Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Caption Competition

New manager Jimmy Seed and new owner Stanley Gliksten at the Valley in 1933. From @JamesMSeed twitter site

Comments

• bobmunro said:

What? That stand is going to be named after me?

Winner
  • "...and I want the big screen over there, in the corner..."
  • "That wall over there, that's where everyone will have a piss after the game"
  • edited October 2015
    I know, I know, you have no knowledge of English football and you are completely unqualified for the job but listen, you are cheap, you never disagree with me, you are from Belgium and let's face it, you'll be sacked within 3 months anyway..

Goals? Oh right..

That's those rectangular wooden structures covered by netting you can see over there..
  • "Look!! apart from the 2 behind us, there's another supporter overthere!!!"
  • the pocket billiards team are over there boss !
  • Sponsored links:

• Mr Glicksten was so good at pocket billiards that he could successfully hit a biscuit strategically placed 175 yards away.
  • Yes the pitch is great. That Belgian over there on the tractor funded it (hence more the wan**r sign than a point)
  • And over there somewhere is where Nicky Bailey's penalty landed.
  • There used to be a football club over there.
  • I think the programme sellers are down there somewhere, but to be honest I ain't go a scooby what the stupid Doris has done with em this week.
  • The Belgian girl guide wants her cheerleaders over there
  • Seed slyly gives the finger to Belgian posse floating overhead in airship.
  • SG: "why is your finger brown?"

JS: "bang, right in the shitter!"

• JS busts a hybrid rendition of the Nazi 'bird' salute while SG is shown wearing the earliest recorded pair of Simon Cowell 'tit strides'.
  • I think we'll call that one the South Stand
  • Sponsored links:

• There's that bloody Henry bloke, careful boss, he's already trying to get the lads behind us to build some bloomin' museum
  • Just how the famous phrase came about

JS: Thats a goal right over there Stan

SG: Thanks Colin!!
  • and in that corner over there I would like a settee....
  • not a caption - but isn't that an odd way of pointing?
  • Over there is where I used to feed the ponies.
  • Yes, over there on the centre spot. It's a new marketing idea that some young thing has thought up.
  • Yes, over there on the centre spot. It's a new marketing idea that some young thing has thought up.

"We'll get two young people, a male and a female to hold hands together"
    "Disgusting! We're a family club."
  • Oakster said:

not a caption - but isn't that an odd way of pointing?

When I read that I had to recreate it and you're right, very odd. Maybe that is how people pointed in the old days.
  • I see no ships ahead ... only bleedin' hardships