Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Player/Manager of the Month

Curse has returned.

Despite playing well since POTM Vetokele hasn't scored!

Comments

• Thought this myself yesterday
  • He's not going to score if he's isolated with 2-3 men marking him.
  • It seems that way Dazzler, but i think it's just the championship teams we played in the first month knew very little about Igor, so he had a bit more freedom to roam.

since winning POTM, kenneth Overcoat, the panto villian and spanish dude have doubled up on him,

no curse, just much respect from the opposite managers.

We just need two live wires up front!
  • 4-4-1-1 does not help him either
  • 4-4-1-1 does not help him either

As it was, in a 4-4-2 he was getting marked and pushed and pulled all over the place. So why you would play him up top alone when he's just going to get marked out of the game by the two CBs... well, the mind boggles a bit. I can only assume it was because Bob realised we needed something extra in the midfield.

I hope it doesn't affect his confidence too much.
  • Igor needs someone up there with him to take the pressure off. Bob knows that and he'll be working on getting it sorted out. Keep the faith.
  • And this is why George compliments Igor well.
  • Do we really want Big Bob to win it?
  • Got to be a toss up between Andre and TBH this month and big Bob for manager surely?
  • Sponsored links:

• Can someone tell Igor it's October, now, please? It's ok for him to score again...
  • edited April 2015
    Luzon is up for manager of the month.
    Redfearn, Howe and Neil the others.
  • He should have that nailed on as we were the form team come the end of March
  • For matches played in March, Bournemouth picked up the most points (13 from 15). We picked up 12 from 15, Leeds got 11 from 15, and Norwich got 11 from 18.
  • Howe will win it. Nailed on.

Shame coz Luzon deserves it for turning us around.
  • IA said:

For matches played in March, Bournemouth picked up the most points (13 from 15). We picked up 12 from 15, Leeds got 11 from 15, and Norwich got 11 from 18.

I don't know if they base it just on results? If Norwich picked up 13 out of 18 in March, but Blackpool say picked up 11 out of 18, the latter to most people would have been a far bigger achievement
  • IA said:

For matches played in March, Bournemouth picked up the most points (13 from 15). We picked up 12 from 15, Leeds got 11 from 15, and Norwich got 11 from 18.

I don't know if they base it just on results? If Norwich picked up 13 out of 18 in March, but Blackpool say picked up 11 out of 18, the latter to most people would have been a far bigger achievement
    I agree with this.

Luzon turned our season around. Howe has done a brilliant job, but Bournemouth have been there or there about for months.
  • Howe has won manager of the month for March.
  • Yeah Howe shouldnt have won that... He's had a great season with Bournemouth but if your at the top at this late stage then you should be constantly performing and picking up points.

Guy Luzon is completely new to English Football and the turn around he's achieved is a stroke of genius... Is like @KillerandFlash said...

IA said:

• Sponsored links:

• utter joke.

every single Championship manager's award this season has been to a seaside based club or to a manger who has been to the seaside at some point in his life.
  • Eddie Howe shouldn't win the award based on the fact he looks like a teenage lesbian.
  • Someone should start a petition
  • Typically this time of the season,if your team arent in the top 6-8 or in the bottom 3-4 then they dont get noticed,however well theyve done
  • Yeah Howe shouldnt have won that... He's had a great season with Bournemouth but if your at the top at this late stage then you should be constantly performing and picking up points.

Guy Luzon is completely new to English Football and the turn around he's achieved is a stroke of genius... Is like @KillerandFlash said...

IA said:

Come on, give Howe some credit. I'm sure none of us said Powell didn't deserve to win manager of the month when we were cruising League One.

IA said:

Come on, give Howe some credit. I'm sure none of us said Powell didn't deserve to win manager of the month when we were cruising League One.
    Thats different... Powell was our Manager ;)
  • He has become only the 3rd manager since 2004 (earliest records I could find) to win the 2nd tier manager of the month 3 times in one season

Sean Dyche -Burnley -2013/14 he finished on 3
    Chris Hughton -Newcastle- 2009/10 he won 4 times that season