Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hats off to Palace!

40 points, when Pulis turned up in November they had 4! First time they've ever survived a Prem season. Something completely different about them this season and I unreservedly congratulate them.

Comments

• Good for them.
    Don't think it's worth a mention on our site.
    Especially now.
  • edited April 2014
    Must be a palace fan
  • Riviera said:

40 points, first time they've ever survived a Prem season. Something completely different about them this season and I unreservedly congratulate them.

Some people will type anything to up their 'abuse' count ;-)
  • Chirpy is a football fan first, Charlton fan second
  • Yep, fair play. What a turnaround after the start of the season that was looking like being a humiliation.

Pulis rivaling Rogers for manager of the year imo
  • Ffs is this real
  • Dislike button.
  • Why can't he say that? I agree with him.
  • For fuck sake are you joking
  • Sponsored links:

• #lovesawindup!

there is no part of me that will be getting anywhere near congratulating crystal palace for anything. ever.
  • fuck off the lot of you, it's unbearable round here
  • Disappointing though it may be there's no doubt that they have exceeded all expectations since Pulis was appointed. A few of you need to recognise there's a massive difference between acknowledging they have played really well and being happy about it.

Well done Chirpy too btw.
  • edited April 2014
    Palace, Palace, who the F*ck are Palace? :-)
  • edited April 2014
    Good one Chirpy, you closet stripey, you.

Bournemouth, congratulations on your 7,000th visit.
  • Take that 4th one. Disgraceful post you wind up merchant. X
  • The one positive to their promotion was supposed to be the certainty of watching them get stuffed week after week, but fair play to 'em. Sums up a truly miserable season.
  • I've always hated Millwall more but this is really pushing me to the limit.

Since Murray nicked Dowie it's like a spell has been forever put on us to suffer in humiliation.

In my view they have been lucky - administration has made them stronger, they have picked the right cheap players when in the Champioship (pretty much pot luck), sold Zaha for millions then got him back on loan, they have had two managers resign leading to the appointment of Pulis (not luck) and none of their play-off rivals turned up.

The floppy haired Chairman deserves credit and so does Pulis but I can't help thinking they fortune has favoured them.

I couldn't even follow the score for the play-off final and was so happy when Pulis turned down the job as I knew it would be bad.... only for him then to take it!

I am as despondent about Palace's future as about our ability to self-destruct. The gap will grow wider and with their financial stability and Pulis they could easily finish top half Premership for years. We may not achieve their level for ages, if ever.

It makes me ****ing sick and what's worse the media have seemed to have always loved them.

My only hope is that Pulis wins every game and gets poached by another club.
  • edited April 2014

The one positive to their promotion was supposed to be the certainty of watching them get stuffed week after week, but fair play to 'em. Sums up a truly miserable season.

If ever there was a case of showing how massively important getting the manager right is, this has to be it.
  • Who cares. Apart from that lot in Addington.
  • Sponsored links:

• Palace's season isn't worth a comment, let alone an entire thread!
  • I needed an anger/depression outlet so I am glad it was started!

The Samaritans wouldn't understand.
  • Bet all the business' they knocked when going into administration AGAIN are over the moon with their success in the prem........
  • repeat to self , at least it's not the scum , at least it's not the scum ...........................

That's helped, thanks oohaah
  • Three men stand out for me;

Tony Pulis made an instant impact. I suspect he made it very simple for the players and in that way got the best out of them.

Jason Puncheon has been fantastic and has given them the cutting edge they didn't possess early in the season. Just shows what a good manager can do with a seemingly out of sorts player. Perhaps someone will work a similar miracle with Danny Green?!

Julian Speroni has also performed wonders and must go down as Palace's all-time best keeper. To think that he struggled like hell when he first came into the side 10 years ago but he's been magnificent now for a long time. He's 34 now but playing as well as ever.

It's a superb achievement and there were few who gave them a prayer at the start of the season. They've built on their team spirit, have been well backed by their crowd and have played without fear. Whether they can carry it on and survive in the Premier League over the next season or so remains to be seen and like clubs of a similar ilk, they'll need to deal with the increased expectation of their support. Whatever they do though, I don't expect them to skint themselves again doing it.

• Is this a joke? Why is there so much love for Palace all of a sudden?
  • tom- k said:

Is this a joke? Why is there so much love for Palace all of a sudden?

Love?
  • Can we PLEASE stop being so nice?!