Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• thats about the only thing this mob havent done i think our ticket prices are very fair.
  • Surely they need to pay for the new stand somehow?

It's ironic that the fans are complaining about ticket prices yet for every game you can get in via an online 'tout' for multiples of the face value of the ticket. What that says to me is that there are people willing to come to games and pay a premium if there were more seats available. The club spend millions and millions of pounds providing more seats and then when whey the set the price that takes into account the cost of ground development the fans complain.

I bet they won't threaten to walk out when Klopp is given a £50m transfer budget either?
  • Liverpool chief executive Ian Ayre highlighted the freeze or decrease in 64% of season ticket prices and 45% of matchday tickets.
  • I wonder if the stewards took their banner away?
  • edited February 2016
    MrOneLung said:

Liverpool chief executive Ian Ayre highlighted the freeze or decrease in 64% of season ticket prices and 45% of matchday tickets.

I keep reading this too. Now I know it's the club's PR stance, so take it with a pinch of salt. But does anyone have any better insight into which ticket rises exactly the supports are unhappy with?

Also, don't think that the ridiculous rise in TV money will see a decrease in ticket prices, quite the opposite. In the mind of owners this is simple supply and demand, and given how much people are willing to pay worldwide, they will see themselves as having a more desirable product and will raise prices.

I do not agree with this, but this is the fallout from selling the league to Murdoch 25 years ago. Something I remain baffled by is the medium to long term fiscal stability of clubs in the top two, maybe even top three divisions in England (ourselves included). The amount of debt is ridiculous, and I'm struggling to think of any medium to smaller top two tier club that has invested prudently and gotten themselves out of a large debt hole. Fortunately, nothing bad has ever happened when entities are overburdened by debt...
  • Until the Rotherham game, I would have proposed we walked out in the 44th minute to avoid the goal we always concede then!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2016
    Most of their fans leave in the 77th minute to get their trains back to London anyway.
  • Perhaps we could learn from this and all walk out to the toilet at 30mins. That will annoy some of the reputedly older customers who are not on board with the protests as they are likely to make regular trips there during a match.
  • Didn't Liverpool fans help to get rid of Gillette and Hicks, their hated owners, a few years ago? If so perhaps we can learn something from them.
  • Perhaps we could learn from this and all walk out to the toilet at 30mins. That will annoy some of the reputedly older customers who are not on board with the protests as they are likely to make regular trips there during a match.

What about oldies like me who fully support the protests young man? The menopause does a number of things (but that's for a new post). Tena lady for Saturday it is then ....
    I will let you into a secret.....I am not a young man :-) Enjoy Saturday
  • They usually leave at that time to steal hub caps.
  • MrOneLung said:

Liverpool chief executive Ian Ayre highlighted the freeze or decrease in 64% of season ticket prices and 45% of matchday tickets.

It seems the top 'Tier 1' prices (increased from £59 to £175) were published in a programme, then, when fans complained, they stopped publishing the prices and called them "hospitality"
  • I'm Surprised the Centenary stand seats are going up as well, as that stand is pretty cramped

To be fair to Liverpool, by not qualifying for Europe this season, they'll save the supporters loads of money next season...
  • I'm Surprised the Centenary stand seats are going up as well, as that stand is pretty cramped

To be fair to Liverpool, by not qualifying for Europe this season, they'll save the supporters loads of money next season...

They'll rechristen it "The Cemetary Stand " ....

• Sponsored links:

• All Premiership clubs should be thinking of reducing prices for fans in view of the huge avalanche of money coming their way next season.

So in effect people who watch on TV (many of whom can't get tickets) should be subsidising season ticket holders at Anfield and the usual touts?

I'm not sure on this one.
  • IA said:

All Premiership clubs should be thinking of reducing prices for fans in view of the huge avalanche of money coming their way next season.

So in effect people who watch on TV (many of whom can't get tickets) should be subsidising season ticket holders at Anfield and the usual touts?

Nor am I. I'm also not sure how it works when the seats all sell out for every game and touts are able to sell them at well above face value. Make them cheaper and they only increase the touts margin. Also if the prices are fixed too low clubs like Liverpool wont be able to justify building bigger stands and the fans will be left to watch it on the tele which costs, probably, more than an actual ticket based on the Sky subscription and how many times they are on the tele each year.

If they really want prices to reduce then they should convince the players earning £100,000 plus a week to accept something that only makes them very, very rich. Say £50,000 a week, which is, after all, more than £1.25m a year after tax. £5m on one four year contract. Anyone that can't make ends meet based on that sort of money should never be trusted with any more!
  • IA said:

All Premiership clubs should be thinking of reducing prices for fans in view of the huge avalanche of money coming their way next season.

Nor am I. I'm also not sure how it works when the seats all sell out for every game and touts are able to sell them at well above face value. Make them cheaper and they only increase the touts margin. Also if the prices are fixed too low clubs like Liverpool wont be able to justify building bigger stands and the fans will be left to watch it on the tele which costs, probably, more than an actual ticket based on the Sky subscription and how many times they are on the tele each year.

If they really want prices to reduce then they should convince the players earning £100,000 plus a week to accept something that only makes them very, very rich. Say £50,000 a week, which is, after all, more than £1.25m a year after tax. £5m on one four year contract. Anyone that can't make ends meet based on that sort of money should never be trusted with any more!
    I'm not sure that would work for a club like Liverpool. You could perhaps convince a player to stay on a lower wage because your club is a big prestigious club with decent fans, in a desirable city, that wins trophies, plays in the Champions League and has other world class talent. But small Liverpool with bin-dipping followers and couldn't win a prize in a tombola? Dream on.
  • Fiiish said:

IA said:

I'm not sure that would work for a club like Liverpool. You could perhaps convince a player to stay on a lower wage because your club is a big prestigious club with decent fans, in a desirable city, that wins trophies, plays in the Champions League and has other world class talent. But small Liverpool with bin-dipping followers and couldn't win a prize in a tombola? Dream on.
    Indeed. I was being facetious.
  • Upper tier of their new stand has a great view too. If you're wondering why there's a strange shaped roof behind the goal, it's because they had to cut a section out (the same at the kop roof as well) so people could see the goal! Probably the worst built stand this century! :smiley:

• Upper tier of their new stand has a great view too. If you're wondering why there's a strange shaped roof behind the goal, it's because they had to cut a section out (the same at the kop roof as well) so people could see the goal! Probably the worst built stand this century! :smiley:

What are these pictures from?
  • IA said:

Upper tier of their new stand has a great view too. If you're wondering why there's a strange shaped roof behind the goal, it's because they had to cut a section out (the same at the kop roof as well) so people could see the goal! Probably the worst built stand this century! :smiley:

What are these pictures from?
    Anfield
  • Their seat viewer!

You shouldn't build last the touch lines if your using goal post roof supports. Unless you're smart like Rangers.

It’s ironic that the new stand roof is made of glass (as you can see form the shadow cast on the pitch) but the stand behind the goal isn’t.

I recommend two ways round this, Liverpool buy Danny Green and get him to whip the ball in early before he reaches the penalty area (which he used to do for no apparent reason whilst playing for Charlton) so no one misses out on the action.

Or get a club official to watch the game from the roof and put on a puppet show involving Action Men and a ping pong ball re-enacting what is happening on the pitch whenever play disappears under the Anfield Road stand roof.

• Why bother with a roof, the bin dippers could use a good shower.