Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kenny Sansom

I've got the TV on this morning and flicked onto Jeremy Kyle (I don't usually watch it).
It was a special on Kenny Sansom and his alcohol addiction. It's such a shame to see how far one of my childhood heroes has fallen. I sincerely hope he recovers from his demons. He seems to be doing well since the show.

Comments

• I've got the TV on this morning and flicked onto Jeremy Kyle (I don't usually watch it).
    It was a special on Kenny Sansom and his alcohol addiction. It's such a shame to see how far one of my childhood heroes has fallen. I sincerely hope he recovers from his demons. He seems to be doing well since the show.

On Twitter he says he's still clean. Addiction is an awful thing.
  • His story has been doing the rounds for a long time, 5Live did a 'special' on this months ago. It's a salutary lesson how a well paid, famous and respected man can fall into the gutter very easily, familiar stories of booze and betting, probably the other B, birds played a part as well. How fleeting fame and fortune can be.
    Let's hope that his example is a deterrent to others in danger of a similar fall and that Sansom personally stays on the straight side
  • You can't get any lower than being on the Jeremy Kyle show!
  • His story has been doing the rounds for a long time, 5Live did a 'special' on this months ago. It's a salutary lesson how a well paid, famous and respected man can fall into the gutter very easily, familiar stories of booze and betting, probably the other B, birds played a part as well. How fleeting fame and fortune can be.
    Let's hope that his example is a deterrent to others in danger of a similar fall and that Sansom personally stays on the straight side

And while he was well paid by our standards, by modern day footballer standards he got paid a pittance. It's not as if he could afford to blow vast amounts, and still have millions in the bank
  • I take that back Jack no wonder he found booze!
  • Bit of a gambler as well.

So the story goes when Sansom left palice to go to Arsenal, he got bailed out after losing a lot of dough with the bookies. Fantastic footballer and a shame.

He has lived in the Bromley for a number of years, see him every now and then.
  • Wasn't he sleeping on park benches about a year ago.
  • Yup. Was living above the Tamasha ruby house in Bromley.
  • Sponsored links:

So the story goes when Sansom left palice to go to Arsenal, he got bailed out after losing a lot of dough with the bookies. Fantastic footballer and a shame.

I have seen him in The Bugle, drinking pints & feeding the fruit machine.
  • Interviewing him tomorrow for my dissertation. Had an hour conversation with him on the phone about a lot of things already and I can confirm what a top bloke he is.

He's also a very honest man, who was clearly desperate for help and has managed to get exactly that. He has just come out of Rehab and is now working in helping others who have a similar problem to what he had.
  • Gotta respect people that face the Demon and fight back

Addiction is shit it's a complete cnut

But I don't ever have sympathy for those that are not strong enough to fight it

My sympathy lies with the person who fights it every day and successfully stays clean, not the coward who gets beaten by the thing
  • His brother used to manage a sunday side I played for years ago.
  • Know him well through his daughter Katie, he's an absolute bellend.

About six years ago I was in Barclays in Bromley at about 2pm. I'm standing in the queue and he walks past me absolutely slaughtered.

Apparantly does a good Norman Wisdom impression.
  • Yup. Was living above the Tamasha ruby house in Bromley.

Apparantly had a spell in the Travelodge in Bromley.

About six years ago I was in Barclays in Bromley at about 2pm. I'm standing in the queue and he walks past me absolutely slaughtered.

Apparantly does a good Norman Wisdom impression.
    Not as good as Peter Taylor's I'll wager.
  • Know him well through his daughter Katie, he's an absolute bellend.

....?
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't see him winning this one - like Gazza seems destined for an early grave.
  • Clearly doesn't want to help himself if he checked out of the clinic after just a few days so this isn't going to end well.
  • Alcoholism is a lot deeper than assuming that the person should just man up and get over it. There is no magic on/off switch unfortunately

This
  • Good news, great to see Kenny looking well. 
  • Some good news is always welcome, fingers crossed for him.
  • Quite an achievement by Kenny. Good luck to him.
  • Thats amazing news, looks much better now
  • So glad to see that he's on the road back, welcome back from hell Kenny and well done.  Stay strong