Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Flags

Can you delete/remove abuse flags? I've just given one by mistake.

Comments

• Funny f*ckers!!
  • hhaha Well i got six on the first day! and im sure one was you!
  • Not guilty!
  • I think you just tap it again, I know it works with like and lol
  • No i actually got about 13 on the first day or so but they deleted a few for me. (favouritism).
  • Suppose I've only got myself to blame really.
  • They removed the top ones for you... you're obviously in the clique also.
  • I got 10 flags for posting picks of Yann with a different shirt, I only have myself to blame really.
  • I got 10 flags for posting picks of Yann with a different shirt, I only have myself to blame really.

Yes you do!

• Sponsored links:

• You did as well, I just looked! Yep serve you right!
  • Curb_It said:

You did as well, I just looked! Yep serve you right!

If it makes you feel better it hurt me as much as it hurt others.
  • I hope I'm still leading.
  • what a hero
  • Maybe to stop the idiots purposely making other people feel uncomfortable by making comments with the sole intention of collecting flags then their should be a disciplinary ladder? A post is flagged a moderator looks at it and either removes flag or removes the post. If 3 posts a removed from a user then user is suspended, 3 suspensions, user is banned. Except in severe cases of racism, bullying or worse where an instant ban is issued??

I think if there were consequences less people will treat it as a joke or some stupid competition.
  • Curb_It said:

No i actually got about 13 on the first day or so but they deleted a few for me. (favouritism).

Have that ;-)
  • Maybe to stop the idiots purposely making other people feel uncomfortable by making comments with the sole intention of collecting flags then their should be a disciplinary ladder? A post is flagged a moderator looks at it and either removes flag or removes the post. If 3 posts a removed from a user then user is suspended, 3 suspensions, user is banned. Except in severe cases of racism, bullying or worse where an instant ban is issued??

I think if there were consequences less people will treat it as a joke or some stupid competition.

Add to that maybe if one person in particular didn't flag 94% of my posts it may help too.
  • SE9 said:

Curb_It said:

No i actually got about 13 on the first day or so but they deleted a few for me. (favouritism).

Have that ;-)

Two can play that game...!

(sorry admin - crawl crawl).

• Ah, I see ..... an abuse flag deducts the points you get when people 'like' your post.

Blimey, I'm quick today.

(shakes head)

• I got flagged for saying Fosters top is the drink of the gods. Know it's not that cool but ffs, come on :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't forget, you cannot Flag the Mods.
  • Can't see who just flagged my comment from my phone but can you please refrain - it's not big and it's not clever. You're making me look bad.
  • Click at the bottom of the screen very bottom "full site" that should allow you to do it
  • The whole point of the Flag is for users to highlight abuse or posts that fall outside what users feel are acceptable posting behaviour. If used properly, it effectively hands a lot of the moderation over to the community itself, rather than just on the decision making of a deisgnated moderator.

Once flagged, that post then goes on a separate moderators queue, which a mod goes through and either removes the post, removes the flag or just leaves as it is.

By receiving a Flag, a user has points deducted that they have accumulated from Likes. if a certain number of people Flag the same post then the post is removed until a mod approves it.

It should be a helpful tool in highlighting potential flashpoints and being able to act quickly. It also gives potential user feedback on individual posters when it gets to the point we consider whether they are becoming a problem.

It clearly isn't working though as ironically a tool to try and eradicate abuse is being abused !

There is no point the moderators attempting to use it properly as it would take all day sorting out the flags that are incorrectly being applied. We'll probably have one more go at getting it used properly, but i suppose the liklehood is we'll have to remove it. Shame.
  • Sorry.

Feel bad now. Will go back and unflag.
  • I probably missed something when this scheme was introduced: What is the end product of accumulating Likes?
  • 15 minutes of fame?
  • edited February 2014
    Agree with LO:
    IMO the people who "enjoy" getting flags are the people who would brag about their ASBOs.
    Yep, well done, if you want to be "disliked" go down the rusty toolbox. At least they're honest about "we don't care".
    [PWD].
  • The whole point of the Flag is for users to highlight abuse or posts that fall outside what users feel are acceptable posting behaviour. If used properly, it effectively hands a lot of the moderation over to the community itself, rather than just on the decision making of a deisgnated moderator.

Once flagged, that post then goes on a separate moderators queue, which a mod goes through and either removes the post, removes the flag or just leaves as it is.

By receiving a Flag, a user has points deducted that they have accumulated from Likes. if a certain number of people Flag the same post then the post is removed until a mod approves it.

It should be a helpful tool in highlighting potential flashpoints and being able to act quickly. It also gives potential user feedback on individual posters when it gets to the point we consider whether they are becoming a problem.

It clearly isn't working though as ironically a tool to try and eradicate abuse is being abused !

There is no point the moderators attempting to use it properly as it would take all day sorting out the flags that are incorrectly being applied. We'll probably have one more go at getting it used properly, but i suppose the liklehood is we'll have to remove it. Shame.

:-((