Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ben Foster says West Brom fan abuse is Pathetic

Comments

• See! Every club has it's own moronic fans who think it encourages a player to boo, ridicule and hurl abuse at them!
  • more pressing is how the flying feck is Alan Irvine a premier league manager.
  • more pressing is how the flying feck is Alan Irvine a premier league manager.

Should have kept Steve Clarke. They're in trouble this season.
  • MrLargo said:

more pressing is how the flying feck is Alan Irvine a premier league manager.

Would this be 32% win record Steve Clarke? Who also managed 9 wins in his final 41 games?
  • cafctom said:

Delighted to have my West Bromwich Albion news fix for the day!

A thread where the title mentions Ben Foster( A West Brom player) and the words West Brom Fans

what was you expecting, as I always say if you don't care about it don't open it, there are plenty of threads I don't open because the subject matter does not interest me, looking at your threads for example I have never opened the Morrissey thread, because it does not interest me
  • To widen this a bit.

I am not a fan of player abuse, and in the specific case of Chris Brunt I have no idea as to what the wellspring for the abuse might be.

However.

Footballers want to be paid top dollar.
    Their agents want top dollar.
    They want to be mollycoddled to the extent they buy a flash car and don't even know where they have parked it whilst some lackey sorts it out.
    lackeys sort out every aspect of their lives for them.
    They want fans to subscribe to TV channels to watch them.
    They want money for image rights, and for interviews.
    One footballer mocks fans efforts by (pretending?) to wipe their backside with a £50 note...a doorway into the attitude of footballers in general?
    They may or may not turn up at fans/community events.
    They want adulation whilst they do their shirt ripping six pack antics.
    Clubs actively want fans to engage, to have passion 'let's get behind the boys'.

....there is probably more stuff.

So to complain about criticism and abuse is pathetic. Obviously racist or other illegal abuse (similar to the abuse some of our fans gave to Troy Deeney) is out of order. However poor loves that they are need to get their heads down and deal with it rather that labelling it as pathetic.
    Not only do they seem to want all the largess and attention, but they will brook no dissent!? Come off it, Alan Pardew for example deserves everything he is getting, his acerbic so called wit and passion did not stop him putting the verbal boot into tea ladies and the like, so sod him. Football is milking the fans, demands passion, and then runs to mummy if that passion spills over.
    Now that's what's pathetic.
  • cafctom said:

A thread where the title mentions Ben Foster( A West Brom player) and the words West Brom Fans

what was you expecting, as I always say if you don't care about it don't open it, there are plenty of threads I don't open because the subject matter does not interest me, looking at your threads for example I have never opened the Morrissey thread, because it does not interest me
    You bite so easily!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• cafctom said:

You bite so easily!!!!
    Not biting just stating the facts
  • cafctom said:

Do you work?
  • cafctom said:

You bite so easily!!!!
    They aren't exclusive.

• cafctom said:

He could be genuinely delighted... I know I am.
  • edited September 2014
    colthe3rd said:

MrLargo said:

Would this be 32% win record Steve Clarke? Who also managed 9 wins in his final 41 games?
    32% is one win in three, would have thought that would be a satisfactory ratio for West Brom. Think he would have accrued more points than Pepe Mel did last season and Alan Irvine has so far this season.
  • MrLargo said:

colthe3rd said:

MrLargo said:

32% is one win in three, would have thought that would be a satisfactory ratio for West Brom. Think who would have accrued more points than Pepe Mel did last season and Alan Irvine has so far this season.
    Alan Irvine's current percentage is 0% 4 games 2 draws 2 defeats(Played Swansea, Southampton, Sunderland and Everton)
  • cafctom said:

You bite so easily!!!!
    Whilst biting!
  • edited September 2014

cafctom said:

Well that's easy to say Paulie but you do open quite a few threads compared to most on here... So we usually fall Ito one of your threads by accident, purely as they're harder to avoid.

I have no issue with this thread btw. It's at least correctly categorised.
  • Now, see, I opened that link but I just became mesmerised by the photo of Holly Branson at the bottom.
  • Sponsored links:

• Paulie, don't let these bellends on here wind you up. They were probably bullied at school and think it's really fun to dig you out. Ignore them it's the only way.
  • Sorry 'Pop Icon'.
  • PopIcon said:

Paulie, don't let these bellends on here wind you up. They were probably bullied at school and think it's really fun to dig you out. Ignore them it's the only way.

It's just a bit of fun pop corn. Everyone likes Paulie on here, it's friendly banter between fellow Charlton fans.
  • If you haven't seen this already, 7 minutes of footage that I'm sure will bring a smile to your face and prove that some footballers aren't just in the game for money:

https://twitter.com/WatfordFC/status/1234545798534324225

Molly appeared on BBC Breakfast TV with her Dad. Foster had been asked if he would like to be there but he said he's rather not because he wanted the story of her fantastic day to be about her and not him. That said, it was great to see Foster giving attention to her brother who could easily have been forgotten about on the day.

We, as a club, do a lot in the community and I've always thought of Watford being a family club too. Well done to them and in particular Foster for making this little girl's dreams come true,
    Saw this yesterday.  Put a smile on my face & got me choked up.

What a great guy 
  • Great little clip.

That's just the sort of thing about the football family that people like Duchatalet will never understand.
  • Thats class. Well played Ben Foster.

And what a polite couple of kids, their parents should be very proud.