Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Boateng and Muntari sent home

Ghana have sent two players home

Boateng, of Schalke 04, has been expelled for "vulgar verbal insults targeted at coach Kwesi Appiah during the team's training session in Maceio".

Muntari has been punished for what the FA calls an "unprovoked physical attack on an executive committee member".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28035928

Comments

• edited June 2014

Ghana have sent two players home

Boateng, of Schalke 04, has been expelled for "vulgar verbal insults targeted at coach Kwesi Appiah during the team's training session in Maceio".

Muntari has been punished for what the FA calls an "unprovoked physical attack on an executive committee member".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28035928

Boateng: "Where's my fucking bonus?"

Muntari: "You're the bastard who pocketed the bonuses, have some of that!"

Edited for spelling.
  • edited June 2014
    Muntari is reported to have slapped a senior GFA official during a heated meeting, while Boateng "verbally abused" coach Kwesi Appiah, said the GFA.

The Ghana FA has added: "The decision was taken in the wake of his unprovoked physical attack on an executive committee member of the GFA and a management member of the Black Stars, Mr Moses Armah on Tuesday 24th June, 2014 during a meeting.

"The GFA has approved coach Kwesi Appiah's decision to suspend Kevin-Prince Boateng indefinitely from the Black Stars.
    "The decision was taken following Boateng's vulgar verbal insults targeted at coach Kwesi Appiah during the team's training session in Maceio this week.
    "Boateng has since showed no remorse for his actions which has resulted in the decision."
  • Wouldn't leave till they got their cash

The refused to have it electronically transfered and waited for the monies
  • There were rumours after the first game that a mutiny against the coach for his poor tactics was led by Boateng and Muntari.
  • edited June 2014
    This is all coming from the BBC Sports day

Boateng: 'Ghana coach insulted me'

Ghana midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng says he and team-mate Sulley Muntari were "joking around" before they were sent home from the World Cup.

Boateng told German magazine Sport-Bild: "Sulley Muntari and I were just joking around and the coach [Kwesi Appiah] stopped the session and sent us back to the changing room.
    "Afterwards I went to the him and asked what he had against me and he started yelling. He insulted me."
    A statement on the Ghana Football Association website said both players had "been suspended indefinitely".
    Boateng said he accepted his suspension but seemed to dispute the reasons the Ghana FA gave for it.
    "No one should think I insulted the coach," he said. "I'm travelling now and I wish my colleagues all the best for the match against Portugal."
  • Just when I thought Muntari couldn't look anymore of a twat after he was running around the pitch with his shorts below his backside, he does this. Rubbish footballer anyway, laughing to the bank.
  • Two weeks. Two weeks every four years you have to behave yourselves. Cameroon's players are going for each other, Ghana's players are going for their coaches, Suarez is biting people. What is wrong with this generation's players that they can't keep their heads screwed on while the World Cup is going on??
  • Two weeks. Two weeks every four years you have to behave yourselves. Cameroon's players are going for each other, Ghana's players are going for their coaches, Suarez is biting people. What is wrong with this generation's players that they can't keep their heads screwed on while the World Cup is going on??

The World Cup has always had bad behaviour.

South American teams fouling for fun, Pele and his team-mates getting kicked the shit out of, Schumacher almost taking someones head off, West Germany and Austria playing for a draw, Maradonna shoving coke up his nose and using his dirty hand, the French revolt, South Korea refereeing decisions.

Its not a generation thing.

South American teams fouling for fun, Pele and his team-mates getting kicked the shit out of, Schumacher almost taking someones head off, West Germany and Austria playing for a draw, Maradonna shoving coke up his nose and using his dirty hand, the French revolt, South Korea refereeing decisions.

And not just at the World Cup, they've been doing it since the late 18th century. Just ask Marie Antoinette.
  • Sponsored links:

Was it in 1982 that the Kuwait team walked off the pitch after a decision went against them? Some official/Sheik came onto the pitch and called them off.

• Nug said:

Two weeks. Two weeks every four years you have to behave yourselves. Cameroon's players are going for each other, Ghana's players are going for their coaches, Suarez is biting people. What is wrong with this generation's players that they can't keep their heads screwed on while the World Cup is going on??

Was it in 1982 that the Kuwait team walked off the pitch after a decision went against them? Some official/Sheik came onto the pitch and called them off.

Yeah saw that before the world cup started on a programme

During the match against France, a goal was scored by the French because some of the Kuwaiti players stopped playing, having heard a whistle. The goal was initially awarded by the referee, who had not blown, but Kuwait walked off the pitch in protest. They eventually resumed playing only after the intervention of Sheikh Fahad Al Ahmed and the referee's subsequent decision to disallow the French goal.
  • A shame really but you never know, it could improve the other players performance if they were as fed up with those two as much as the coach seems to have been.

I hope so, would love to see the US & Ghana both get through in a few hours.
  • I know it's enough to go nicking in a jewellry shop, or drink Baileys in the morning in your room. Or ingest loads of cocaine whilst your junta is murdering and disappearing the people. These footballers are tame these days.
  • Sully Muntari, affectionately known at Inter as "Portsmouth rejectio", or at least he was to the bloke sitting next to me one night out there.
  • The team demanded that their appearance money was actually handed to them in Brazil (over £3mil) which had to be flown out by a specially chartered plane and then armoured convoy to the their training camp. classy.
  • The team demanded that their appearance money was actually handed to them in Brazil (over £3mil) which had to be flown out by a specially chartered plane and then armoured convoy to the their training camp. classy.

Probably because they had no faith in it appearing after the tournament. Can't say I blame them.
  • Shouldn't pay them then they wouldn't get the wrong players there

We were shit but we never do this