Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non Charlton - Rumours/Transfer Window

edited September 2015 in Rumours
As it seems to get really confusing in the thread at the top thought I might as well open this.

Delph is going to get absolutely destroyed when he goes to Villa Park this season, he's had an absolute PR nightmare on this. Considering the reaction Parker still got from us last season he's going to be bottled or something in Birmingham.

Comments

• As it seems to get really confusing in the thread at the top thought I might as well open this.

Delph is going to get absolutely destroyed when he goes to Villa Park this season, he's had an absolute PR nightmare on this. Considering the reaction Parker still got from us last season he's going to be bottled or something in Birmingham.

GOOD (getting destroyed, not bottled)

• Yeah really curious to see what has happened to Delph, especially with the likes of Richards / Sinclair coming out saying that they're glad he'd decided to stay as he's made them look rather stupid etc...

Pretty low fee for an England International these days (Although £8m is quite nice and realistic for a change, although didnt Aston Villa sign him from Leeds for that sort of fee?)
  • Crazy... On further research, Aston Villa did only sign Delph for £8m from Leeds back in 2009... Seeing some are annoyed on here at how much Gomez went for, Villa fans must be murderous, they've made absolutely no profit from him!!
  • Yeah really curious to see what has happened to Delph, especially with the likes of Richards / Sinclair coming out saying that they're glad he'd decided to stay as he's made them look rather stupid etc...

Pretty low fee for an England International these days (Although £8m is quite nice and realistic for a change, although didnt Aston Villa sign him from Leeds for that sort of fee?)

with regards to the fee, he had that entered as a buy out clause when he signed his last contract as the previous one, I believe, had less than a year on it.
  • Delph's departure could be bad news for CAFC if the Villa/Jordan Cousins links are legit.
  • Delph's departure could be bad news for CAFC if the Villa/Jordan Cousins links are legit.

Did not last non Charlton for long :wink:
  • don't rate Delph.....must be at least a dozen better English midfielders than him, yet he gets into the English National team.
  • Silvestri of Leeds the next Italian national keeper according to chap who used to coach Buffon or something. Watch all the big boys fight for him now.
  • In my opinion, Liverpool are about to become guilty of wasting the most money on Benteke. £32.5 million is laughable judged on his inconsistency last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• In my opinion, Liverpool are about to become guilty of wasting the most money on Benteke. £32.5 million is laughable judged on his inconsistency last season.

42 Premiership goals in 86 games is not a bad record, he's had a few nasty injuries recently, played a shocker in the cup final, bit like the rest of the villa team.

42 Premiership goals in 86 games is not a bad record, he's had a few nasty injuries recently, played a shocker in the cup final, bit like the rest of the villa team.
    I think the other Belgian, Divock Origi, has more potential. They've spent a lot on him and haven't even tried him. It pisses me off that these PL clubs chuck their money around whilst we feed on scraps in comparison.
  • Delph won't get any where near the Man City team. Paid to sit on the bench and keep the home grown players up. Apparently he said Micah Richards told him it was the best club in the world. Bet Richards is well chuffed he has told everyone that, Villa fans going to love him already!
  • Bad for England as he won't play regularly and I think he's a cracking player. Bought by City to replace the high energy of Milner.
  • Pat Roberts having his medical at City now. Him and Sterling together at City could be great for the England team in the future or terrible. I'm a big believer in Sterling and think he will get a lot of minutes straight away alongside Aguero/Silva/Nasri but it might be hard for Roberts to break through without being constantly loaned out.
  • It'd be nice to have a Charlton rumours thread.
  • Scott Parker supposedly wanted by Bournemouth.

4th highest goalscorer since 2012 behind Aguero, van Persie and someone else I can't remember
  • Sponsored links:

4th highest goalscorer since 2012 behind Aguero, van Persie and someone else I can't remember
    Churchinho?

Liverpool fans are concerned that their team will have to change its entire approach to accommodate Benteke .. they have no-one capable of supplying consistent crosses into the box and are concerned that Benteke's arrival will herald the start of a long ball game

Liverpool fans are concerned that their team will have to change its entire approach to accommodate Benteke .. they have no-one capable of supplying consistent crosses into the box and are concerned that Benteke's arrival will herald the start of a long ball game
    Currently undergoing a Medical @ Liverpool... Agree with your comments, Liverpool dont really play with wingers anymore so Benteke is going to have to adjust his game because he wont score many headers
  • ilovelucy said:

Scott Parker supposedly wanted by Bournemouth.

If Fulham accept the offer I can see it happening. Arter is his bro in law.
  • 11m for Roberts. Madness.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33581193

According to the BBC, the fee is undisclosed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33581193

According to the BBC, the fee is undisclosed
    Makes the Gomes fee seem cheap. From the Aussie clips I can see him playing a big part of their season and us getting our appearance based dosh early.
  • Rickie Lambert is 1/8 to sign for Boro...

Financial fair play working it's magic still.
  • Chelsea had a bid for Stones rejected by Everton, £20m apparently, seen him play for England a few times, brilliant young player but at would be a bad move for him purely because he wouldn't be playing every week with Cahill and JT still going strong as well as Zuma.
  • Rickie Lambert is 1/8 to sign for Boro...

Financial fair play working it's magic still.

doesn't mean anything just a lot of people betting. Think he's off to West Brom.