Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Brighton match thread

Hopefully Redmidland will be available to do the commentary ? As he has a busy day yesterday helping Santa. ;)image

Comments

• Hoping the entire Brighton team will disappear down a gigantic puddle shortly after the game starts.
  • Ha ha ha !
  • I'll be doing the match thread from 12:00, thanks @TCE you sod!!!
  • I'll be doing the match thread from 12:00, thanks @TCE you sod!!!

;)

• Looks like there'll be no live broadcasting :'-( I'll stick to this thread then. COYA !!!
  • I'm routed to the spot in Dorset today, thank heaven for the service Redmidland et al provides.
    Good on yer mate!
    I'll be silently observing proceedings with fingers and everything crossed.
  • edited December 2013
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25441686

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP
    Venue: The Valley Date: Thursday 26 December Kick-off: 12:30 GMT
    Coverage: Watch highlights on The Football League Show; listen on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website

Charlton skipper Johnnie Jackson and goalkeeper Ben Hamer are absent through suspension and an ankle injury respectively.
    Leon Cort is still out with a knee injury but fellow defender Chris Solly is available after a knee problem.
    Brighton skipper Gordon Greer is set to return from a calf injury but winger Kazenga LuaLua is suspended.
    Andrea Orlandi could return from a knee injury and goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak is fit after a stomach muscle injury.

Head-to-head
    The last three meetings between the teams have all ended in draws, including both matches between them last season. A 2-2 draw at The Valley was followed by a goalless draw on the South Coast in April.
    Brighton have won on two of their last three visits to The Valley, including a 4-0 win there in 2010-11 when both teams were in League One.
    Charlton's last home victory against Brighton was in a Division Two meeting in October 1991.

Charlton Athletic
    Charlton, and Yeovil, have scored the least number of Championship goals this season, both finding the net on only 17 occasions. For both Yeovil and Charlton only seven of those goals have been scored at home
    They have not won any of their last five matches. They previously went six without a win in September and October, which was their longest winless run of the season so far.
    The Addicks have lost their last two matches played at the Valley without scoring a goal. They were beaten 1-0 by Ipswich before a 2-0 defeat by Derby County.
    They have won only two of the 10 Championship matches they have played at The Valley this season. Leicester and Doncaster are the only visiting teams to have been beaten there.

Brighton & Hove Albion
    Brighton have lost just one of their last 10 matches played in the Championship, a 2-1 home defeat by current bottom club Barnsley.
    They have only lost twice away from the Amex this season and are unbeaten in their last five matches away from home, winning three of their last four games on the road.
    They have kept six clean sheets in their 10 matches away from home so far this season.
  • @SkySportsNews: Brighton team to play Charlton: Brezovan, Bruno, El-Abd, Upson, Ward; Andrews, Bridcutt, Crofts; Buckley, Ulloa, D. Lopez #SSN
  • morning all and merry Christmas to you.....apologies for the shock picture at the top of this thread, hope its didn't put anyone off their food!! Will bring teams as soon as I get them.............COYR's
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 11s
    TEAM NEWS - CHARLTON: Alnwick; Solly, Wiggins, Morrison, Wood; Wilson, Stephens, Cousins, Stewart; Church, Kermorgant. (IL) #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• CHARLTON: Alnwick; Solly, Wiggins, Morrison, Wood; Wilson, Stephens, Cousins, Stewart; Church, Kermorgant.
  • Charlton subs: Pope, Evina, Dervite, Pritchard, Green, Cook, Sordell.
  • Brezovan, Bruno, El-Abd, Upson, Ward; Andrews, Bridcutt, Crofts; Buckley, Ulloa, David.
    Subs Kuszczak, Calderon, Dunk, Ince, Agustien, Orlandi, Barnes.
  • Sordell will come good
  • anyone know where to get on line commentary - friggin trains !!
  • 30 mins till ko.....COYR's 3 very precious points please and lets turn our season around!!
  • I'd say that's pretty much our best team out there today. It's hard to accommodate Jackson with Cousins and Stephens doing well together so we need to push on for a win today. Thank God LuaLua as he seems to love tearing us apart
  • Anyone at the ground, hows the pitch looking?
  • Rough In patches
  • 15 mins till ko.......lets have all 3 points please!! COYR's
  • Sponsored links:

• Emma on commentary its seems!!
  • just under 10 mins till ko
  • apologies upfront for any typos and spelling mistakes
  • Ground is so quiet. Hardly anyone in East and West stands. Brighton close to sold out
  • may have to switch to brighton commentary soon if cafc player doesnt start soon!!
  • Good morning from a very early California. A merry christmas all. Three points today.
  • Good morning from nippy but sunny Marseille.
  • still nothing from the Valley on commentary...this is a joke...
  • teams are out, im on brighton commentary
  • sounds a great atmosphere....
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!