Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Monday Quiz - Connections

Three fairly tough questions, I fancy......no prize money but lots of glory, of course....

1. In what way are Marvin Sordell and David Mooney our numbers 1 and 2?
2. What links Marcus Bent, Cyril Davies, Dennis Edwards, Bobby Hunt, Robert Lee and Leighton Phillips?
3. What connects Paul Benson, Danny Green, Bradley Pritchard, Eddie Marsh and John Sewell?

Comments

• 3. I'll guess Chris Powell as he managed the first three and started out at Crystal Palace where Sewell certainly ended up and Marsh may have done.
  • 1. Highest scoring loan players?
  • LenGlover said:

3. I'll guess Chris Powell as he managed the first three and started out at Crystal Palace where Sewell certainly ended up and Marsh may have done.

I think Eddie Marsh stopped playing in about 1959 to be replaced by Willie Duff. Not the right answer, I'm afraid.
  • edited November 2015
    LenGlover said:

1. Highest scoring loan players?

Correct. SuperMarv with 7 and Mooney with 5.
  • 2 - non league players ?
  • MrOneLung said:

2 - non league players ?

Nope.
  • 3.They all worked in other jobs during some or all of their time at Charlton?

I know Benson was (is) an accountant and Pritchard was our analyst I believe.
  • 2- All had a namesake who played for us?
  • 2- All had a namesake who played for us?</blockquote

Very impressive - almost there......one more thing to add

• LenGlover said:

3.They all worked in other jobs during some or all of their time at Charlton?

I know Benson was (is) an accountant and Pritchard was our analyst I believe.

Not to my knowledge but you may, of course, be right.
  • Sponsored links:

• 2- All had a namesake who played for us?

Whilst at the Club?
  • LenGlover said:

2- All had a namesake who played for us?

Whilst at the Club?
    2- All had a namesake who played for us whilst at the Club

@happyvalley carved out the opening and @LenGlover tapped home the rebound
  • 1. The funniest shaped heads of any Charlton players
    2. All have Es, Is or Os in their names, and were so effective that whenever they played, we'd sing 'EIEIEIO up the football league we go'.
    3. Part time jobs as art/theatre critics.
  • LenGlover said:

Didn't Bartlett score quite a few as a loan player?
  • MrLargo said:

LenGlover said:

Didn't Bartlett score quite a few as a loan player?
    That's a good point. I am not sure. Maybe, Messrs Sordell and Mooney are the highest for those who only played for Charlton as a loanee.
  • Still one to solve:

3. What connects Paul Benson, Danny Green, Bradley Pritchard, Eddie Marsh and John Sewell?

There are lots & lots & lots of clues I could give you but I won't. Sometimes a clue hampers and confuses.
  • Is there a Dagenham connection?
  • I've no idea what the answer is, but according to Wiki, Eddie Marsh was only 5 foot 6! Was he (a goalkeeper) really that small?
  • LenGlover said:

Is there a Dagenham connection?

Partly...... & Redbridge, of course.

Now, I'm giving it away nearly. Or, perhaps, this clue 'ampers and confuses as well.
  • All signed from clubs with a & in the name?
  • Sponsored links:

• IA said:

All signed from clubs with a & in the name?

Correct, Sir.
  • 1. In what way are Marvin Sordell and David Mooney our numbers 1 and 2? Highest scoring loanees that were never permanent signings
    2. What links Marcus Bent, Cyril Davies, Dennis Edwards, Bobby Hunt, Robert Lee and Leighton Phillips? Played at the Club at the same time as another player with the same surname
    3. What connects Paul Benson, Danny Green, Bradley Pritchard, Eddie Marsh and John Sewell? Signed from a club with an ampersand in their name (Dag & Red, Dag & Red, Hayes & Yeading, Erith & Belvedere, Bexleyheath & Welling)
  • 2. - they've all been tasered at some point?
  • Jeppson scored 9 goals while with us. Are you not counting him as a loan?

Players with two consecutive consonants in their surname were, of course, excluded.

Players with two consecutive consonants in their surname were, of course, excluded.
    Then why is Sordell included?

Should be Mooney #1 ;-)
  • IA said:

Jeppson scored 9 goals while with us. Are you not counting him as a loan?

Then why is Sordell included?

Should be Mooney #1 ;-)
    Because the consonants are the last two letters of his name, of course.
  • Great questions Thai