Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gary Sargeant, Gary Sargeant - No More

Gary Sargeant + Company is now SARGEANT PARTNERSHIP

Same firm but new name.

For those under 30 or just wondering "WTF?" it was a radio thing

Comments

• Under 30. Remember the jingle clear as day from Talksport's cricket coverage
  • RTM (Radio Thamesmead) as it was known back then. What's it called these days? Is it still Millennium Radio?
  • Call Me A Taxi.

"You're a Taxi!"

Vic from Charlton.

Dave from Thamesmead.

Happy Sunday evenings they were.
  • When you've got your tax return, then there's one name you should learn, Gary Sargeant, Gary Sargeant.......
  • Gary Sargeant + Company is now SARGEANT PARTNERSHIP

Same firm but new name.

For those under 30 or just wondering "WTF?" it was a radio thing

What's "radio"?
  • edited October 2015
    So you've got your tax return, there's one name you should learn...
  • Whats a Tax Return?
  • When you've got your tax return, then there's one name you should learn, Gary Sargeant, Gary Sargeant.......

For friendly clear advice, at a very friendly price, Gary Sargeant, Gary Sargeant.....
  • So you've got your tax return, there's one name you should learn...

Gary Barlow?
  • So you've got your tax return there's one name you should learn.......
  • Sponsored links:

• Garr-rry Sargeant. Has the Drain Doctor floated on the stock market yet?
  • T.C.E said:

Whats a Tax Return?

Ask Harry.
  • T.C.E said:

Whats a Tax Return?

Ask Harry.
    Point of order, to get a tax return, you've had to pay tax in the first place.
  • I don't even remember how we got on to the topic, but a couple of weeks ago a girl at work, when I mentioned Charlton said 'my friend used to go there as she worked for this firm called Gary Seargent' I then said 'oh, they had this really catchy jingle on local radio' she had no idea what I was talking about obviously but I had the jingle in my head for the rest of the day!
  • Had lunch with Gary last week. Played golf with him and Graham Stuart many years ago. Top fella.
  • Remember the sponsors dinner from a few years ago. It was the year that we as in CL sponsored JonJo. Gary and his wife were on our table and as we'd had a few, an impromptu singalong to the Gary Sargeant signature tune seemed appropriate. I think he was impressed that we remembered the words. A top bloke and an enjoyable evening ....
  • Worked with Gary half a lifetime ago but he didn't keep me on the staff when he had the chance, no hard feelings tho, his office was in Swanley which would've been a right come down from Chislehurst.
    RTM/Millenium Radio, oh the nostalgia, away game commentary by 90's mobile phone.
    Dear old Tudor Jones's (RIP) Welling United match reports were the absolute highlight of my non-match Saturday radio listening back then, I couldn't imagine the dedication required to schlepp around the country watching lousy football to phone in a brief radio report to a miniscule broadcaster with as many staff as listeners, couldn't bear to listen after I heard TJ had passed.

That was stuck in my brain for years!

Nice fella Gary too.
  • edited October 2015
    masicat said:

Had lunch with Gary last week. Played golf with him and Graham Stuart many years ago. Top fella.

So did I ( played with Gary and Graham) therefore I guess there's a good chance we played together but such a long time ago was at London Club.

Also still see Gary from time to time lovely man.
  • I can't understand why he's never been promoted?
  • Sponsored links:

• When we relaunched Charlton Live a few years back with Big Dave, Terry and Jon Lucas on Time FM we pushed really had for Gary Sargeant to sponsor the show and start re-running the ads....sadly they didn't go for it.

Gotta be one of the most memorable small station radio ads ever!
  • masicat said:

Had lunch with Gary last week. Played golf with him and Graham Stuart many years ago. Top fella.

So did I ( played with Gary and Graham) therefore I guess there's a good chance we played together but such a long time ago was at London Club.

Yep, London Club. In the evening sat with Jim Davidson, John Virgo and a singer from the 60,s (?) . I assume you made up our 4 ball?
  • edited October 2015
    masicat said:

masicat said:

Yep, London Club. In the evening sat with Jim Davidson, John Virgo and a singer from the 60,s (?) . I assume you made up our 4 ball?
    Yeah guess so it was such a long time ago, I would guess around late 90s? I managed to get Graham to do a coaching session with the boys team I ran at the time. Happy days.
  • Worked with Gary half a lifetime ago but he didn't keep me on the staff when he had the chance, no hard feelings tho, his office was in Swanley which would've been a right come down from Chislehurst.
    RTM/Millenium Radio, oh the nostalgia, away game commentary by 90's mobile phone.
    Dear old Tudor Jones's (RIP) Welling United match reports were the absolute highlight of my non-match Saturday radio listening back then, I couldn't imagine the dedication required to schlepp around the country watching lousy football to phone in a brief radio report to a miniscule broadcaster with as many staff as listeners, couldn't bear to listen after I heard TJ had passed.

And in a former life I would have been in the same building and working with, on occasions, GS & Co as opposed to for ;-)
  • Memorable tune but would "Sargeant Partnership" fit in the lyrics?