Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Going over to clap the fans...

... and you get struck in the face by a coin.

Disgusting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35622940

Comments

• Phew. Thought that was going to be about us.
  • Total idiot however its what 1 fan out of about 4,000?
  • Uboat said:

Phew. Thought that was going to be about us.

Yep, our lot went over to he fans today and were struck by resignation and incredulation on the faces of the travelling support!
  • One idiot in a crowd off 3,000+ a disgrace to the West brom fans and the club! Should be banned ! Brunt was about to give his shirt to a young fan as he was struck by the coin but credit to Brunt for still giving it to the young supporter after he's anger at the coin throwing fan!
  • One of our "fans" today was literally punching the players tunnel as they were going in. Potentially Worse as he had no idea who was on the receiving end!
  • jamescafc said:

One of our "fans" today was literally punching the players tunnel as they were going in. Potentially Worse as he had no idea who was on the receiving end!

I wonder if that was the kid who kept storming over there only to be moved by the stewards every time. He was so desperate to get there, he was so angry, so full of rage and frustration.
  • How much was it?
  • What a cowardly pea brained thing to do.
    Worse still to one of your own who has served the club for years.
    There seems to be an element of these lumpen goons at all clubs these days
  • Sponsored links:

There actually seems to have been a few idiots there, who didn't like him taking issue with being coined
  • Looks like Chelsea fans were throwing stuff on the pitch after man city scored as well.
  • What a way to treat a guy who has played 300 games for you in 8 years.

Effing coward. hiding behind pissed up supporters.

• jamescafc said:

One of our "fans" today was literally punching the players tunnel as they were going in. Potentially Worse as he had no idea who was on the receiving end!

Maybe he is the fan who was apparently asked outside for some fisty cuffs by Jonnie Jackson?
  • The alleged thrower is the young lad in the background to the right, blue cap, aquascutum scarf, video of him on Twitter being taken to task by other Albion fans
  • edited February 2016
    The kid at the back in the khaki jacket and lovely bit of bling looks like he's time warped out of 1990
  • Disgusting and disgracful
  • edited February 2016
    Good shot.

The picture is funny. Half are shouting abuse (The kid with the awful hair at the front is the most humorous, watch him on the video) and half want his shirt!
  • Bottom right of the pic, cracking pair.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wankers, not a flask or blanket , to be seen !

By the time I got some change from the zipped up section of my pencil case, the fecking ground would be empty !
  • jamescafc said:

Maybe he is the fan who was apparently asked outside for some fisty cuffs by Jonnie Jackson?
    Is this covered on another thread?!
  • jamescafc said:

No mate, I saw it on Facebook (hence the apparently)

• jamescafc said:

It doesn't need an apparently unfortunately!
  • Agree, but media reaction is WAY WAY over the top. The dark days of the 70's are back, put fences up put netting up, close down ends, he could have been killed !!! Horror shock more Horror.

One stupid twat does something and the reaction is ridiculous, ok compounded by a couple of other idiots at Chelsea. The CCTV will almost certainly find them, and 3 or 4 people out of hundreds of thousands who went to a game Saturday will be sorted out. Hardly warrants the Media attention. There,s a lot worse going on in our country, how many immigrants committed a crime on Saturday, far worse than coin throwing ? If the media then turned on all immigrants making out it was an issue that relates to them all, there would be shouts of RACISM and disgust. So, let's keep it in proportion, !

There was a clip of the referee and lino picking up coins at Stamford Bridge. The nearby supporters jumped up and shouted at them, gesticulating as if to say "but they were celebrating in front of us, what do you expect!?" which is the bit that irritates me the most. There's a mentality with some supporters that they have a right to act like rabid dogs, cos, you know, it's football. And that contingent is far more than a handful.

There actually seems to have been a few idiots there, who didn't like him taking issue with being coined
    So, the police have got a good picture there. Shouldn't take 'em long to get him. Idiot.
  • jamescafc said:

Care to elaborate? Had to take myself off the facebook group.
  • Aggro was pretty normal in the 70s - you just accepted it. Some of the behaviour was vile and there was plenty of racist chants.
    The world has changed and there are far less knobheads in the crowd.
  • jamescafc said:

Care to elaborate? Had to take myself off the facebook group.
    Yeah, news to me as well - what happened here then?
  • Aggro was pretty normal in the 70s - you just accepted it. Some of the behaviour was vile and there was plenty of racist chants.
    The world has changed and there are far less knobheads in the crowd.

You are right, there was trouble at almost every game back then in the 70's and early to mid 80's. Introduction of all seater stadiums helped to quell that but has, in my opinion wrecked the atmosphere at matches. There isn't one intimidating atmosphere in English football now whereas back then there were loads.