Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Richer Sounds

Doffs Cap to them......................... I ordered a few quids worth of audio system from them for a Saturday delivery. The cd player was missing when I unpacked it, so the the amp and speakers were set up and I got on the phone. With no BS they admitted they had loads of them and someone F***** up, it wasn't even picked by the warehouseman. (it happens!)
No, "The courier must still have it on his van" just an honest "We messed this one up"
A complete refund on my delivery charges and the promise it will be there tomorrow am.............. mind you if it don't turn up tomorrow, the lots going back through their window. ;)

Comments

• Options
    Toys r us for blokes, love that store !
  • Options
    Never had anything but top-notch experience with them.
  • Options
    Closed down in Wolverehampton about 4 years ago after being open for only two months. Thought that was the end of them then. Good to hear they are still trading.
  • Options
    Buying your first "proper" system from London Bridge was a rite of passage for me and many of my friends back in the 80's.

I still have the amp and the tape deck!
  • Options
    I still gave a tape deck from them. No tapes, you understand, but I have a deck!

I bought an AV Receiver from them a couple of months ago and the chap in the store, in Maidstone, was a great help.
  • Options
    Got my amp from them about ten years ago now, still going strong and had excellent service at the time. Didn't try to oversell and would definitely use them again.
  • Options
    BDL said:

Buying your first "proper" system from London Bridge was a rite of passage for me and many of my friends back in the 80's.

I brought mine from the Plymouth store in 1998. Still sounds as good now as it did then.

• Options
    I bought a sound system from them years ago, filled in the feedback (with no complaints), and received a personal letter from Julian Richer as a response. Top bloke, top company.
  • Options
    So I was told, Julian Richer, reads all complaints. I bought an i-dock from them a while back and it wasn't quite fully compatible as the salesman said. I was given a £25 voucher for my disappointment. Not that you can buy anything for £25, I thought it was a nice touch.
  • Options
    BDL said:

Blimey, are you me? One of the few retailers where the people who work there know what they are talking about.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great store. Have bought music systems and TVs from them over the years. Always top service and never an issue with anything I have ever bought. That London Bridge store was like a treasure trove and I always picked up the little catalogues they used to put out, with all their reviews and recommendations.
  • Options
    I was all set to buy a new all singing all dancing 3D TV online but walked into their small shop at London Bridge. The guy there answered all my questions and asked me when I wanted it. I told him "now" even though I was prepared to wait several weeks online. He got on the blower and rustled up a cab that he paid for and I got a lift home to Charlton with it. It charged me the online price too.
  • Options
    Am I right thinking the LB store closed down recently ?
  • Options
    My father in Law swears by them, had nothing but top notch service, even if somethings a little more expensive in there than somewhere else (9 times out of 10 it's not) he'll still buy from them. He uses the one in Reigate all the time
  • Options

I don't think so, AFKA.
  • Options
    Highly recommended always have been.
  • Options
    The LB store used to be in the Guinness book of Records for the most profitable shop per square foot.
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited December 2013

Still there - from their website:

For the past 20+ years this store has been featured in the Guinness Book of Records for the highest sales per square foot of any retail outlet in the world

@BrentfordAddick Ha ha ha, like it.
  • Options
    BDL said:

Still there - from their website:

For the past 20+ years this store has been featured in the Guinness Book of Records for the highest sales per square foot of any retail outlet in the world

@BrentfordAddick Ha ha ha, like it.
    'Twas open when I walked past it last week...
  • Options
    AFKA, stand on your seat when you go past it in between L bridge & Cannon St next time and you should spot it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BDL said:

Spot on Mr BDL - like kids in a sweet shop.
    Great assistants too, who knew their stuff, and their customers!
  • Options
    WOW ! Wish I could copy & paste ! My son is the IT/Facilities Manager of the sister company, Audio Partnership and would love to read all these positive comments.

His boss is Julian's brother, James .
  • Options
    send him the link!
  • Options
    Great company - I've bought gear from them over the years and never been disappointed. Used to always look in the window or pick up their leaflets when I got off the train at London Bridge years ago.
  • Options
    Cheekily goes to start a Audio Partnership is crap thread.

Am over your way on weds Fanny. Give me a wave if you walk past the window.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Will do....but if Tim reads your post - beware. He's a big lad now ( heightwise of course !)

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

do you know how difficult it was for me not to change the letters in this post

god forgive me I must be maturing in my old age

• Options

MrOneLung said:

do you know how difficult it was for me not to change the letters in this post

god forgive me I must be maturing in my old age

Had to give this a special Fanny LOL, nla !!

• Options
    sorry fanny but I was too close to doing it and for the sake of your son I did not

hangs head in shame Dave Mehmet will be appalled
  • Options
    HA ha. We keep it clean in DA1