Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I dont want to get all political...

But doesnt it make you sick the amount of spongers that are allowed in this country and yet a bloke with a genuine profession and probably on a salary of anywhere around £500k pa (therefore a load of money in taxes) cannot come here to play football.

Maybe the Home Office should take a look at the photos of the British Embassy in Bulgaria that were published today showing the hundreds of Bulgarians looking to come over here.

Comments

• i also thought immediately of the hoards of bulgarians.

here we are talking a professional at the top of his trade. It should not matter where he comes from, these are the people we should be welcoming into this country, people with something to offer, with guaranteed jobs and guaranteed tax paying.
  • Yep sure does leave a very sour taste in the mouth, but the club must learn from this. If they really want him in the squad could they not just make an offer to his club?

Very very frustrating.
  • Could it be that there is an element of quiet gamesmanship going on here. Ketman says that there was an initial fee agreed between the two clubs before the freindlies, in which Bolanos shone and became someone people were immediately talking about. The price rose dramatically, so a loan deal was agreed. Now he cannot be signed because of immigration issues, are the club hoping that a more reasonable offer can be agreed so that Saprissa get something for their man (I don't imagine Bolanos' will be happy returning there now) and everyone is happy? Thus, an issuing of the "maybe we will return in a year's time" statement).

If we sign him permanently, does that mean he is likely to get the permit? Or is it all over now, and nothing can be done?
  • Hordes of Bulgarians?

Do they play like Kish?
  • i was going to do a comic strip in the fanzine i had planned called The Adventures of Radostin KitchenChef, where good old Kish would be running round the kitchen innocently cocking it up...
  • Any headless chickens in this kitchen of yours?
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i was going to do a comic strip in the fanzine i had planned called The Adventures of Radostin KitchenChef, where good old Kish would be running round the kitchen innocently cocking it up...

Would Darren Bent be the Potato peeler?
  • Funny. When I saw this story I thought the exact opposite - isn't is strange that so many of the people who usually go on about foreigners coming into the UK "taking our jobs, country is overcrowded, using our health service" are now up in arms because a foreigner is not being allowed in!