Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roeder plans swap deal for Bent

WSSWSS
edited December 2006 in Rumours
Daily Mail:

Newcastle United have asked Charlton to let them know if they decide to sell Darren Bent in January and are prepared to offer James Milner and Steve Carr in part-exchange.

St James’ Park manager Glenn Roeder has made £10 million-rated Bent his priority with Michael Owen and Shola Ameobi set to miss the majority of the season and Albert Luque getting ready to return to Spain on loan.

Chairman Freddy Shepherd is reluctant to spend another large sum after investing more than £40m on Owen, Luque, Damien Duff and Obafemi Martins in the last 18 months. Bottom club Charlton are reluctant to sell Bent in the transfer window if they feel they have a chance of staying in the Premiership but know he wants to move to a bigger club.

Roeder is also keeping tabs on Bolton striker Kevin Davies. Talks over a new three-year deal have stalled, with manager Sam Allardyce refusing to get anywhere near Davies’ request to be paid £30,000 a week.

Bolton have resurrected Davies’ career but the player does not want to be taken for granted.

Comments

• Stephen Carr. F me, things are bad....

A no story to me. You don't sell you're best player in a relegation scrap to a rival. Bent will go on at some stage, but it won't be to a Newcastle.
  • No way. Absolutely no f***ing way! (Excuse the language, but my blood pressure has just hit the roof again). I've backed the board to the hilt so far but if they sell Darren Bent to Newcastle, I think I may be forced to join the "sack the board" contingent. It's bad enough that we may have to sell Bent in January, but to one of the few clubs that we have some hope of overhauling? It's bonkers!

Come to think of it, didn't Newcastle do something similar to us with Robert Lee? Although in that case it was promotion rather than relegation
  • I reckon they still owe us about £2 million for Robert Lee..

..the robbing bastards.
  • Freddy Shepherd using the press to tap-up again. Shock, horror. Back to your whores, Freddy.
  • he can f*** off to be fair
  • Actually, here's a thought. If it was a Bent - Parker swap, would you be in favour then?
  • edited December 2006
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Actually, here's a thought. If it was a Bent - Parker swap, would you be in favour then?

That's a good question Ali- Isn't going to happen tho-

I can feel a poll coming on- especially regarding the effects it might have on our premiership survival
  • like bent would go to that dross