Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Quoting

edited September 2006 in Troubleshooting
When I want to quote someone and save the post, I see the quote within quote brackets instead of a yellow background. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Do the same, but make sure you check on the BBCode button below the comments box.
  • [cite]Posted By: 04_MCS[/cite]Do the same, but make sure you check on the BBCode button below the comments box.

It works, thanks.
  • [cite]Posted By: Dutch Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: 04_MCS[/cite]Do the same, but make sure you check on the BBCode button below the comments box.

It works, thanks.

No worries guv.
  • Do the same, but make sure you check on the BBCode button below the comments box.
    i bet this doesn't
  • [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]Do the same, but make sure you check on the BBCode button below the comments box.
    i bet this doesn't

testing
  • the simple rule is:

to quote, make sure you're clicked in the BBCode box at the bottom. The end of the quote should have a [cite] box.

To link another web page, make sure you are clicked in the Text box.
  • edited November 2006
    when i link another page,i still use bbcode but the second box from the right above add comments.this allows me to name the link
  • [cite]Posted By: Groucho Marx[/cite]Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.
  • [cite]Posted By: Mitch Hedberg[/cite]I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something.
  • quality quoting.
  • Sponsored links:

• So it's BBCode then LMFAO
  • edited November 2006
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Van Dyke[/cite]Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very quiet if no birds sang there except those that sang best.
  • [cite]Posted By: Confucius[/cite]
    [cite]Naked man in swing door is going to Bangkok.
  • [cite]Posted By: Alice Roosevelt Longworth[/cite]I have a simple philosophy: fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches.
  • It doesn't appear to work in Firefox. Although it aint really a big deal for me.
  • [cite]Posted By: PeakeysRocket[/cite]quality quoting.

or not?
  • well done, les, that's been baffling me for a long time. and now i've worked out how to cross something out.
  • edited November 2006
    [cite]Posted By: Diawara: NO NONSENSE[/cite]It doesn't appear to work in Firefox. Although it aint really a big deal for me.

Do you have the NoScript extension installed, or javascript switched off? In order to get the quoting to work you need to allow charltonlife.com to use javascript.

(Posted using firefox v1.5ish)
  • [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]well done, les, that's been baffling me for a long time. and now i've worked out how to cross something out.

Does it work?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Diawara: NO NONSENSE[/cite]It doesn't appear to work in Firefox. Although it aint really a big deal for me.

Do you have the NoScript extension installed, or javascript switched off? In order to get the quoting to work you need to allow charltonlife.com to use javascript.

(Posted using firefox v1.5ish)

Nah, standard install with java enabled etc, running on version 1.5 - still don't seem to work.

Just having to read around the dodgy code items :P