Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

First Official Charlton Life Coach - Ipswich Away Sat 15th March 2008

edited August 2021 in Match Day Travel
Hi All,

After a couple of successful Minibus Tours last season myself & Northstandsteve have decided to try something along the same lines but open it to more Charltonlifers.

For the Ipswich away game on Saturday 15th March we are running a Coach which will start at Dartford Station probably leaving at about 10.00am. It will take us to a Pub about 20 mins from the Ground (who will be expecting us), drop us off for a few hours 'Refreshment' before taking us the short journey on to the ground. It will then pick us up after hopefully a glorious away victory, then either take us straight back to Dartford or maybe one stop at another pub on the way home (Still to be decided).

This offer is open to any Charltonlifer who wishes to come, Women, Kids & the older ones on the Board are especially welcome. It will be a DRY coach & I will be enforcing this, you can drink all you want at the pubs or in the ground.

In order to gauge interest we have already pre-invited a number of people & we have so far filled 34 seats, which means we have 15 Spaces available. First 15 people to reply on this thread are confirmed subject to any late drop outs. I have no doubt the Club, police & even my Dad will be watching this very closely, so we really want this to go without any hitches. To repeat this will be a DRY coach, drinking will be at the relevant pubs & at the ground. Cost will depend on actual numbers but we have budgeted approximately £12 per head.

The Current list of Lifers going are :-

Northstandsteve x4,
Fatrob,
Nth LondonAddick,
Larry the Lamb,
Dave Mehmet x3,
Ketman,
Skint,
Stu of SE7,
Carter,
WSS,
Sco,
AKFA Bartram,
Medders,
Gumbo,
CafcBourne,
Carlsberg,
MCS,
Left Behind x3,
Glass Half Empty x2,
Glass Half Empty Senior
Dave Storry,
Friend or Defoe,
RoseandCrown,
Dj Davey Dave x3
Total = 34

So If you want to join one of the first Official Charltonlife Travel awaydays please add your name to the Thread. Please only post on this thread if you want to come, no Thread Hijackers please.

Up the Addicks

Ketman & Northstandsteve

Comments

• no can do Ketman, on the train.

Make sure the police don't escourt your coach straight to the ground
  • Can I just add this is meant to be a enjoyable day for people of all ages (we can't guarantee the football of course) but if you have kids feel free to bring them along,likewise any partners or relatives.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Can I just add this is meant to be a enjoyable day for people of all ages (we can't guarantee the football of course) but if you have kids feel free to bring them along,likewise any partners or relatives.

Just don't show them the pics from Blackpool first!
    Great effort guys - sorry I can't make it as I'm geographically indisposed.
  • Oh dear i can see this ending up very messy and a tad loud especially if me and steve remember the words to show me the way to go home

bring it on gonna be great
  • Im heading up on friday to stay with a mate (ipswich fan) but will definately be waiting in the pub for the arrival of the travelling army!
    Please no suggestions of getting a round in :) that list of 34 is well out of my range!

Superb effort for sorting this one out.
  • Lol respect to the first person to purchase a "charlton athletic first team coach" sign haha!
  • Is it cool if me and Plaaayer tag along? Would be good to meet some of the faces behind the names.
  • Good on ya Ketts and NorthStandSteve. Great idea.

I'll be waiting for you at the City of Hamilton Bus Depot. What time (and day) do you think you'll be by?
  • Kets - as mentioned before, the pub right next to the station is pretty decent. Large enough, 5 min walk to the ground and has home & away fans. Always been a good atmosphere in there...
  • won't be going on the coach as coming from East London a (non-dry) train from Stratford in just over an hour is too tempting... but can you divulge the pub name or PM it if you wanted to keep it hushed?

good on you for the arrangements
  • Sponsored links:

• Can I *not* book OohAah a seat
  • sooper dooper, looking forward to this!!
  • MCS if we meet early how many bishops could we neck without having to stop the bus for a piss every 10 mins seeing as it is a dry coach
  • just feckin try it and your a dead man
  • lol
    whoops the coach man was listening quick run
  • I'll pay for Charlie Block, Reams and Golf Addick to go - as long as they are only allowed to talk to each other!
  • dude i can only eat about 3 butchers finger then its floortime i am lightweight when not in the confinds of me own home! lol

give it a good blast tho so long as there is a pisser on the bus
  • watch it but nss is gonna be watching i reckon we can do 6 in the first hr
  • always watchin
  • told ya quick scatter
  • Sponsored links:

• Ok Seems people cannot follow simple instructions like only post on here if you are interested & DO NOT Hijack the Thread. :-)

Additional people to the List are :-

Heroin Addick
    PLaaayer
    Valley Addick

I am waiting to hear on two possible others so we are down to possibly only 10 places don't be last !
  • A sub thread may be needed to remind those who are interested how to be out of bed, find Dartford station, remember money, spare pants etc.

Just a thought ;-)
    carlingaddick & possibly THE HAT
  • Latest list as it stands waiting on 3 or 4 other possibles :-
    Northstandsteve x4,
    Fatrob,
    Nth LondonAddick,
    Larry the Lamb,
    Dave Mehmet x3,
    Ketman,
    Skint,
    Stu of SE7,
    Carter,
    WSS,
    Sco,
    AKFA Bartram,
    Medders,
    Gumbo,
    CafcBourne,
    Carlsberg,
    MCS,
    Left Behind x3,
    Glass Half Empty x2,
    Glass Half Empty Senior
    Dave Storry,
    Friend or Defoe,
    RoseandCrown,
    Dj Davey Dave x3
    Heroin Addick
    PLaaayer
    Valley Addick
    Carlingaddick
    Current Total = 39
  • I'd like to come along but I have some logistical stuff to deal with first - getting off work early on Friday from Cornwall,
    placating my lady for abandoning her all weekend, seeing if my Dad would put me up overnight and get me to Dartford in time.

It'll be great to meet up with other Lifers again.
  • I'll jump in if the places are still going?
  • Souns soooo good! :-)
  • I'll need 2 seats as it goes, if there's two going put me down please.
  • edited February 2008
    Latest list as it stands waiting on 3 or 4 other possibles :-
    Northstandsteve x4,
    Fatrob +1
    Nth LondonAddick,
    Larry the Lamb,
    Dave Mehmet x5,
    Ketman,
    Skint,
    Stu of SE7,
    Carter,
    WSS,