Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Game Of Thrones

Comments

• PL54 said:

Never watched it. A grown man at work today was getting very excited about it - it was the point at which he started talking about "monsters" that I realised it's me who's normal and not him.

Monsters ?
  • Not a bad start to the series four. There is a piece of dialect between Tyrion and Oberyn in the books which I hope is shown next week as it's pure comedy gold. If it follows the books as closely as the first one, this series is will be the best by a long long way.
  • cafcpolo said:

Not a bad start to the series four. There is a piece of dialect between Tyrion and Oberyn in the books which I hope is shown next week as it's pure comedy gold. If it follows the books as closely as the first one, this series is will be the best by a long long way.

Struck me as an introductory episode, get everyone back in touch with the characters and get ready for the new and old threats to the Iron Throne! Really looking forward to the rest of the series.
  • It was a good opening to the season, even my wife understood what was happening (admittedly only once she realised that Jaime Lannister had cut his hair and shaved). As said very much a re-introduction of the characters. I've not read the books so have no idea what is coming up, but the storylines all look interesting.

Even the actor who plays Joffrey must want to slap himself.... he is brilliantly evil.
  • Left it until today to watch. Great as usual - right up until the last scene with the hound and Arya. Best bar 'fight' in history. And best dialogue to boot. Fucking brilliant.
  • This weeks lessons.... DO NOT mess with the Hound and stick 'em with the pointy end.
  • Madz said:

It was a good opening to the season, even my wife understood what was happening (admittedly only once she realised that Jaime Lannister had cut his hair and shaved). As said very much a re-introduction of the characters. I've not read the books so have no idea what is coming up, but the storylines all look interesting.

Even the actor who plays Joffrey must want to slap himself.... he is brilliantly evil.

He's brilliant in interviews. Jolly Irish fella who enjoys a laugh. It's quite disconcerting actually.
  • If there are going to be spoilers in here maybe the thread title should be changed to reflect that. Personally am waiting until the end of season so I can watch it all over a few evenings.
  • In my experience, threads like this always end up with spoilers even if there aren't intended to be at the start, so maybe the title should be changed somehow to alert people to that. I especially expect that with what's gunna happen in this season, people will wanna discuss the upcoming episodes and its difficult to do so without some spoilers.
  • As some one who doesn't read the books, if you want to talk about the books maybe start another thread, with big spoiler warnings in the title.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wow, episode 2 is very dark with a real twist.
  • I feel like having a party. Anyone else in?
  • Only 5 hrs to episode two for me here....thought episode one got straight back into it.....The Hound was excellent as is the impressive actress who plays Arya.....I thought Bran had really grown up since the last time he was in a scene. Thought there was a touch of Game of Thrones in episode 1 season two of "House of Cards" with the sudden deathly ending. I Went to watch episode 2 and the bloody series link was broken...so no episodes 2-10 grrrrr.
  • edited April 2014
    Australian Comedy Band I quite like and their views on Game of Thrones (Love the books and show myself)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CLCOvZOh1o
  • Just watched ep 2. This show NEVER disappoints.
  • Whodunnit?
  • Sen-bloody-sational!
  • had some absolute twazzok post a spoiler on her facebook a couple of hours before the episode aired on sky atlantic. Enjoyed the episode, but it ruined it for me. Spent the time trying to work out who had poisoned him.
  • had some absolute twazzok post a spoiler on her facebook a couple of hours before the episode aired on sky atlantic. Enjoyed the episode, but it ruined it for me. Spent the time trying to work out who had poisoned him.

There have been spoilers around for the past 14 years...

• Sponsored links:

• WSS said:

had some absolute twazzok post a spoiler on her facebook a couple of hours before the episode aired on sky atlantic. Enjoyed the episode, but it ruined it for me. Spent the time trying to work out who had poisoned him.

There have been spoilers around for the past 14 years...

don't you start. It's quite clear that a lot of people watch the show and haven't read the books. Why spoil it for everyone else and go "OH LOL ITS CALLED A BOOK READ IT LOL OMG HOW EDGY AND CONTROVERSIAL AM I, DNT LYK IT? UNFRIEND ME LOL I DINT FORCE U 2 RED IT LOL OMG DNT CUT URSELF ON MY EDGE".

It's like saying who kaiser soze is to some one who's literally just about to watch the usual suspects for the first time. It smacks of selfishness and a complete lack of grasp of common decency.
  • Just watched ep 2. This show NEVER disappoints.

Absolutely. You know no character is safe - but I absolutely did not see that coming!

• Was kinda "yeah love it, take that you fecker" when it happened but then thought "Now what, damn i wanted to see more of him" afterwards
  • I agree it is not good to let people know what happens with the story having read the books. The challenge I have is that sometimes my friends ask me to elaborate on the story line a little more, because the TV show goes at breakneck speed and sometimes characters' histories aren't delved into like the book, the viewer may need some gaps filling in.

I may start a thread now for those that have read the books up to date, so they can discuss it in more detail. I certainly have a few questions I want people's thoughts on....
  • Good episode tonight. Significant deviation from the books but adds to the drama I think for TV.
  • Grr in a new flat, 3 weeks minimum til installation of TV and Wifi... So annoying!
  • Liked the ending. That part of the story is one of the threads that intrigues me the most.