Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Middlesborough Away-Jan 18th 2014

Just booked this trip
08-11,Kings Cross to Northallerton arrive 10-38 dep 10-59 arrive Middlesborough 11-30
17-50 Middlesborough to Northallerton arrive 18-17 dep 18-31 arrive Kings Cross 20-56
cost £15-60 single fare each way Kings Cross -Northallerton. Day return Northallerton - Middlesborough £7-50 total price £40-20 including booking fees.

Comments

• Or you could just use a site that doesn't charge you any fees
  • Crickey Clive , fair play to you , just the title sends shivers down my spine!
  • Clive - does your train from Northallerton allow for stopping in Darlo for the obligatory pre-match drinks in Hogans????? ;-)
  • TelMc32 said:

Clive - does your train from Northallerton allow for stopping in Darlo for the obligatory pre-match drinks in Hogans????? ;-)

no,it does not stop in Darlo.

• clive said:

Just booked this trip
    08-11,Kings Cross to Northallerton arrive 10-38 dep 10-59 arrive Middlesborough 11-30
    17-50 Middlesborough to Northallerton arrive 18-17 dep 18-31 arrive Kings Cross 20-56
    cost £15-60 single fare each way Kings Cross -Northallerton. Day return Northallerton - Middlesborough £7-50 total price £40-20 including booking fees.

Nice one Clive, Grand Central is a good way to go, generally not so crowded as East Coast
  • lot of snow predicted in the North East that weekend
  • That's over a pound cheaper than I can do it from Grimsby/Cleethorpes even with a discount card.. & I am 150 miles by road nearer to Middlesbrough than you in London
  • Having a look, that 8.11am train out is the only one you'll get that price on. Every other train is...

£108 EACH WAY!!
  • TelMc32 said:

Having a look, that 8.11am train out is the only one you'll get that price on. Every other train is...

£108 EACH WAY!!

Wait until East Coast trains release their tickets, should then be about £50 return
  • Sponsored links:

• TelMc32 said:

Having a look, that 8.11am train out is the only one you'll get that price on. Every other train is...

£108 EACH WAY!!

Wait until East Coast trains release their tickets, should then be about £50 return
    When do they do that?

• Kap10 said:

TelMc32 said:

£108 EACH WAY!!

When do they do that?

Around Friday I assume
  • safe to say ill be giving this one a dodge
  • A highly backed contender for lowest away support of the season.
  • pretty much a shoe in
  • its got some competition !
  • Could it be lower than huddersfield in league cup?
  • That's over a pound cheaper than I can do it from Grimsby/Cleethorpes even with a discount card.. & I am 150 miles by road nearer to Middlesbrough than you in London

@Lincsaddick

Try buying a return ticket to York and then another from York to M'boro. Found out by accident last season that this knocked the on the day walk up price of a return from Sheff to M'boro down from ~£50 to ~£30. I would guess that going from Lincolnshire the price would be similar, so if you have a discount card your travel cost will be ~£20 - £30.
  • it doesnt help with it being so close to xmas, plus i think ill be doing the majority of the march away games so need to save for them.
  • Kap10 said:

TelMc32 said:

£108 EACH WAY!!

When do they do that?

Keep checking every day, as a rule I start checking every day three months prior to scheduled games
  • Sponsored links:

@Lincsaddick

Try buying a return ticket to York and then another from York to M'boro. Found out by accident last season that this knocked the on the day walk up price of a return from Sheff to M'boro down from ~£50 to ~£30. I would guess that going from Lincolnshire the price would be similar, so if you have a discount card your travel cost will be ~£20 - £30.
    thanks for the tip SR .. strangely, for virtually the same journey, the price comes down to around £28-30 .. just another mystery of the railway fare structures
  • might do a weekend in newcastle for this one.
  • east coast advance tickets now on sale giving options via york, you may save money by booking to York and then day return York-boro
    Kap10 said:

TelMc32 said:

£108 EACH WAY!!

When do they do that?

• clive said:

east coast advance tickets now on sale giving options via york, you may save money by booking to York and then day return York-boro

Kap10 said:

TelMc32 said:

£108 EACH WAY!!

When do they do that?

Going on First Transpennine you do not need to book in advance and is £12.60 return, make sure you do not go via Darlington as you get clobbered a lot more