Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Tucudean

Where was he? He wasn't even amongst the Substitutes.

Comments

• dickplumb said:

Sounds like he had a bad back.

• dickplumb said:

Want him to start up top with Igor on Saturday. This is a game we need to dominate possession on and take to our opponents rather than stifling them with 5 man midfield as happened last night.
  • dickplumb said:

Want him to start up top with Igor on Saturday. This is a game we need to dominate possession on and take to our opponents rather than stifling them with 5 man midfield as happened last night.
    If George is fit he will partner Igor, as playing the top of the table team who score goals for fun, in Norwich away,
    is a totally different ball game to playing The Brum at home. The problem is with Piggott out on loan, church out of favour, then would Bob throw in Ahern-Grant ? not from the start but could see him getting 20 mins.

I could say ad nauseam that we need a num 9 who leads the line but just about every CAFC fans and their auntie knows this already. Play Geroge until we bring in a better player or until Tucudean improves to the extent where this conversation is redundant.

• He was at Carrow Rd so it was obviously touch and go right up until kick off.
  • Proper Charlton.
  • Redhenry said:

He was shite

He’s scored against a good Serbian side in a game more important than a friendly. Even those once ‘shite’ have potential
  • Sponsored links:

• Scored for Romania v Serbia this evening.
    I’m pleased he’s doing well. I thought he had loads of potential.

I had lots of potential. But I didn't deserve to play for Charlton either.
  • Proper Charlton.

Well for missing a last minute sitter to win a game v Millwall - that’s about as proper Charlton as you can get
    Someone will be on soon to tell you it was a very difficult chance.

Those one on ones are very tricky things for strikers you know. They don't practice that sort of thing.
  • Off_it said:

Scored for Romania v Serbia this evening.
    I’m pleased he’s doing well. I thought he had loads of potential.

I had lots of potential. But I didn't deserve to play for Charlton either.
    Lol, that’s a very funny comment. It might be because of the league you were playing in. You didn’t deserve to play for Charlton. George however did.
  • Scored a couple of cracking goals but overall probably wasn't good enough / ready for the Championship. Have to say though I quite liked him.

• In goal for Serbia was Marko Dmitrovic
  • I always thought he was written off far too soon. It's hard enough for British players when they move to a new club in a different part of the country, but to change countries and leagues takes a lot of adapting, and 6 months is no time. Bulot for example was poor for the first half of the season and only came good in the Spring. Naby Sarr is still adapting 3 seasons on...

I remember Kish's 1st game. A couple of minutes in he passed forward and advanced to be available for a pass. We lost the ball, they lobbed it behind Rad, a guy ran into space crossed and a goal. He learnt the English game, excelled in midfield and tore us a new one for Brighton at about 36yo.
  • He was full of potential, just like a number of others bought in by this owner. The issue was that because of the way the club was run and the way the players were purchased (via YouTube) only a very few fulfilled that potential with us.

There was little to no consideration given to personalities, adaptability, and actually building a successful team, etc, and, I suspect little ‘care’ given to players once here playing for Luzon, Freaye, Peters and all the other wasters.

We needed a core of English experience and addition of occasional potential not a whole team full of players with potential whom had never set foot in the U.K. before.

Another example of our owner scrimping on the pennies to look after his assets properly, whilst in many cases having spent a small fortune to bring them to the club in the first place.

The hatred he gets for missing a chance v Millwall is just a little odd imo. Good luck to him in his career.
  • He had flashes of real quality in an absolutely rotten setup with an awful manager and probably no real idea how he ended up in England.

Written off by by most for not scoring the winner against Millwall... well if that’s the criteria then most strikers over the last 10/20/50 years were also shite
  • edited September 2018
    Like everyone else coming into the side (and as Sarr has benefited the last two years)... the foreign imports needed an English Manager to help them adapt and get used to the English Leagues - As it was we had foreign managers who also had to adapt to the EFL way.

He's also older now and despite it being a good level (both at club and international level) I cant imagine it being quite so fast or so physical for Romania and for Cluj (especially with the Defenders) so can imagine that'll help Tucudean flourish
  • Sponsored links:

• I always thought he was written off far too soon. It's hard enough for British players when they move to a new club in a different part of the country, but to change countries and leagues takes a lot of adapting, and 6 months is no time. Bulot for example was poor for the first half of the season and only came good in the Spring. Naby Sarr is still adapting 3 seasons on...

I remember Kish's 1st game. A couple of minutes in he passed forward and advanced to be available for a pass. We lost the ball, they lobbed it behind Rad, a guy ran into space crossed and a goal. He learnt the English game, excelled in midfield and tore us a new one for Brighton at about 36yo.
    Not helped by being playing in the wrong position. Kish was like Darren Pitcher, a decent central midfielder but poor right back

• In goal for Serbia was Makro Dmitrovic

Always ready for a fight.
  • Lovely deft first time finish at the near post last night for the Romanian equaliser.