Options
    Think they're similar. Nippy forward types.
  • Options
    Charlton also held talks with Bristol Citys Kieran Agard incase Novak deal Fell through. A case of Agard or Novak, but couldn't afford both.

Original tweet, definitely alternative to Novak.
  • Options
    On loan?