Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Going for a wee, and a goal is scored. Your stories

Any legendary Valley goals that have ripped the net at the precise moment you thought it would be a good idea to nip to the loo?

Comments

• I missed two of Clive's hat trick whilst having a piss at Wembley, had been on the lash since early morning and once the seal was broken I was in trouble.
  • tranmere home... won 3-2...... missed all 5 goals due to queue for beer and need for toilet!!
  • I missed two of Clive's hat trick whilst having a piss at Wembley, had been on the lash since early morning and once the seal was broken I was in trouble.

No way! Thatll take some beating....
  • Baily's volley in the 4-4 Millwall game springs to mind, I've missed many a goal whilst taking a piss
  • Boro away last year, my boy is mascot, he runs off the pitch, game kicks off after we walk up through the back of the stand to our seats, I pop into the loo to hear over the tannoy.... "1st goal for Charlton scored by Bradley Pritchard......"

• nope never. can't really recall even going at half time. before and after is sufficient for me.
  • I just go in my long johns so never miss a goal
  • Shag said:

I just go in my long johns so never miss a goal

Deffo helps with the warmth!
  • Guinness...this thread's for you. Although your "episode" was at The Baseball Ground & not The Valley!! ;-)
  • Does nipping out for a smoke in the North Stand count?
  • Sponsored links:

• never heard of a tenner man?
  • Remember missing David Seaman penalty save against Scotland in Euro 96 and both England goals while having two wees in the station a pub in Welling. I think Seamen saved the pen and we went up the other end and scored and then the other goal I missed getting caught short again.
  • I missed the equaliser at Southend when we won 2-1 in 2009, which I blame on the cup of tea I had at half time to warm me up, not the 10 pints before the game
  • Missed the only goal of the game in a 1-0 victory on a Tuesday night at Turf Moor in the early 80's. All that way to miss the only excitement in the game

I think it was a Paddy Powell goal direct from a corner.
  • No Addickted it was a right foot shot from the edge of the box. Was there as well as you know. 12000 at Ipswich on the Saturday and 250 at Burnley 3 days later. Danny Green saved me from a kick in from a fat Burnley skinhead.
  • No goals missed due to toilet breaks I think but was in the loo when Steve Brown missed a penalty at Wolves. Also, was downstairs buying a pie at Bolton and missed David Whyte's goal for us in a 5-1 defeat. The pie wasn't worth it.............
  • The legendary 4-1, flash hattrick game against spurs...strolling back from the toilets in the car park behind the old west stand we heard an almighty roar and thought spurs had scored and found to our delight flash had opened the scoring
  • Rarely miss a kick off but I was ten seconds late for that game at West Ham in 1986. Melrose's goal was one of the best I've ever heard
  • Travelled all the way to northern Finland with Clem Snide and a couple of others to see Charlton vs Tervarit (sp?) one pre-season... We won 2-1 (I think), one of our mates missed both our goals as he was in the loo for one and buying a hotdog for the other... Bloomin great trip though...
  • Saturdays screamer by Austin but I just bought a beer instead
  • Sponsored links:

• The only goal in a 1-0 win at Forest, cant remember much about the game may have been drinking....
  • I took my two boys and their friend (all aged between 6-8) to a Brisbane - Perth game here at Suncorp.

My two are no problem but this other little fucker had to go to the toilet SIX TIMES in the game and I missed three of the goals in a 4-0 Brisbane win.

He has never been invited back!
  • Never at the game but few times in pub. Missed shearer against Germany in euro 2000. Missed Beckham getting sent off against the Argies and England Greece game in 2001 missed sheringhams equaliser plus Greece taking the lead again as needed a crap.
  • Even worse, going for a dump and missing the entire game!
  • edited November 2013
    The equaliser at Coventry in FA Cup in 2000, we had just pulled 1 goal back and I thought well that sets us up nicely for the 2nd half comeback and went down to the snack bar area and heard a massive roar, ran upstairs again and saw our players and fans celebrating!
  • No Addickted it was a right foot shot from the edge of the box.

How was I supposed to know - I was in the Kharzi!
  • My mate missed Stephens goal yesterday going to the loo.
  • So did I last night ....
  • edited November 2013
    Missed the Q(uarter) P(ounder) R(ubbish) goal on Saturday as the lad needed a leak, still haven't seen it and don't want too, such a quiet roar from the most apathetic home support I have seen for ages

E-cafc said:

The equaliser at Coventry in FA Cup in 2000, we had just pulled 1 goal back and I thought well that sets us up nicely for the 2nd half comeback and went down to the snack bar area and heard a massive roar, ran upstairs again and saw our players and fans celebrating!

One of my best away days ever

• Stewarts equaliser against leeds, but luckily saw it on the screen in the east stand concourse...its weird of course as its running a few seconds behind real time.