Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfers in?

edited January 2008 in Rumours
Seen on football transfers speculation.

Grzegorz Rasiak from Southampton £2m
Craig Mackail-Smith from Peterborough £?
Aaron McLean from Peterborough £?
Danny Mills from Man City loan extension.

Rasiak would be a good acquisition IMO.
Any views?

Comments

• McLean, McLeod, what's the difference.
  • Rasiak would be a good one to sign,the two peterborough players would be a risk and mills more than likely will try to find a club up north
  • The BBC suggest that Danny Mills will be join either Leeds or Hull on a full time basis in this window. Given that his family is based there and he commutes I think it's likely that there is some mileage in that rumour.

How about David Nugent on loan? He scored freely at this level last year, has some limited Prem experience and even an england cap.

Alternatively Leroy Lita is supposed to be on his way out from Reading.
  • Mills has been great, but I can't help thinking he deliberately got sent off so he could have Christmas at home with his family.
    City want to find a club that will pay his wages (£40k week??), I think they paid half while he was here.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]How about David Nugent on loan? He scored freely at this level last year, has some limited Prem experience and even an england cap.

Alternatively Leroy Lita is supposed to be on his way out from Reading.

Both would be great signings but doubt it will happen. Nugent was linked with a swap move to Reading with Lita going the other way. Derby are also after him on loan and I can't see either wanting to drop down to the Championship.
  • There was a Rasiak rumour that surfaced at the end of the last transfer window. That's one deal I could see happening depending on what Pards has to spend - he may have to wheel and deal to raise the money.

Lita would cost far too much, and wouldn't drop a division. He's way out of our league at the moment.

I like the way they come up with two of Mills' former teams. They are just stating the obvious, and I doubt either club could afford his wages. If Man City pony up at least half, then maybe..
  • Bobby Zamora is exactly who we need, short term/on the cheap

West Ham have Bellamy, Cole, Ashton and will probably buy another
  • I think Zamora is another who'll stay in the Premier League.

Not at a top 8 club, but somewhere like a Middlesbrough or Sunderland.
  • he might trust Pards that he'd be only 6 months away from Premiership football and be content to bang them in for fun down here for a while though?
  • I can't see that happening. Loyalty and trust is a nice thought, but money talks and the Premier League is where the money is.

I think he did enough last season (11 Prem League goals) to earn another crack at the PL with a different club. I'm guessing that Zamora and his agent probably feel the same way.

Having said all this - Maybe nobody in the Prem fancies him and a loan to Charlton could get him back on course.. :)
  • Sponsored links:

• i think we will get more than just one, i mean look how many people pards signed in the summer.
    i think freddy eastwood will be a good buy
  • Zamora - a loan to Charlton is better than reserve team at West Ham.
    If he scores the goals that help get us promotion, then he's back in the Prem anyway.
  • exactly, comes in on a 6 month loan and scores goals, his stock rises whoever he ends up at next August and he still gets his wedge in the process
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Zamora - a loan to Charlton is better than reserve team at West Ham.
    If he scores the goals that help get us promotion, then he's back in the Prem anyway.

zamora on loan to sunderland, derby, fulham, birmingham, wigan, boro, bolton etc is better than a loan move to charlton and he'll not leave the premier league.
  • ssssh pbs, i'm trying to keep my vague optimism burning here ;-)