Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New article: Charlton plan presentation of thanks to Crystal Palace

Have you seen this ???? Unbelievable.

Click on the link below

http://www.charltonlife.com/blog/?p=174

Charlton plan presentation of thanks to Crystal Palace

Having backed the well-received Minutes Applause for the passing of members of the Addicks faithful, Charlton Life can exclusively reveal that Director Ben Hayes is fronting arguably the most contraversial presentation in Charlton’s history.

Despite expecting a plethora of abuse from his fellow supporters, the fan-elected representative is heading an initiative to try and ease the growing tensions between the rival South London clubs.

“The hatred generated towards our friends from Selhurst Park appears to be growing year by year” said the 47-year old Bromley resident. “Quite simply, it is unjustifiable, and shows both our club and supporters in a bad light. Now is the time to draw it to a close”.

Despite growing opinion that his views will not be shared by fellow fans, Hayes has arranged for the presentation of a silver salver on behalf of the club, to be made on the pitch prior to the kick-off of Friday’s South London showdown. Receiving the salver will be Crystal Palace chairman, Simon Jordan.

The salver will be inscribed with the words “In friendship, we thank you“, in relation to the time Charlton spent sharing Selhurst Park in the mid-nineties.

“Recognition of our thanks to Crystal Palace are long overdue” enthused Hayes. “All true Charlton fans know in their hearts that it was Crystal Palace, and their warm hospitality, that helped save and secure the future of our club. We were welcomed with open arms to Selhurst and its surrounding areas”.

“The growing animosity shown by our intellectually-challenged supporters is simply not shared by myself, and the vast majority of Charlton fans, who all have fond memories of our time spent in a great sporting arena. Now is the time to show that gratitude”.

Charlton supporters will be encouraged to participate in a Minutes Applause ahead of kick-off to show their collective thanks to their South London Counterparts, while on the big screen images of Selhurst Park will be shown as a fond reminder.

Crystal Palace chairman Simon Jordan said he was “stunned” by the planned presentation. “There can be no doubting that this presentation is fully justified, and should have been made to our club a long time before now”, enthused Jordan. “Recent events led to believe that it would never be forthcoming, so in that respect i’m stunned”.

“I could never understand the dislike Charlton directed towards us. We saved them after all. For Christ sakes, we even allowed them a portakabin in the car park to operate from ! We could only put it down to jealousy as we could not of done more to make them feel at home”.

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2008
    nice try lads... nobody is falling for that! SIIIIIIIIIIIIIINK!
  • Options
    Who the hell is this fella???

should sign in here and get his finger on the pulse.
  • Options
    ha ha. There will be be some gullible people falling for that i'm sure!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]ha ha. There will be be some gullible people falling for that i'm sure!

Falling for what?
  • Options
    thats fuuny
  • Options
    i thought more of Ben than this.

Very disappointed
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    It's time to move on and let bygones be bygones.

Also AFKA I'm disappointed that you've leaked this so spoiling the impact. I told you about it in confidence.

We did try to get Ron Noades to come along and accept the salver so that both sets of fans could salute him but that wasn't possible.
  • Options
    lWe should also give them the Covered End so they can fit in the tens of thousands of fans they think they are bringing
  • Options
    Dan...you bugger!
  • Options
    And I'm only 46!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It doesn't take long. just had an e mail from a 'Colleague' who supports Palace asking me if I thought it was serious and what a nice idea it was. W*nker
  • Options
    oh leave off you never. you should question your colleagues intelligence.
  • Options
    I promise I did.
  • Options
    He does work in Bene Bene
  • Options
    Top wind up.
  • Options
    The boys and girls on Addickted aren't quite sure

http://www.addickted.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=10346
  • Options
    oh blimey
  • Options
    Can't believe some of the nigels can't see it's a wind up!

http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=165482
  • Options
    Ha ha, from addickted:

"Benny Boy Hayes has been the most disliked 'Fans director' since its conception precisely because of the stupid opinions and ideas he's had....

Hopefully this will be the coup de grace he needs to get the final KO....."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Ha ha, from addickted:

"Benny Boy Hayes has been the most disliked 'Fans director' since its conception precisely because of the stupid opinions and ideas he's had....

Hopefully this will be the coup de grace he needs to get the final KO....."[/quote]

LOL you couldn't make it up. And they won't even have the grace to admit they making tits of themselves unlike Ross.

Ross, go and tell them I'm laughing at whoever said this.
  • Options
    you mean its not a wind up
  • Options
    It gets better

"if that had happened there would have been hell to pay, from all sides in demanding ben hayes resigns and much booing"

and

"Everyone around me in the West Stand will clap, because they are complete and utter tossers I'm gonna be booing lol
    What a complete and utter twat Ben Hayes is, fat silly billy"

Starts to make you think that Jordan was partially right with the morons comments : - )
  • Options
    Henry dont give it large that this is a wind up we know you plan to enlarge your Empire by being the Nigels Fans Director and we even have a pictre of you in a striped shirt !

Pull the plug on the Palarse award or we publish the picture !
  • Options
    henry is that your other fan club on there??
    blimey. bit unnecessary.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Henry dont give it large that this is a wind up we know you plan to enlarge your Empire by being the Nigels Fans Director and we even have a pictre of you in a striped shirt !

Pull the plug on the Palarse award or we publish the picture ![/quote]

Publish and be damned.

I'd never be the Palace fans director.

I've already got the job at Arsenal lined up for next season. "Gooners, Gooners"
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]henry is that your other fan club on there??
    blimey. bit unnecessary.[/quote]

I agree. I mean "fat" that's going a bit too far : - )

Little boys who think they are being big having a go at someone "important". Just makes me laugh.
  • Options
    lol, they're still not sure if its true or not !

http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=165482&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=2

Its not true, is it ?
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]lol, they're still not sure if its true or not !

http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=165482&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=2

Its not true, is it ?

Well some of the other Directors have seen it now and they actually think it's a good idea.

Peter Varney has bought the salver and David White has volunteered to make the presentation as he feels an affinity for Simon Jordan
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Would you like me to come on and announce it Henry. To show that everything is forgiven now :-)