Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Crap... cannot catch a ball to save his life... ;)
  • seems a bit punchy
  • Would ya?
  • If he still has long hair then thank fuck Poyet has gone... Be impossible to tell the players apart had he stayed
  • If he still has long hair then thank fuck Poyet has gone... Be impossible to tell the players apart had he stayed

Colour blind?
  • Seems like it would be a great buy , 8 caps for Belgium, 61 apps in Germany's top division.
  • looks ok so yes from me! looks a better keeper than hamer! (goes to get hard hat ;) )
  • Spoke to someone I work with who is a Borussia Mönchengladbach fan

He said he is a good keeper, not great but he is decent
  • Have I missed something? Is he about to sign?
  • uie2 said:

looks ok so yes from me! looks a better keeper than hamer! (goes to get hard hat ;) )

Fully agree. Take that hat off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Name and looks like a Dawson's Creek character
  • bylbyl
    edited June 2014
    don't get overexcited with Logan Bailly. He was one of the most promising GK for belgium and had a few really good seasons.

but mentally he isn't the strongest, he is THE exponent of what we called the Louis-Vuitton generation in belgian football, more concerned with how he looks and going to the hairdresser and enjoying the good life in stead of working hard on the training ground.

He really was top but lost his place in genk, lost his place in the national team and lost his place at borussia monchengladbach, because of him being not focussed on football but on glitter and glamour.

Last two seasons he played for OH Leuven , because he couldn't get a better team anymore. OHL promoted to belgian pro leaguage in 2012 and got relegated last year.

i don't think this is a guy you need and i don't think he will ever get to the level he was before.
  • Too negative byl :)
  • Too negative byl :)

Nah he's getting the hang of this forum now ;)

In terms of Logan Bailly wonder if he's solely coming in to be an backup to Nick Pope... Do you think he'd be more suited to that role here @BYL
  • byl is getting Charltonised. Cheers byl - good insight. I think we need someone very strong who's happy to battle for their starting place, if they don't start then work their ass off to make sure they do, any more Thurams and it'll start becoming a joke. That was embarassing.
  • byl said:

but mentally he isn't the strongest, he is THE exponent of what we called the Louis-Vuitton generation in belgian football, more concerned with how he looks and going to the hairdresser and enjoying the good life

Replacement for Hamer then!
  • byl said:

but mentally he isn't the strongest, he is THE exponent of what we called the Louis-Vuitton generation in belgian football, more concerned with how he looks and going to the hairdresser and enjoying the good life

Replacement for Hamer then!
    As long as he promises to grow a beard, I will be happy
  • Oh well London's a good quiet place for him to come!!!!
  • edited June 2014
    (Beard's) too short.

It doesn't matter who we sign, someone always works with a fan of a past team! How many BM fans are there in London?!
  • Sponsored links:

• byl said:

don't get overexcited with Logan Bailly. He was one of the most promising GK for belgium and had a few really good seasons.

but mentally he isn't the strongest, he is THE exponent of what we called the Louis-Vuitton generation in belgian football, more concerned with how he looks and going to the hairdresser and enjoying the good life in stead of working hard on the training ground.

He really was top but lost his place in genk, lost his place in the national team and lost his place at borussia monchengladbach, because of him being not focussed on football but on glitter and glamour.

Last two seasons he played for OH Leuven , because he couldn't get a better team anymore. OHL promoted to belgian pro leaguage in 2012 and got relegated last year.

i don't think this is a guy you need and i don't think he will ever get to the level he was before.

Thanks byl. Really appreciate your perspective.

I must admit I had been quite excited after all Belgium have produced Coubolois and Milonet recently so I can understand why Bailly would be not close to the national team anymore.

He might still tick the box though as I am hoping Pope will be first choice. What we need is experienced cover.

• By the sound of it, Bobby Peeeters likes his players to first prove themselves in training.

Lennie and Curbs liked to pick up talented players who'd lost their way a bit,
    and give them a make or break opportunity.

Maybe, if this fella signs, it'll be because he'll be given the chance to prove himself all over again?

• Powell was the same Oggy, Kermorgant being the most spectacular example of course. I don't know enough about Peeters to know if this kind of rehab is his favoured style but Bailly sounds like there is talent there if we can get him fired up.
  • Yes, of course, Newbie - I should have included CP.

Kermo was a classic case of rejuvenating a player who had seemingly lost his way.
    Cort also, once he'd established himself after a long patient wait.

And perhaps also Jacko, even though he was a Parky signing.

• Just noticed that Logan Bailly is on trail with the French team Bastia.

It doesn't matter who we sign, someone always works with a fan of a past team! How many BM fans are there in London?!
    Depends how many people work for a German company, where most of the staff are from Germany
  • I am know of a BM season ticket holder that gets over for at least half a dozen of our games every season and has done for around 15 years. Not aware that he posts here though.