Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Christmas Day tele.

Any highlights? Only watched Doctor Who which was shite in my opinion.

Comments

• Marvellous was on again late last night. Best thing to be shown on telly all year. iPlayer it if you havent seen it yet.
  • Watched wall to wall films either on DVD or on demand until Dr who which we all watched together and universally agreed was utter shyte.

Movies included: guardians of the galaxy (tripe I thought), the Hobbit part two (at least an hour too long but good post dinner snooze material), the hills have eyes remake (I'd had a skinful by that point and the family had gone to bed - nonsense but I quite enjoyed it) and the Wicker Man remake (more dreadful than words can describe)
  • Didn't watch anything all day, Sky+ed Call the Midwife for the wife and Sickly Come Dancing. (which I hope is done and dusted by the time I get back this afternoon)
    Dont think I missed anything worth seeing.
    I've seen and/or got virtually all the decent films shown and the "Christmas specials" are no longer the highlight of the season for me.
  • complete and utter shite. who the fuck schedules these programs, 3 year olds!
  • Christmas day tele was just like most other days, CRAP, either I am getting old (yes I am) or is it just me that has already seen most things on the box already? Everything seems to be a repeat
  • Chas n Dave was good and I didn't have a drink yesterday. Plan to watch it again later when I'm s*** faced!
  • ross1 said:

Christmas day tele was just like most other days, CRAP, either I am getting old (yes I am) or is it just me that has already seen most things on the box already? Everything seems to be a repeat

If you think it is crap, that's fair enough Ross, but there was not one repeat on either BBC1 or ITV1 from about five until midnight.
  • Didn't even turn the TV on all day, had music on and it was fantastic
  • Didn't watch one minute of tv
  • adsads
    edited December 2014
    On The Buses on itv3, cracking, best film of the year, 'I'll ave you butler'
  • Sponsored links:

• Worst Xmas day TV ever. Dog shite, the lot of it.
  • edited December 2014
    Rubbish. Boxing Day was just as bad. I saw on the guide that BBC4 had a "new" Wallender at 9:00pm last night. Turns out it wasn't new: it was made five years ago, and apparently it was filmed in some experimental format called Fuzzyvision.
  • So far the poorest Christmas TV for me, for many a year. When Only fools and Horses is the highlight......(that I have seen many times, as excellent as that was,) it shows how poor it has been. Top gear should be worth watching, but the format is getting a bit tired , Not sure about Bruce's hall of fame. The Raven on Ch4 looks promising
  • That Day we Sang was brilliant on boxing day
  • WayneK said:

I really enjoyed it!
  • WayneK said:

I really enjoyed it!
    Me too.
  • Not much to grab the attention so we're doing the game of thrones marathon which we've never seen before. Quite enjoying it and, surprisingly, some of the humour is really good.
  • We had to put with the dross that is Miranda on Christmas Day and just in case we missed any of its subtle jokes it was repeated on BBC1 last night. Taking the piss
  • she is about as funny as a toothache