Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trains For MK Dons

Afternoon, last time I went there we drove, planning on training it this time round, read the footballgroundguide but just wondered what people recommend?

Is a train to Bletchley the best bet? 2 miles from the ground and there is a pub nearby.

Help a brother.

Comments

• Yes, there is a pub just outside Bletchley station just beyond the bridge. Closest station in reasonable walking distance is Fenny Stratford, which has a couple of nice pubs, but there is only one train an hour from Bletchley and the last train is before the final whistle.
  • Afternoon, last time I went there we drove, planning on training it this time round, read the footballgroundguide but just wondered what people recommend?

Is a train to Bletchley the best bet? 2 miles from the ground and there is a pub nearby.

Help a brother.

Last time I went I got the train to Bletchley and then a bus. Easy journey.

• Afternoon, last time I went there we drove, planning on training it this time round, read the footballgroundguide but just wondered what people recommend?

Help a brother.

Same route back I assume?
  • Yes, there is a pub just outside Bletchley station just beyond the bridge. Closest station in reasonable walking distance is Fenny Stratford, which has a couple of nice pubs, but there is only one train an hour from Bletchley and the last train is before the final whistle.

21:58 Bletchley [BLY]
    Platform 4
    London Euston [EUS]
    Platform 12
    22:52 54m 0 More Details on the 21:58 service from Bletchley to London Euston

Return Fare
    Other services you can travel on
    22:10 Bletchley [BLY]
    Platform 4
    London Euston [EUS]
    Platform 11
    23:12 1h 02m 0 More Details on the 22:10 service from Bletchley to London Euston

Return Fare
    22:27 Bletchley [BLY]
    Platform 4
    London Euston [EUS]
    Platform 8
    23:21 54m 0 More Details on the 22:27 service from Bletchley to London Euston

Return Fare
    22:54 Bletchley [BLY]
    Platform 3
    London Euston [EUS]
    Platform 5
    00:06 1h 12m
    More Details on the 22:54 service from Bletchley to London Euston

Return Fare
    23:18 Bletchley [BLY]
    Platform 4
    London Euston [EUS]
    Platform 8
    00:21 1h 03m 0 More Details on the 23:18 service from Bletchley to London Euston

@Rock Spectacle What's wrong with these trains? It does mentioned something about a possible change to timetable.
  • Nearest station is Fenny Stratford which is 1 mile from the ground & has 7 pubs + a fish & chip shop.
    Train details Dep Euston 15.54 arr Fenny Stratford 16.52
    Return dep Fenny Stratford 22.35 arr Euston 00.21 cheapest fare is £22.70 or £15.00 with railcard.
    Alternative is to travel to Bletchley which is 2 miles from ground.
    Train details Dep Euston 16.30 arr Bletchley 17.21
    Dep Bletchley 22.10 arr Euston 23.12
    Dep Bletchley 22.27 arr Euston 23.21
    Dep Bletchley 23.18 arr Euston 00.21 Fare£15.90 ret or £13.00 with railcard.

Help a brother.

It was easier to get back to Milton Keynes Central afterwards, so went there. Bit longer but not much in it.

Help a brother.

It was easier to get back to Milton Keynes Central afterwards, so went there. Bit longer but not much in it.
    Assume you can get a Virgin train from MK Central....which would be 30 mins to Euston, worth the extra 5-10 min walk surely?
  • I've no problem with the walk from the station to MK central, but I've read it's 4 miles and could take an hour?!
  • edited October 2015

I've no problem with the walk from the station to MK central, but I've read it's 4 miles and could take an hour?!

There were loads of "football special" buses last time. Just couldn't find one going to Bletchley hence going back to MK Central.
  • Okay thanks for the help I'll just book MK Central return in that case, but sounds like a beer in Bletchley is better beforehand than MK Central.
  • Sponsored links:

• There are more trains serving MK Central after the game but all take about an hour.The special shuttle bus from Bletchley appears to have been discontinued.
  • There are direct trains to from Bletchley to Euston after the game.
  • I've booked a return with Virgin can get 21:59 22:41 or 22:55 from MK Cenrtal, Bletchley is a stop on route so could go there is possible.
  • Can get a train to bletchley in 13 minutes from work. Finally working in hertfordshire pays off!
  • I've booked a return with Virgin can get 21:59 22:41 or 22:55 from MK Cenrtal, Bletchley is a stop on route so could go there is possible.

Nice one, we're going to do the same one.

Half day off work either side, UTA
  • Sorry, meant Fenny Stratford, didn't realise there was now a 10.35, being on holiday is my excuse! Bus to Bletchley wasn't happening last time,, got a cab driver's mobile and he was waiting outside no problem. And no, it wasn't via Uber...
  • getting a hotel for this, anyone know of any half decent ones walking distance to the ground?
  • J BLOCK said:

I've booked a return with Virgin can get 21:59 22:41 or 22:55 from MK Cenrtal, Bletchley is a stop on route so could go there is possible.

Nice one, we're going to do the same one.

Half day off work either side, UTA
    Running out of half days need em for Xmas just gonna duck out early then avoid everyone the next morning in the office.

Lovely pub at fenny Stratford on the canal side what better then a couple of ales followed by a nice canal walk to get you in the mood

• Sponsored links:

• So... Is it best to get the train to MK before the game, have a few beers there and go home from Bletchley afterwards ? Both look like 2.5/3 miles from the stadium.
  • I'm shirking from home on Wednesday so may give this a go. Not read everything above but can you get to the stadium easy enough from MK main train station ?
  • Your best is just walking to Bletchley. It's not the most padestrian friendly and a bit long but you'll be back in Euston quicker.
  • Your best is just walking to Bletchley. It's not the most padestrian friendly and a bit long but you'll be back in Euston quicker.

Best to go by ValleyExpress, if we're running a trip that is.
  • There are also buses from MK Central station, one of those where it might be best to ask a friendly local if you're not sure!

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/championship/stadium-mk-milton-keynes-dons.html#aby-train

• So train to MK, shuttle bus from station to ground and then home from Bletchley ? The 2.5 mile walk from the stadium to Bletchley sounds grim if we've got thrashed again.
  • Trains for MK Dons?.......................empty (of CAFC supporters)
  • se9addick said:

So train to MK, shuttle bus from station to ground and then home from Bletchley ? The 2.5 mile walk from the stadium to Bletchley sounds grim if we've got thrashed again.

If we all leave when the 3rd goal goes in, we'll miss the rush
  • Selling on the I night as cash only if anyone is thinking of going last minute.
  • Scanned thru this, so apologies if already on here - youngest has talked me (bless him) into driving up there, where can I park?