Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Game of Thrones

edited March 2015 in Not Sports Related
Just started watching this, up to start of season two. They hint at battles but the battle scenes are poor to say the least. Do they get better?

I don't watch it for the boobies, honest.

Comments

• Just watch it
  • Just watch it

Thank you for your in depth reply, cheers.

• Really is the best thing I've watched and I've watched a lot of TV.
  • Just wait until the red wedding fella.
  • And the purple wedding. Loved that little scamp.
  • The battles do get a lot better, if you're on season two stick right through to the end and I GUARANTEE you will be won over.
  • WayneK said:

Just started watching this, up to start of season two. They hint at battles but the battle scenes are poor to say the least. Do they get better?

I don't watch it for the boobies, honest.

Stick with it Buddy ....has to be the best programme on Sky other than the Charlton and Sunderland re-runs...

Well worth the viewing and brilliantly filmed -some marvellous Episodes ,,enjoy

• Keep watching. It can be hard to follow at times because there are so many characters and layers. But there are scenes coming your way which will leave you gripping the sofa in sheer horror.
  • Sponsored links:

• Keep with it. Season 2 lost its way a little, but it gets so much better.
  • I like it a lot but if you didn't enjoy the first season there's no reason to think it'll get any better for you. There is one big battle coming up but the series is really more about plot and character than big set piece battles.
  • Series 1 was filmed on a shoestring compared to the others and the scope for both skirmishes and big battles is much better as the seasons get on. The battles and big scenes usually get biggest and best in the 9th episode of seasons 2, 3 and 4. If you're still not satisfied by end of Season 2 then yeah, you can justify knocking it on the head there.
  • edited March 2015
    WARNING - SPOILERS FOR FIRST 3 SEASONS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVaD8rouJn0
  • When does series five start?
  • WayneK said:

When does series five start?

You don't see many sky ad breaks do you :-)

13/04.

• Thank you.
  • @WayneK did you end up getting hooked then?

It really is amazing, I love the zero amount of loyalty they have for any characters. Fear for everyone because they are so ruthless! Can't wait for the new episodes. Just need to resist the urge of staying up until 3:30 and watching it on a live HBO stream and wait until the morning like a normal person.
  • I just watch it for the jugs...

New Characters going to be involved in rumpy pumpy scenes this series apparently.
  • Sponsored links:

• WayneK said:

You don't see many sky ad breaks do you :-)

13/04.

Depending on where you are, it will be broadcast at the same time in 170 countries then the UK gets it 19 hours later.

I preferred the chalices
  • WayneK said:

I recommend the books also @WayneK

• Are they doing a catch up/recap show before the series launch?

they've been replaying all the series on sky on demand, could be worth running over the last few episodes of s4 to refresh yourself

you can also read this http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s151/game-of-thrones/recaps/a578183/game-of-thrones-season-4-finale-recap-brutal-funny-heart-breaking.html#~p7WHhp8OBbQnwH
  • @WayneK did you end up getting hooked then?

It really is amazing, I love the zero amount of loyalty they have for any characters. Fear for everyone because they are so ruthless! Can't wait for the new episodes. Just need to resist the urge of staying up until 3:30 and watching it on a live HBO stream and wait until the morning like a normal person.

I did. Like a bit of gore and nudity. Gorey nudity even better.

• WayneK said:

@WayneK did you end up getting hooked then?

I did. Like a bit of gore and nudity. Gorey nudity even better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8MpI5fXzh0
  • Thank you.
  • Watched a game of thrones recap thing that we recorded a few weeks ago. Might be on the 'on demand' bit? I think it was called 'story so far'. Was a helpful reminder of all the past series. I forgot things from the 1st and 2nd series compared to friends who watched the whole thing on box sets in one hit.
  • Game of Thrones wiki is useful. You can read up on where each character has been and gone. But don't mix it up with Song of Fire and Ice wiki, as that is one giant spoiler alert.