Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++Thank you to all CAFC supporters+++

Comments

• Options
    Echo what everybody else has said. Thankyou Peter.

I know you'll be back next season (you wouldn't want to miss out on your free season ticket would you?).
  • Options
    Peter, all the very best with whatever you decide to do. I have been very fortunate to know you and over the years you have given me and my family some fantastic memories with your generosity. The club will be poorer without you and I was so pleased to hear the Upper North pay tribute to you yesterday...you deserved no less than that. Good Luck.
  • Options
    Peter Varneys Red and White Army
  • Options
    Thanks for everything.
  • Options
    If it wasnt for people such as yourself Peter there would not be a CAFC at all.

Thank you.
  • Options
    I can only add my thanks to you as well. Thanks for the good times with the Vets, thanks for the kindness shown to Bill and me at away games, especially a couple of years ago at Anfield and thanks for educating me on how a football club is run at a private lunch some years ago. Finally thanks for bringing our club into the 21st century. Good luck.

John Window
  • Options
    People like you Mr Varney have made Charlton the club they are today, for that you should be immensely proud.

Thanks
  • Options
    Thank you for all your efforts. Can't wait to read the book!
  • Options
    Top man who's helped make us a top club. After yesterday I can't wait for next season. Good luck Peter.
  • Options
    Well done on all your hard work and endeavour over the years you are clearly Charlton through and through. Enjoy your break come and join us for a beer on long god forsaken away trip and above all else live love laugh and be happy!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Varney is a Lifer, ye-yeah, yeah, yeah!"
  • Options
    Although we might be on the other side of the world we to were singing yours and powells names to. Thanks
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

The two tiered Covered End stands as a tangible legacy to your efforts on our behalves over the years.

Thank you.

Spot on. Reg Peter, you can look around The Valley with pride and the thanks of every real Charlton fan. Enjoy the break, and best of luck with your future ventures - I hope you're not completely lost to football yet!
  • Options
    Good luck mate..... Thanks for all youve done...... good luck in the future....
  • Options
    All the best from the McMoist family. Good luck with what you decide to do in the future. Have a break...Have a Kit Kat
  • Options
    From one Peter to another, best wishes for the future, and thanks for your tremendous efforts over the past few years. We all hope that you find something that you will enjoy doing, but continue to be a Charlton Supporter. Good luck and thanks.
  • Options
    I echo others sentiments on this thread.

Thnks for helping make me see the good times that I thought I would never see. Thanks for your dedication to the cause. Thanks for staying when you could have gone. Thanks for making the Club what it is today.

Oh and a final thanks for those play off tickets - enjoy some well earned rest and I'm sure we'll all see you next season.

And stop calling me John ;-)
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited May 2008
    Thanks Peter.

Best memory of you will be shepherding the fans up at Boro airport.

Definately one of us.

(PS, i bet you're glad to get that PA off your back as well...)
  • Options
    not alot more I could add that hasn't already been said.

a top man and a charlton man.
  • Options
    Good luck Peter!you are a top man!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2008
    Thank you so much Peter, without you the club wouldn't be where it is today. I look forward to seeing you back at the valley, as a full time supporter.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    Thank you Peter , I hope you and your family enjoy some quality time together before you re-enter the fray!
  • Options
    Thank you Peter, your hard work and dedication have been a vital part of our clubs success, enjoy some well deserved time rest.
  • Options
    Thanks Peter for all you have done for Charlton - now get that bus out and have an enjoyable rest.
  • Options
    Peter Varney's Red and White Army!
  • Options
    I'd like to add my thanks too - you did a marvellous job and have left big shoes to fill. It was a pleasure to meet you the couple of times our paths crossed.
  • Options
    Thank you Peter - did someone mention a book - can't wait.
  • Options
    what other club would have a (now former) chairman thank the fans on a website.

Amazing.

Cant add much to what has already been said except thank you and good luck.

Beer (or rum and coke) is still on me!
  • Options
    Top man Peter thank you for everything.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Peter, I first met you at the return to The Valley game and you sat behind me for the first 6 years before you took the job at the club. Since then so many thinks have changed. The only thing not to, is you, you are and will always be a Top Bloke, who will help anyone without thinking what's in it for me.